LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Should "active" homosexuals be allowed to sing, play, or service the church?

Yes, absolutely
12 (18.5%)
No, absolutely
41 (63.1%)
Yes, but with limitations
3 (4.6%)
Maybe, depends on the circumstances and the church
4 (6.2%)
Not certain
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: April 07, 2006, 01:41:29 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Active Homosexuality Within the Church  (Read 22032 times)

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

Re: Active Homosexuality Within the Church
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 06:39:15 AM »
when first talking about homosexuals in church as a young youte i would say bun dem but now im old enough to realize and through scripture i must hate there sin and not them thats why i would reach out to them and help them for if i dont i will be held accountable we must love them for were all sinners to and there is no such sing as a greater or lesser sin (ex: stealing is just as sleeping wit someone of the same gender of you
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead

Offline dat_maestro

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »
My sister was an active homosexual who loved God and shot herself in the head November 3, 2003.  Zenovia was a beautiful spirit who was not allowed to come to church and have the same experience as other people caught up in different sins.  If we really want to help people, really, we will pray for them period.  Obviously, if someone is actively homosexual, they are not ready to give up that lifestyle yet.  We need to realize that this situation is most difficult for the homosexual person.  The last thing we want is anyone to die in sin.  Let us remember that life and death is in the power of the tongue and those who love it shall eat its fruit-Proverbs 18:21.  Rest in peace my precious and only sister.  The real musician in the family.  Please forgive us for we knew not what we were doing.  I love you forever.

Thank-you for your post, my sister. I am praying for you. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your sister in the way that you did. I am a man who is in the same situation. In my case though, I haven't allowed my sexual preference to become public knowledge. As far as most people who know me are concerned, I am straight. One thing that so many people don't understand is that, the vast majority of us, if we could, would be attracted ONLY to the OPPOSITE sex. It is a "tremendous" burden living with these feelings inside of us. So many times during my life, I have prayed and asked God to take these feelings away! I don't want to be like this! Even though I try not to, I still find myself yielding to the desires inside of me that cause me to want to be with another man. Maybe people would understand better if they would look at it this way. Just think about your feelings toward the opposite sex. The same desire that you feel for them is the same desire that we feel. Most of us would change it if we could, but it's so much easier said than done. I don't know why I feel this way. I do however make every effort NOT to yield to these desires. Even though sometimes I fall......I get up and try again! We need to refrain from the hate and alienation that we practice toward our brothers and sisters and realize that EVERYBODY needs and deserves love!

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 05:08:05 PM »
My sister was an active homosexual who loved God and shot herself in the head November 3, 2003.  Zenovia was a beautiful spirit who was not allowed to come to church and have the same experience as other people caught up in different sins.  If we really want to help people, really, we will pray for them period.  Obviously, if someone is actively homosexual, they are not ready to give up that lifestyle yet.  We need to realize that this situation is most difficult for the homosexual person.  The last thing we want is anyone to die in sin.  Let us remember that life and death is in the power of the tongue and those who love it shall eat its fruit-Proverbs 18:21.  Rest in peace my precious and only sister.  The real musician in the family.  Please forgive us for we knew not what we were doing.  I love you forever.

im sorry to hear that my sister god bless you and hold on to the faith
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead

B_XALTED

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »
I agree with so many of you. It is the sin that we should hate and not the sinner. What message do we send out if we sit down our homosexual members... But hot pants Susie been with the entire decon board??? It is uncomfortable, but needs to be addressed. Let he that is without sin cast the first stone... I think that some people get so caught up in being hollier than thou, that the forget that they themselves are sinners saved by grace... With the same drinking problem, still going home to beat their wifes, cheating on their husbands... etc. I am a serial fornicator... now what??? I play the drums for my church... should they sit me down? There is no sin greater than another. Sin is sin. So I guess if we enforced that, we would come to an empty church with no choir, no PASTOR cause they sin too, and nothing but the roaches in the basement.This is a great topic, I'm gonna go ask my mommy what she thinks... I'll be right back.

Offline tamikagreene

• LGM Member
  • Many are called,few are chosen.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »
I have to say I have a concern of a Pastor who allows anyone living a blatanly sinful life to hold a leadership position in their ministry. My pastor on several occasions have asked folks to step down out of their office because of the situations in their life, i.e. Living with boyfriends. Which was the situation at our church, but I am sure if someone lead a known and active homosexual life he would not allow them to hold a leadership office in our church. We still love this person and pray with them and for them,but they do not hold offices and Leadership positions. Just as a testimony we have a young lady who last spring when she joined our church was Gay and dressed like a dude. God delivered her from that lifestyle,but it took time and growth on her part. She was still an active member of our church and we treated her no different and loved her no less.
Isaiah 59:16   The Ministry of Intercession

Offline TheClef

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 02:22:45 PM »
I'm not really looking to perpetuate this subject, because it makes me nauseous to see it continue with little progress.

But to assert that anyone's lifestyle is NOT in sin is contrary to the Bible's teaching and just as Jesus chose even those who would betray him for his ministry, we should not be so self- righteous as to assume that homosexuals are incapable of worship acceptable to God.

atwell92

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »
Like the old saying... God Created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

B_XALTED

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 04:37:01 PM »
or Madam and Eve...

Offline clefnote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God shall supply every need ;BELIEVE and RECEIVE

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 05:22:49 PM »
MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST ;we know this is a real serious subject and it must be dealth with within the church .first of all it's a abomination before God and for us to accept this  would be just as bad as partaking in the sins of  others according to II john  1:11 . we know that we shouldn't be jugdement al toward others but, jugdement must begin in the house of the LORD God call for sacred santified life in service and ministry unto HIM People we must realize WE CAN'T serve In sin What difference it's making ?What IMPACT on the sinner does it serve , remember GOD Said ;ALL SOULS ARE MINE .....the fathers...the sons... But the soul of the sinner it shall die . Also remember the sons of Eli  I Samuel Chapters 3 & 4 servicing God in ministry Died for sinful deeds Romans1 declares reprobation of people mind ,Joshua 7 the sins of Achan remove the accurse this from among your stuff!!!!! Serve God with a clean heart pure mind . And brother with these fleshly carnal desire God can keep you wholly if you surrender all unto HIM. JESUS SAID ;these kind come out but by praying and fasting[/s] pray and fast these are the last days and obvious there is an spirit of error happening in the church . :'( :o
Thank-you for your post, my sister. I am praying for you. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your sister in the way that you did. I am a man who is in the same situation. In my case though, I haven't allowed my sexual preference to become public knowledge. As far as most people who know me are concerned, I am straight. One thing that so many people don't understand is that, the vast majority of us, if we could, would be attracted ONLY to the OPPOSITE sex. It is a "tremendous" burden living with these feelings inside of us. So many times during my life, I have prayed and asked God to take these feelings away! I don't want to be like this! Even though I try not to, I still find myself yielding to the desires inside of me that cause me to want to be with another man. Maybe people would understand better if they would look at it this way. Just think about your feelings toward the opposite sex. The same desire that you feel for them is the same desire that we feel. Most of us would change it if we could, but it's so much easier said than done. I don't know why I feel this way. I do however make every effort NOT to yield to these desires. Even though sometimes I fall......I get up and try again! We need to refrain from the hate and alienation that we practice toward our brothers and sisters and realize that EVERYBODY needs and deserves love!
IF, IT AIN'T IN THE WORD, IT'S NOT OF GOD!

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 08:30:01 PM »
or Madam and Eve...

Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

True..............God created Man

Gen.2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

He made woman......................

Gen.5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God created man....................made woman......................and called them both Adam (not Adam & Eve)

B_XALTED

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »
Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

True..............God created Man

Gen.2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

He made woman......................

Gen.5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

God created man....................made woman......................and called them both Adam (not Adam & Eve)

Amen to THAT!

Offline kashawn

• LGM Member
  • ~!J@ZZY!~

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
i think homosexuals should not be active in the church until they give up the way they sre living. the only thing we can do about it is pray that God changes their ways. :-\
~!Blessed by th3 B3ST!~

B_XALTED

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
Why is there such a focus on the homosexuals though???? What makes their sin stand out so much more than a whoremonger, theif or a liar???? I see the point but then dont see it...

Their sin or lifestyle isnt different from that of a womanizer, drug addict... So what makes us put so much focus on them???? Just a question?

My minister of music is an active gambler.... my friends church, whoa, the pastors wife is the head of the womens ministry, and is an active alcoholic.... But when the gay musician came in, HAULT!!!!! he had to step down.... Where is the consistency in that??? out of God's will is out of His will, no matter how you slice it.

I feel that ALL the lifestyles should be changed, I know the scriptural standpoint, but if we are only focusing on the gays in church and none of US other sinners living a contrary lifestyle, what does that make us???? Its like saying, you can't be a gay misician, but you can be the minister who beats his wife. you cant be the gay teacher, but you can be the fornicating trustee.... I see an obvious inbalance...

if you are an active drunkkard, and you are the head of the deacons, you need to step down. If you are a woman beater and also a sunday school teacher, you need to step down. If you smoke weed and are the youth choir director, you need to step down... AND YES, if you are a GAY musician, YOU NEED TO STEP DOWN.... if we stop putting focus on one area so much and look at the broad picture, makes less confusion, more understanding... JMHO....

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »
i think homosexuals should not be active in the church until they give up the way they sre living. the only thing we can do about it is pray that God changes their ways. :-\

With this mindset, everyone who sins should be sat down....

....then who would serveż
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline alexanderhowze

• LGM Member
  • God is Faithful

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »
Homosexuality is a very uncomfortable, touchy, and a seemingly taboo reality within the church. Unfortunately, many pastors tend to shy away from preaching and teaching on this very important issue.
Many people in our churches suffer from this condition and it needs to be addressed more, but it needs to be dealt with through LOVE!!! Please keep in mind that I said "ACTIVE". There is a tremendous difference. Try reading 1 Corinthians 6 with focus on verses 9-20.
Please let me know your comments, thoughts, and beliefs on this topic. It will be much appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Ok and how do you determine who is active and who is not?

Also remember it might be seen as hypocritical to hold those that commit one type of sin to a different standard than others.  If you are going to restrict "active homosexuals", then you may need to restrict active liars, gossipers, fornicators, cheaters, etc.
God is Faithful

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »
Ok and how do you determine who is active and who is not?

Also remember it might be seen as hypocritical to hold those that commit one type of sin to a different standard than others.  If you are going to restrict "active homosexuals", then you may need to restrict active liars, gossipers, fornicators, cheaters, etc.

Check above post
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline alexanderhowze

• LGM Member
  • God is Faithful

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »

Very Good point.  I think we might agree for once..lol
God is Faithful

Offline msnoody

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
I live in Atlanta, which is home to one of the largest gay black male communities, even in the church.  There are churches where the gay men literally seem to congregate.  They seem to all travel in the same circuit, which also happens to be the same circuit that sings with, plays for, or leads the more popular local gospel groups in Atlanta.  These are the ones who are at every concert, every midnight musical, every preachin, and in the church everytime the doors swing open.  As ridiculous as that all sounds, guess what?  The same backbiters, whoremungers, liars, cheaters, smokers, drinkers, etc. are also at many of these same functions (myself included).  And I would be willing to bet that there are some heterosexual preachers, deacons, choir/praise team members, church officers, and musicians, who sin more than some of those homosexuals do.  So who gets to sit them down?  The Pastor?  So does that mean that he's without sin?  Cause I know mine surely isn't, and most other ones I know to.  So then who sits the pastor down? Exactly.  Let God do what God does best.  Leave the correcting to Him and let us continue to pray for our brothers and sisters, pastors, etc.  Who knows, when God delivers them, they might be a testimony to somebody else who is going through the same thing.  But because some sinner whose lying wasn't as bad as their homosexuality decided that they needed to be sat down, they got offended, left the church, and is now no longer interested in worshipping with hypocrites.  (please understand the sarcasm, but get the point)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2006, 05:26:27 PM »
Why is there such a focus on the homosexuals though???? What makes their sin stand out so much more than a whoremonger, theif or a liar???? I see the point but then dont see it...

Their sin or lifestyle isnt different from that of a womanizer, drug addict... So what makes us put so much focus on them???? Just a question?

My minister of music is an active gambler.... my friends church, whoa, the pastors wife is the head of the womens ministry, and is an active alcoholic.... But when the gay musician came in, HAULT!!!!! he had to step down.... Where is the consistency in that??? out of God's will is out of His will, no matter how you slice it.

I feel that ALL the lifestyles should be changed, I know the scriptural standpoint, but if we are only focusing on the gays in church and none of US other sinners living a contrary lifestyle, what does that make us???? Its like saying, you can't be a gay misician, but you can be the minister who beats his wife. you cant be the gay teacher, but you can be the fornicating trustee.... I see an obvious inbalance...

if you are an active drunkkard, and you are the head of the deacons, you need to step down. If you are a woman beater and also a sunday school teacher, you need to step down. If you smoke weed and are the youth choir director, you need to step down... AND YES, if you are a GAY musician, YOU NEED TO STEP DOWN.... if we stop putting focus on one area so much and look at the broad picture, makes less confusion, more understanding... JMHO....

While a sin is a sin but didnt God Call homosexuality an abombination? he never said that about lying

Offline alexanderhowze

• LGM Member
  • God is Faithful

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2006, 08:55:21 PM »

While a sin is a sin but didnt God Call homosexuality an abombination? he never said that about lying

Proverbs 6:16-19
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Psalms 101:7
He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight

Ummm those are just two instances.  You should also know the bible mentions lying more than homosexuality.

God is Faithful
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up