LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: UNDERATED DRUMMERS  (Read 6968 times)

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

UNDERATED DRUMMERS
« on: March 08, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
WHICH DRUMMERS DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST UNDER-RATED? MY TOP IS
1. REX HARDY- MARY J. BLIDGE
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED
3. BRIAN FRAZIER-MOORE - CHRISTINA AGUILERA
4. GORDEN CAMPBELL - JESSICA SIMPSON
5. TEDDY CAMPBELL - BRITANY SPEARS

:o TIGHTEST GROOVE :o

EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

Re: UNDERATED DRUMMERS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »
Is rex hardy the guy tht was on the mary j live from LA? If so, that guy is wack and he's not underrated at all. Theres nothing special to him. (i'm not really sure, Im just tryin to get some good clips of him.... wink wink) I could have done that concert and got more oohhs an ahhhs.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »
Excluding No 1 & 2...

I can see why 3-5 are underrated...  it certainly doesn't look like its their own fault why their underrated! Lol!

Regardless, I don't know who these guys are but I plan on googling them. Thanks for the info, got some learning to do!

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 02:04:57 PM »
Excluding No 1 & 2...

I can see why 3-5 are underrated...  it certainly doesn't look like its their own fault why their underrated! Lol!

Regardless, I don't know who these guys are but I plan on googling them. Thanks for the info, got some learning to do!

LOL... you are suggesting their singers right??? hahaha...thats too funny!
 :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

God Bless.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 02:14:32 PM »
Excluding No 1 & 2...

LOL... you are suggesting their singers right??? hahaha...thats too funny!
 :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

God Bless.

Yup. LOL! ;D

It was quite funny cause those were they first names I looked at...  ::) ;D

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 02:18:07 PM »
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »
Is rex hardy the guy tht was on the mary j live from LA? If so, that guy is wack and he's not underrated at all. Theres nothing special to him. (i'm not really sure, Im just tryin to get some good clips of him.... wink wink) I could have done that concert and got more oohhs an ahhhs.

i think he was on blueprint wit her...i think he was crushing it...he desevers to b on this list i think
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am right behind you on that one!!! I also fit that category! haha

God Bless.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED

Brian, Gorden and Teddy are not under-rated they are mature. They hold/have held dow gigs with major artists and musicians. THe fact is that too many folk here are caught up in the whooo weee factor. Being a working musician is not about that. All the guys you named are working. None of the guys you named have ventured into promoting themselves as an individual drumset artist or clinician.

These guys aren't under-rated really... they have respect in the circiut of hiring and firing, LOL. That's where we all need to be. Folks in general need to re-assess what being a good/great drumset musician is. It's not the flash in the "working/pro circuit" it is in call backs for recording and touring opportunities, it is the major tv performances, it is the imprompt to band calls.

If we talk under-rated lets talk about Nate Morton, house band drummer on CBS' - Rock Start INXS. He is a Berkley grad attending the same time as Abe Laborial Jr.  or Forrest Robinson who plays with India.Arie . and any number of other guys whom just haven't gotten that spotlight gig yet but have been consistently holding down big gigs.

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED

Brian, Gorden and Teddy are not under-rated they are mature. They hold/have held dow gigs with major artists and musicians. THe fact is that too many folk here are caught up in the whooo weee factor. Being a working musician is not about that. All the guys you named are working. None of the guys you named have ventured into promoting themselves as an individual drumset artist or clinician.

These guys aren't under-rated really... they have respect in the circiut of hiring and firing, LOL. That's where we all need to be. Folks in general need to re-assess what being a good/great drumset musician is. It's not the flash in the "working/pro circuit" it is in call backs for recording and touring opportunities, it is the major tv performances, it is the imprompt to band calls.

If we talk under-rated lets talk about Nate Morton, house band drummer on CBS' - Rock Start INXS. He is a Berkley grad attending the same time as Abe Laborial Jr.  or Forrest Robinson who plays with India.Arie . and any number of other guys whom just haven't gotten that spotlight gig yet but have been consistently holding down big gigs.

thanx alot sabe, they need to hear this! while these young cats is sheddin and killen in the basement, my man brizz is getting rich! that dude is never home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED

thanx alot sabe, they need to hear this! while these young cats is sheddin and killen in the basement, my man brizz is getting rich! that dude is never home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right, thats right! I couldnt give opinion on whether theyre underrated or not becuase of what Sabe is just hammered out.
... although it wasn't hard to rate the artists they were associated with... ;D

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »
I know one thing I need to read the entire board before I post my posts... Another underated drummer is Darryl Robinson (Lil Darryl).  The few names that I am going to include is Terry Baker, Jeff Lo Davis, Chris Johnson, Joel Smith, and Asaph Ward Jr. I have a few more that I will mention later.  Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 06:12:55 PM »

I agree, I dont think hes all that and following Gerald made his playing even more whack!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline Slick1

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 05:39:23 AM »
Quote from: TightestGroove on March 08, 2006, 01:23:30 PM
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED

TIGHTEST GROOVE

I agree with SABE.  THem cats are being "richly" blessed.  It is all about reading music and working.  These cats on this list are touring and studio pros.  To me Teddy shouldn't even be on there.  If you watch American Idol.  That guy can play any kind of music and still throw a crazy lick in there every now and again. 

Offline buggs

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 09:33:58 AM »
wutz up drum family I just wanted to say that I respect all of your opinions imnot here to crush on what nobody think about those drummers that were mentioned but me an one of my friends were talkin about this kind of stuff and its like why cant we just respect a person for the way they play,someone said that rexell was wack and its like why must we be like that towards each other I mean we are all in this together and im not trying to hate on nobodys opinion but its like we all have a different style of playing so why cant we just respect a person for the way they play cause yeah you was right rexell is not gerald but that dont mean he sorry I know its a drummer that all ya'll on here look up to that might be more experienced than you or that can do more stuff than you but that dont make you a sorry drummer cause im sure its a lot of ya'll on here that is straight BLAZING!!!!!!!! on drums. But I just wanted to share that, yall stay up and keep on doin what you do, PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Seven

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »
Quote from: TightestGroove on March 08, 2006, 01:23:30 PM
2. BIG MIKE - NEW BREED

TIGHTEST GROOVE

I agree with SABE.  THem cats are being "richly" blessed.  It is all about reading music and working.  These cats on this list are touring and studio pros.  To me Teddy shouldn't even be on there.  If you watch American Idol.  That guy can play any kind of music and still throw a crazy lick in there every now and again. 

Wow!!!  LOL Wow!!!  You guys are crazy

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 04:58:31 PM »
There are a few drummers that i remember that are underated you guys may have heard of them.

1.Kevin Brunson(Milton Brunson & Thompson CS)
2.Keith Phelps (Indiana Mass Choir)
3.Larry Tucker (Oscar Hayes & Abunadant Life C.)
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »
wow some of u guys say that rex is wack, but he is still working. so i guess the person who writes the checks likes his playing and thats all that really matters. cuz that dude can play. true he didnt do anything amazing on that gig, but he played the gig right. he wasnt tryin to get ohhh and ahhhs, but he did some nice stuff on there tho. dont sleep on people who work! i personally dont care for ricky lawson, but i respect  him cuz this man got to tour with micheal jackson and has held down many big gigs. u cant sleep on him and say he is wack. hes working!!!!

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 10:31:52 PM »
i gotta add lil bean and bigblackdrummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaestroDivine

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
wow some of u guys say that rex is wack, but he is still working. so i guess the person who writes the checks likes his playing and thats all that really matters. cuz that dude can play. true he didnt do anything amazing on that gig, but he played the gig right. he wasnt tryin to get ohhh and ahhhs, but he did some nice stuff on there tho. dont sleep on people who work! i personally dont care for ricky lawson, but i respect  him cuz this man got to tour with micheal jackson and has held down many big gigs. u cant sleep on him and say he is wack. hes working!!!!

I can respect anyone whose gettin' big gigs. However, this IS the entertainment industry. I don't think their is anything wrong with the oooh's and aaaaah's, as long as they you know the time & place. Ricky Lawson did play for Michael ... but, he put me to sleep. I didn't dig his playing at all. I guess he doesn't care - but I do. I really don't like it when people make it seem like the only thing that matters is working. Who really wants to be a musician simply works?

Maybe some people can be content with that. However, I'm a showman at heart. While I know I'm not front & center .. I know I can bring something exciting to the music, without trying to take over the show.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up