LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it safe to say that a double pedal drummer is the equivalent to a...........  (Read 10208 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Some of you guys are retarded! Dang! Huf, huf, huf, I use a single, huf,huf,huf, and its cheating huf,huf,huf, and I can do anything on one huf,huf,huf, NO YOU GUYS CANT YOU RETADED NEGROS! A double is just another tool that we as musicians can use in our tool box. I have a really fast right foot and can do sextets on it, forget just doubles and triples! I use full time a double Iron Cobra pedal. It opens a whole new world to your playing that you cant do with only a single.

I practice my feet like hands and independence. So lets use logic here. Can you play faster with one hand or two? Mind you I do hear guys who need a slap for using their doubles for things like quads, if they took some time to work on their foot they sould be able to do with one. As for John Blackwell his double kick drum playing is not the greatest, I have the video also! I do practice playing Kick with my left foot just so I can. I practice playing the whole kit backwards.

The first guy I heard on a gospel recording using a double kick was the guy in the first and second Indiana State Mass Choir recordings. Who was he again?  I also use them on gospel gigs and recordings, when used right they are awesome! :-*
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

MaestroDivine

Some of you guys are retarded! Dang! Huf, huf, huf, I use a single, huf,huf,huf, and its cheating huf,huf,huf, and I can do anything on one huf,huf,huf, NO YOU GUYS CANT YOU RETADED NEGROS! A double is just another tool that we as musicians can use in our tool box. I have a really fast right foot and can do sextets on it, forget just doubles and triples! I use full time a double Iron Cobra pedal. It opens a whole new world to your playing that you cant do with only a single.

I practice my feet like hands and independence. So lets use logic here. Can you play faster with one hand or two? Mind you I do hear guys who need a slap for using their doubles for things like quads, if they took some time to work on their foot they sould be able to do with one. As for John Blackwell his double kick drum playing is not the greatest, I have the video also! I do practice playing Kick with my left foot just so I can. I practice playing the whole kit backwards.

The first guy I heard on a gospel recording using a double kick was the guy in the first and second Indiana State Mass Choir recordings. Who was he again?  I also use them on gospel gigs and recordings, when used right they are awesome! :-*

DING-DONG!

I'm not trying to do what a double-peddler does with a single. I don't know about these other guys, but a double-pedal just isn't my cup of tea. I know all the benefits of it, and what not ... however, I started out using a single, and it has served me very well thus far. I've yet to scratch the surface, I'm sure.

It would seem that many double-peddler's look down on single-peddlers, and vice versa.

We just need one big hug, and realize that I'm the most stubborn son of a gun of all times. You can do 16 thousandth notes with your double, and I wouldn't care if Dennis Chambers called me personally and told me I was limiting myself by playing a single.

I guess If I say, I'm gon' play with a hit-hat, kick, and snare ... somebody will get mad 'cause I'm not using toms! Go ahead and play your 60 piece sets! If we were shedding, and someone decided to rob us for our drums, I'd lose a lot less!

Hahaha! Never thought about it like that, huh?!!

~OD

MaestroDivine

...and if you can do all of that with you big fat foot, imagine would I can do with my foot!

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

...and if you can do all of that with you big fat foot, imagine would I can do with my foot!

lol lol at big FAT FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

Hahahahahaha, you guys crack me up......lol
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

Nuthin cause my big fat foot kills yours I can tell by the looks of your bottom lip!!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

Hahahahahaha, you guys crack me up......lol

Ya that was a good one eh!

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Nuthin cause my big fat foot kills yours I can tell by the looks of your bottom lip!!!!

LOL Both of yall a trip!!!
Artistik Muzik

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

I think we have scared the little people away  ;D
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Eccentric-Rhythm

I think we have scared the little people away  ;D

I'm still here...Maybe I am not a little people though...hmmm.

God BLess.

Eccentric-Rhythm

Gospel Drummers that use 4 way Coordination:  Marvin McQuitty, Christopher Coleman, Gerald Heyward, Teddy Campbell to name a few.

Gospel Drummers that use a double pedal: Marvin McQuitty, Christopher Coleman and a few others I can't think of right now.

The point is to learn 4 way Coordination.  I personally would use a double pedal for Special Effect licks or patterns.  You know, at the Climax of a song or something.  I do feel that what Gospel Drummers lack is there Hi hat foot work.  We tend to have 3 way Coordination.  It's the truth.

AMEN!!!
I dont think I can say it any louder!!!!!! HELLO.....Playing Single bass is fine...no problem. playing Double bass is fine...no problem. its not cheating...

WHERE THE CHEATING IS, IS FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THAT I DONT NEED 4 WAY INDEPENDENCE. If you are playing single bass, you left foot should be able to make fire come out of the hit hats....

The point is, whatever the method....double bass or single and hats.... we have 2 FEET... we need to learn how to use the 2 FEET...

WE play the drums with 2 hands...or are we going to say, oh its cheating to use your left hand...just use your right. could you pull off half of the stuff you pull off with one hand? I THINK NOT.

Can you walk with one leg??? unassisted????

Could you play keys, with one hand??? you could pick out Melody...or play chords, but you cant do both.

God gave us a mouth, heart, 2 arms, 2 legs....why....to PRAISE HIM....and thats what I am going to do!!! Why should I rob my left leg of a Blessing from Praising God, because someone thinks I am cheating.....

LONG LIVE 4 WAY INDEPENDENCE!!!! I AINT THERE YET, BUT I WILL BE.

MUCH LOVE. ;D ;D

God Bless.

bump my thoughts...haha.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up