LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel Chops DVD  (Read 6437 times)

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

Gospel Chops DVD
« on: March 05, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »
I just want every one to comment their opinion/critque of everyone who performed on it?

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

Re: Gospel Chops DVD
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »
there is another thread on here about that use the search thingie to find it.

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »
Thomas Pridgen- This guy is not from planet earth! He was easily the most creative. He kept my finger on the rewind button. I think he dominated session 2. Tony Royster Jr.- He's got some fast hands. Outside of that, he didn't really show me too much. Jeremy Haynes- He was so very musical, even in that shed situation. His maturity was shown throughout, and the guy's foot is nuts. Eric Moore- Great chops, really fast. Pretty creative. I was impressed by him. Joey Oscar-Is it just me or did he seem a little uncomfortable in that situation? I don't know. He's got some crazy singles though. Yaahn Hunter- I was amazed that he could even breath shedding with Pridgen, Royster, and Eric Moore. Considering the situation, he held is own. I can't imagine sheding with those three. Nice.
Just play music...

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »
im sad to say i cant get the DVD...my moms dont like ordering from her comp...now if it was in stores near my town..i wouldve got it..
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:17:14 PM »
Haven't seen it yet but plan to pick it up soon.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline drumadic

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »
Too many notes for my taste...That's why i vote Jeremy alll the way.His maturity and musicality makes him a way better musician than the other cats.
Thomas is cool,i like that he uses phrases from not gospel drummers only.Tony is fast and effortless but plays too many notes.Same for Eric Moore.They're monsters but i like a drum solo to build up more rather than shredding from beginning to end with no dynamics and nuances.This is not how a musical solo should be played in my humble opinion.Those cats should listen to some jazz and stuff.Don't get me wrong,i love fast licks and all,but all the time...no thank you.

Joey looked a bit contrived but there's sthg about his playing that i really enjoy. ???

Mad props to Yaahn who,despite his young age,is all but ridiculous.Not sure i would have handled it as good as he did.

haydenka

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »
I thought the dvd was ok.  Thomas and Tony were next level!  They were killin the hardest.  Eric was good but his timing was very bad.  Jeremy was alright but his chops were too rudimental and soft.  Joey Oscar was...well...to be honest, I dont know how he made the cover.  The bass player was pretty crafty.  The keyboard player was sweet.  I would like to see Thomas Pridgen, Aaron Spears, Chris Dave and Ronald Bruner Jr. in a session.  After that, there would be silence in Heaven for about 4 hours.   

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:34 PM »
I JUST THOUGHT IT COULD OF BEEN STUCTURED BETTER   I WAS PROUD OF MY SON TAWANN HANGING LIKE THAT AT 14 YEARS OLD , LANDING THE ONE OFF CHOPS IS ALLTHAT MATTERS, IF YOU DON'T ITS WASTED ENERGY   I HOPE TO BE ON THE NEXT ONE    I HAD TO PLAY THAT NIGHT   WHAT DID YOU THINK OF ARRON GREEN AND TAWANN  .I THINK THEY KILLED FOR LAST MINUTE  FILLINS  LANDING          THE ONE

AND RESPECTING THE SPACE OF OTHERS,  HAVING FUN  ,NO COMPEDITIVE  TENSION

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 08:42:39 AM »
everything was tight but i thought the camera ppl was terrible...they didn't kno what they was doing...me and my ppl could record somethin betta then that....too thos kats was NASTY
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »
how about add Nathaniel Townsley on the next session along with Chris Dave and Ron Bruner, that would be fun...

MaestroDivine

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 08:58:42 AM »
Yeah ... they need some serious heavy-weights.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »
how about Gerald Heyward, Chris Coleman, Aaron Spears, and Spanky.....

MaestroDivine

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »

did u fall asleep? i think i doses off a little bit too..
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday

MaestroDivine

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 11:54:22 AM »

did u fall asleep? i think i doses off a little bit too..

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Coleman shed. Some people have called him GREAT, so I'd like to hear him just let it all out. I've heard the rest - and that wouldn't be interesting to me.

Offline trakfire1

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »
ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THOMAS PRIDGEN IS VERY TALENTED. HIS STYLE OF PLAYING AND CHOPS WERE INCREDIBLE. TONY ROYSTER.....WELL WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM................ABSOLUTELY A MONSTER ON THE DRUMS. J. HAYNES HAD MY ATTENTION ALSO. HE IS VERY MUSICAL WHICH I CAN RESPECT. THE YOUNG GUYS ON THERE WERE NICE TOO. I DIDN'T SLEEP ON THEM. ERIC MOORE IS NICE ON THE SET, WITH OUT A DOUBT. MUCH RESPECT!! PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE HAD THERE OWN STYLE AND  J. HAYNES ALSO DID HIS BEST AT CONRTOLLING THE SHED SO THAT IT SOUNDED GOOD. I CAN RESPECT THAT BECAUSE HAVING THAT MUCH TALENT IN ONE ROOM CAN BE A LITTLE CRAZY. HEY, ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD.  :)

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »
80% of the DVD was just a sloppy mess. Thomas didn't impress me, and if you were listening, his timing was no better than some other cats in the room. He didn't honor the groove as far as I'm concerned. Eric Moores timing was very good most of the time, he did some SICK things and if this shed session was a contest, he would have won. And that's the opinion of about 10 people I've shown the DVD to. 

JOey seemed alittle tense, maybe camera shy but I know for sure he could bust out some better stuff than he displayed.

Jeremy haynes ofcourse never missed a beat. He did great but his drums weren't mic'ed up real well. He's FAST.

Tony royster was okay for me.

Aaron Green did some sick stuff.

The kid wearing the "lil drummer" shirt was very tasty and current. He honored the groove !!!

And kid with the glasses needs some work. Just to much for me.

DVD was pretty cool.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »

WHAT ? Doc you sleepin on the wrong people...

MaestroDivine

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 02:40:28 PM »

WHAT ? Doc you sleepin on the wrong people...

Man, I've heard all those cat's man. I'll trade for a Spanky shed - but the rest of those dudes don't really interest me.

People have different taste's. The other day, a friend of mine told me he didn't like Chris Dave, 'cause his playing was too unusual. I didn't tell him he was crazy. Everything isn't for everybody.

JFunky

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
...I can agree with that statement "Maestro".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up