LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Should "active" homosexuals be allowed to sing, play, or service the church?

Yes, absolutely
12 (18.5%)
No, absolutely
41 (63.1%)
Yes, but with limitations
3 (4.6%)
Maybe, depends on the circumstances and the church
4 (6.2%)
Not certain
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: April 07, 2006, 01:41:29 AM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Active Homosexuality Within the Church  (Read 22019 times)

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: Active Homosexuality Within the Church
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
Look up the word calling and you will find it means interest or the word passion. Preaching is only warning people or instructing people. The term practice what you preach isn't a general term for nothing. Most people are still stuck in what people have defined preaching as what we've seen in church all our lives. The bible says how can they here without a preacher and how can he preach unless he be sent... Everyone that is converted to God is sent to preach because Jesus said that after you have recieved power from on high then you will be witnesses of me. That is verbally sharing your faith to people who are lost. Haven't you ever found yourself in a position to witness to people after a impromptu discussion about God popped up. If that witness was strong enough GOD lead you in what to say because the discussion turns to a every listening to you because they find the wisdom and knowledge that flows through you as strange? That's called preaching my friend. Whatever spiritual gift any believer has he is obligated to be prepared to witness for God. To answer my on question it has happened to me several times in my life. These times occurred most before I acknowledged the call on my life. A call on ones life is only an assigment from God. God is smart enough to book in advance because everyone doesn't choose him. That's what that scripture really means about many being called but few are chosen. It really means few really choose to carry out the assignment or get sidetracked. See the parable of the sower for details.

The mega church mentality along with unbiblical doctrines about how to get involved in the preaching ministry has warped the church into thinking that the man or woman of God is a Diety which is witchcraft. Some churches don't want you to walk in the pulpit or move the rostrum for weddings and all kind of spooky religious stuff that absolutely has nothing to do with God. I respect your views however my views are radical by nature and it is part of my calling and who I am. I will never disregard healthy discussion of the bible however I have discovered that a true walk with God is hearing his voice and learning to be sensitive to his voice. Notice he said my sheep know my voice and not my word. He also instructed us on how to allow the word of God to Abide in us. So it is a happy medium between the 2
A happy medium, or do you need to do both fully?  They certainly are not opposite of each other, they actually support each other.  All scripture is given by inspiration of God so I don't think any of it is merely suggestions or irrelevant thoughts of man as you seemed to say in another thread. 

rjthakid

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
Look up the word calling and you will find it means interest or the word passion. Preaching is only warning people or instructing people. The term practice what you preach isn't a general term for nothing. Most people are still stuck in what people have defined preaching as what we've seen in church all our lives. The bible says how can they here without a preacher and how can he preach unless he be sent... Everyone that is converted to God is sent to preach because Jesus said that after you have recieved power from on high then you will be witnesses of me. That is verbally sharing your faith to people who are lost. Haven't you ever found yourself in a position to witness to people after a impromptu discussion about God popped up. If that witness was strong enough GOD lead you in what to say because the discussion turns to a every listening to you because they find the wisdom and knowledge that flows through you as strange? That's called preaching my friend. Whatever spiritual gift any believer has he is obligated to be prepared to witness for God. To answer my on question it has happened to me several times in my life. These times occurred most before I acknowledged the call on my life. A call on ones life is only an assigment from God. God is smart enough to book in advance because everyone doesn't choose him. That's what that scripture really means about many being called but few are chosen. It really means few really choose to carry out the assignment or get sidetracked. See the parable of the sower for details.

The mega church mentality along with unbiblical doctrines about how to get involved in the preaching ministry has warped the church into thinking that the man or woman of God is a Diety which is witchcraft. Some churches don't want you to walk in the pulpit or move the rostrum for weddings and all kind of spooky religious stuff that absolutely has nothing to do with God. I respect your views however my views are radical by nature and it is part of my calling and who I am. I will never disregard healthy discussion of the bible however I have discovered that a true walk with God is hearing his voice and learning to be sensitive to his voice. Notice he said my sheep know my voice and not my word. He also instructed us on how to allow the word of God to Abide in us. So it is a happy medium between the 2.

Again, it seems you're merging "Preaching" with "witnessing".  I assure you they aren't the same.

Are you currently sitting under a Pastor?  If so, how long have you been sitting under your current Pastor?

Offline nrfyr

• LGM Member

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2006, 07:08:19 PM »
Let me first begin by saying the post says "active" -- which implies that one is "willingly" walking in sin -- leaders should do their best to ensure that those whom they assume some responsibility over, have a walk worthy of their calling.  Open and unconfessed sin should never be allowed to go without confronting.  And that goes for any sin - not just homosexuality. 

As far as Christians not having the right to judge one another -- or -- he who is without sin, cast the first stone -- let's keep these in context.  We, as Christians, do a great disservice to the body of Christ by ignoring open sin/misconduct.  Whatever happened to the scriptures that say, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable, for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work"

Don't dismiss/ignor open sin -- confront it.  "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins" -- "because the soul that sins shall surely die".  Speak the truth in love.  "Brethren, if a man is overtaken in ANY trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted."  "An open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed."

I read through all of the replies to this post -- and I saw a lot of people refer to the large amount of sin in the church, and stated that was a good reason not to sit someone down from ministry.  Becasue the reasoning was, if we sit one sinner down, we sit them all down -- then we have no one left to minister.  This logic is out of balance.  It's this kind of mind-set that has brought the church to the state that it is now.  We need to work on cleaning up the church, eliminate the compromise.  We are supposed to be growing up -- not maintaining in our sin.  Leadership needs to step up to the plate and be accountable and responsible -- for they are gifted for the "equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ".  If they refuse, then they themselves should step down.  Sin cannot be left alone...because "A little leaven will leaven the whole lump" -- this passage of scripture actually deals with sexual immorality in the church!

As far as the leadership themselves walking in sin -- bad on them.  There are some specific qualifications for the primary leaders in the church (see 1 Timothy 3).  If they can't walk blameless and worthy before God, maybe you need to consider another place to fellowship.

Bottom line -- we are to be vessels of honor, not dishonor.  "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor.  Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work."  So, if one refuses to cleanse themself from sin -- they shouldn't even consider themselves USEFUL for the Master.  "Be ye holy for I am holy!"

rjthakid

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2006, 09:45:41 AM »
Again, it seems you're merging "Preaching" with "witnessing".  I assure you they aren't the same.

Are you currently sitting under a Pastor?  If so, how long have you been sitting under your current Pastor?

Are you there Furious Styles?

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »
Maybe this topic has run its course... again.  ;)

I must say, I am proud of us, fam.  We were able to discuss the finer points of the issue at hand, without any name calling or getting upset or out of hand.  Undoubtedly, this topic will keep surfacing because people join the site every day and wish to participate in the discussion, but as long as everyone can discuss and disagree without getting heated, discussion can be healthy and positive.

I dare say that almost every viewpoint has been raised at least once, so it would probably be wise to read the whole thread before posting to avoid redundancy.

Offline Lady E

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »
Hello family...

I'm through with this topic, so can someone please tell me how to stop this thread from coming to my personal email.  I clicked on the spot that tells me to click to unsuscribe (3 times) it didn't work. 
Please Help!!! 

Thank U

Offline Lady E

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:35 PM »
I finally figured it out about 20 minutes ago Family.  Thanks anyway :)

Offline rovelmorris

• LGM Member

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »
Well first of all there are active and passive struggles..I believe that if an individual is a practicing homosexual in the church and it is known then they should not be allowed to be involved in any form of ministry...as it is now public knowledge and will cause comprimision on the church on a whole..for those who are "In the closet" well we will never know, however they also need to know that God loves them as an individual but hates the sin..if they are struggling and failing they should seek help and allow their conscience to guide them in taking a break from their minisrty until they are counselled and delivered.

God Bless

Rovel
Jamaica West Indies

Offline baggettcindy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »
for those who are "In the closet" well we will never know, however they also need to know that God loves them as an individual but hates the sin..

Well for those in the closet...it may not be PUBLIC knowledge, but I know first-hand the Spirit can tell on a person.  Someone may know, but not saying anything...they could be in prayer.  There are many closeted saints...

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
There are many closeted saints...

Huh?

Can you be a saint and have closeted sin Regardless of the closeted sin?

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Saint is one who is sanctified. 

sanc‧ti‧fied [sangk-tuh-fahyd] –adjective made holy; consecrated

IMHO

Peace
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Huh?

Can you be a saint and have closeted sin Regardless of the closeted sin?

1 John 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Saint is one who is sanctified. 

sanc‧ti‧fied [sangk-tuh-fahyd] –adjective made holy; consecrated

IMHO

Peace

we all have things that we keep to ourselfs we must be careful that we are still not living in sin but that we are asking God to save and deliever us from wateva were dealing wit
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2006, 06:42:07 AM »
we all have things that we keep to ourselfs we must be careful that we are still not living in sin but that we are asking God to save and deliever us from wateva were dealing wit

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

John 3:20
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

John 9:5
While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

John 12:46
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2006, 07:18:58 AM »

At first glance, looking at this response may make one say, "what?" But, in actuality, it makes sense. The Bible says, "all have sinned and fallen short of His glory" (my paraphrase) so since that IS the case, no matter the sin we ALL have sinned. Everyone of us.

The problem comes when we characterize which sin is worse. God doesn't do that.

Which leads me to this question. Are we evil or wicked when we sin?  (Proverbs 24:1,2,8 )

Be blessed.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2006, 09:22:19 AM »

At first glance, looking at this response may make one say, "what?" But, in actuality, it makes sense. The Bible says, "all have sinned and fallen short of His glory" (my paraphrase) so since that IS the case, no matter the sin we ALL have sinned. Everyone of us.

Which leads me to this question. Are we evil or wicked when we sin?  (Proverbs 24:1,2,8 )

Be blessed.

I know that putting a grade on sins (which one is worse than another) is a hobby for some.
I don't go there.
I've sinned a truckload of sin in my life.
Thankfully for me and everyone else, light has come into the world so we no longer need to live in darkness.
Sure, darkness is all around us and even resides in our very own souls but Jesus himself said that we no longer "stay" in darkness.
He is in the light...we should be in the light...end of discussion, imho, regardless of what your sin du jour is.  ;D
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
Although God hates all sin he has some that he hate worse…. “Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost” being one…. 

Also see: Prov 6:16-19
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

By the way Saint – Sinner is and can never be the same. In fact they are polar opposites.

When reading Rom 3:23  could the words ‘have sinned’ be past tense  denoting prior to salvation?
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline Little Feather

• LGM Member

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2006, 09:27:12 AM »
"Do you not know thta your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit? I f anyone defiles that temple, God will destroy him." Is what I will say on that. Because we belong to God, we know that no sin should dwell within our members and thta God is not pleased with those who do anything against His word. It is a part of sexual immorality and one thng that I do know is that anyone who is sexually immoral WILL NOT enter the kingdom of heaven. But I do not judge them, all I do is pray for them and continue to love them despite the things that they may do.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2006, 12:08:04 AM »
A sin is a sin,no one sin is any better or worse :-*

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »

This is a really hard one and I frankly believe that only God has the answer.  How many people go to other cities and commit this sin  of homosexuality without ever being found out?  How many are committing some sin in their thought process that we cannot see?  How many people have had pre-marital sex and no baby came of the union which helped keep this particular sin under wraps, yet others committed the same sin  of fornication and were openly "caught" in sin  because of a pregnancy.
I thank God that this is one sin that I am not struggling with and Lord have mercy on others who are in the struggle and also Lord let them know that You are always there ready to Deliver!  Praise God!  Praise God!

To the lady who lost her sister to suicide I prayed to God when I read that post.  I asked  God  to bless and keep you and give you peace.     

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2006, 07:00:44 AM »
I think it would really be fair to lump all sexual sin with this hot debate because I believe homosexuality is only one of the many struggles of sexual perversion. This very notion is swept under a bigger rug than the homosexuality debate. For years we have accepted the playboy as a right of passage in the church world as well as the secular. God never accepted it but we have winked at the seriousness of sexual sin. OUR doctrines and denominations are more important than the teachings of spirtual and sexual purity. Our communities are overrun with sickness and disease because of our unwillingness to stand up for truth throughout the world. I empathize with someone who struggles with homosexuality because one kan never pinpoint how they were realeased into such a vile and degrading lifestyle. In my earlier posts I shared some radical views and respectfully appreciate your thoughts and opinions on the subject matter of Preaching and God's biblical order. It should be noted that part of my radical approach to ministry comes from great discussions as these. I've witnessed very few post in this thread that have went in depth on the this topic of sexual sin. Most people have said sin is sin or theres no one sin greater than the other. For the most part in general layman's terms that can be viewed as correct. However it is only one side of a distorted view of a spirtiual issue that our churches have not been honest about.

(Especially black churches.) WE have allowed unscrupulous leadership to lead us in a direction that not only promotes sin but endorses it to a degree. When we fail to preach the truth in its entirety then we have cosigned for the devils devices to destroy and steal from the people that we minister (serve) to. We haven't holistically dealt with the issue of sexual impurity in our church communities causing debates such as these. Sexual impurity runs rampant in our churches because we have leadership and flock who endorse or pacify God's mandate for holiness. Thats a tough pill to swallow but its true. Until we fess up to that point we will continue to reap corruption as Galatins tells us in chapter 6 verse 8. Our churches have become the den of thieves that jesus despised. We have given ourselves over to rhetoric and ideals that are worldly as well as devilish. People aren't empowered to live as God would have them live because we have become people's spirtual crutches and not the swift kick to the rear that we all need sometimes. We all know about the man who was at the pool for 38 years right. Let's honestly ask ourselves how long have we as a body of belivers been inoperative at the pool of sin? How long have we asked God for something that we already have been empowered to do. Don't confuse this notion of man being empowered with the notion of situations that arise that we can't handle and God's power intervenes to help us. I'm only saying that we have the blueprint on how to get free from this situation and we are going to Tarsus and not Ninevah.

furious

Ignorance is Bliss

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2006, 08:56:58 PM »
1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

John 3:20
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

John 9:5
While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

John 12:46
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

first of all.....most of your quotes were from JESUS (the example)......the only person who was found blamless...but still took on the sins of the world so weah might be cleansed.......since we are born in sin and wrapped in iniquity (spelling???) and since all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD......we still sin cuz weah are in the flesh and our flesh will neva be saved.....weah strive for perfection but non is perfect but the man above......i look at it like this since weah are saved weah do not practice sin but that doesnt mean weah dont sin sum of cuz gossip dont do wat God tells us wen he tells us imean all kind of things.....lets remember to him that knows to do and does not do to HIM it is sin........so we are to alwayz be in a David state of mind (a mind of repentaince) cuz you neva want nething blockin you for the closeness wit God

Be blessed.

i knew that would catch sumones eye but its the truth and i think once christians get a hold of that thats when revival can really start.....AND LAWD WEWAH NEED IT
And I Want You To Say Well Done....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up