LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "THIS IS GREEEAAAT"  (Read 2277 times)

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

"THIS IS GREEEAAAT"
« on: February 27, 2006, 08:40:19 AM »
I have been out of the loop for awhile, and when I come back....you guys finally have a WIND FORUM..

Are there any playa's out there that play any "obscure" wind instruments?  I am a sax player by trade, but I also play the flute (big surprise), oboe, and bassoon.  You should try to incorporate some of these sounds into your worship services.....

The first time I pulled the bassoon out at choir practice they looked at me like I was CRAZY...but after they heard the mellow fullness of the background it provided, they really were amazed.

If you want your choir or gospel group to really stand out and be unique, go find someone who can play a double reed instrument, and listen for the magic....

SIDE NOTE:  It also is a great motivational tool for young musicians, as most young black musicians have never seen anyone play an instrument like this outside of an orchestra type setting.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline theunit

• LGM Member
  • morning glory

Re: "THIS IS GREEEAAAT"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:01 PM »
wow.. basson thats off the hook.....besides sax I also play keyboards and clarinet....hmmm you have given me a great idea  for the choir thanks and million cause some of my friends play some double reed ...
THE UNIT

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Re: "THIS IS GREEEAAAT"
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
I wish I could see something like this
Pages: [1]   Go Up