LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singers Shed  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Singers Shed
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:09 PM »
Ok we hear of musicians shedding so why dont we hear about singers shedding? :) The singers could get together and share technique.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

Re: Singers Shed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »
I'm with you on this one. All would have to leave their 'Mine is greater than thine' attitudes outside though.  Feel me?

Lyric33

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »
What's a good technique for increasing your range? It seems when I start going up in range my singing starts to sound kinda nasal. So does anyone have any pointers??? :)

Offline Prophetic Remnant

• LGM Member
  • "Touch not THIS anointed one...so STOP HATING"
    • PlayGospelKeys

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:31:34 AM »
I think singers don't shed because to much singing can wear down your throat while to much playing can wear down your sleep. =)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 10:57:05 PM »
What's a good technique for increasing your range? It seems when I start going up in range my singing starts to sound kinda nasal. So does anyone have any pointers??? :)

Yes hit up my girl 2KLUBKLARITY, she is the expert on this!  God bless, Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Lyric33

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 11:28:51 PM »

Yes hit up my girl 2KLUBKLARITY, she is the expert on this!  God bless, Bishop Cole

Alright, will do. Thanks :).

Offline Elle123

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 11:33:37 PM »

Hi Lyric33.  I learned to increase my range mainly by reading a book called "The Art of Singing by Tetrazzini and Caruso".  I think it's an old book but very informative on 'where to hold everything'.

One important thing is to open the back of your throat.  It is common to clamp down in that area without realising it.  To open your throat properly, I suggest you start humming choruses with your mouth shut, and at the same time, opening the back of your throat.   Don't overdo it the first day, do it a bit at the time.    After a while, say over a week or two  you realise you are now singing with the throat more opened, open you mouth and sing, keeping the throat as open. (be careful if your throat feels sore, you are overdoing it, slow down), This will help some of the more pure sound come out - and never strain, let it feel like an easy breeze when your singing comes out.

Increasing range?  Slow exercises.  Sing a chorus in one key a few times, then take it up a key.  Do it all slowly, you can do this going down the scales as well.

Hope this helps.  God bless you as you continue to work with this beautiful gift, the voice.

Lyric33

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »
Hi Lyric33.  I learned to increase my range mainly by reading a book called "The Art of Singing by Tetrazzini and Caruso".  I think it's an old book but very informative on 'where to hold everything'.

One important thing is to open the back of your throat.  It is common to clamp down in that area without realising it.  To open your throat properly, I suggest you start humming choruses with your mouth shut, and at the same time, opening the back of your throat.   Don't overdo it the first day, do it a bit at the time.    After a while, say over a week or two  you realise you are now singing with the throat more opened, open you mouth and sing, keeping the throat as open. (be careful if your throat feels sore, you are overdoing it, slow down), This will help some of the more pure sound come out - and never strain, let it feel like an easy breeze when your singing comes out.

Increasing range?  Slow exercises.  Sing a chorus in one key a few times, then take it up a key.  Do it all slowly, you can do this going down the scales as well.

Hope this helps.  God bless you as you continue to work with this beautiful gift, the voice.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this. I already can tell this is going to help...
 God bless you too... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up