LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Training New People from scratch  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Holy Roller

• LGM Member

Training New People from scratch
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:27:08 PM »
any tips ??

what do you do with Folks who want to be in the choir but have no experience or can't really sing ?

i could use some suggestions - much appreciated !!!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Training New People from scratch
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't present a choir until they're absolutely ready, so if the choir in general is ready, then maybe the people that aren't ready will have to sit out. If EVERYONE isn't ready, then they just won't sing. I don't believe in throwing anything out to God. People say isn't not the presentation, but your heart, which I agree with, but if your heart is in the right place, you'll WANT to get better, in other words, you'll practice to perfect the songs. Any mindset less than that tells me that the person doesn't really want to sing.

Offline Holy Roller

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »
I'm not necessarily talking about a Choir but individual persons wanting to join the choir. the dynamics of a church choir are so different from the community choir. it's harder to turn faithful church members away from a ministry.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »
While it is difficult to turn away faithful members of a church from a ministry, there must be some level of gifting from the Holy Spirit, and a desire to perfect your gift,  in order to operate effectively within any ministry.

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:16:01 PM »
Do you teach the choir how to sing? Many directors do not they just get up and teach parts. That is why trainning is important. They should be working on scales and exercises during every rehearsals. You all should be working on interval harmony too like major and minor chords. This will give the members a ear for those chords when they hear them.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up