LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alto Please  (Read 1234 times)

Offline keysoflife06

• LGM Member

Alto Please
« on: March 08, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »
Hey all,
 I have two groups that I am a musician for and I need help catching the alto part. The director for one can"t seem to get to rehearsal and I have been trying to do the other one myself. I didn't know if there was a "rule of thumb" or some type of theory that i could apply to get it

Keysoflife06
Romans 6:1-4 Clean-up!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

Re: Alto Please
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:59:45 PM »
Hey all,
 I have two groups that I am a musician for and I need help catching the alto part. The director for one can"t seem to get to rehearsal and I have been trying to do the other one myself. I didn't know if there was a "rule of thumb" or some type of theory that i could apply to get it

Keysoflife06

Yes there is a sort of rule of thumb. Remember that the alto part is normally a third with the Sop. and a third with the tenors. For example, if you are in the key of F major the A would be the altos note. If this doesn't help you, let me know and I will expound a little futher. Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline keysoflife06

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:51:59 AM »
Thank you very much I will try that ASAP and if I have any other questions I will get back. Thank again!

God Bless,
keysoflife06
Romans 6:1-4 Clean-up!

Offline deemusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.bellsouth.net

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:56:31 AM »
I have a question, I have been appointed to seperate the voices in our choir, I have some knowledge of how to get them to harmonize,and practice each voice range in their range. but it seems like I'm lost in explaining this to them, for about 3 seconds while singing, you can hear the harmony in the choir voices, then they lose it and i have to start all over, do you have any better way of teaching seperating voices.

Offline silky

• LGM Member
  • at the Cross.......

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 06:07:22 PM »
I have a question, I have been appointed to seperate the voices in our choir, I have some knowledge of how to get them to harmonize,and practice each voice range in their range. but it seems like I'm lost in explaining this to them, for about 3 seconds while singing, you can hear the harmony in the choir voices, then they lose it and i have to start all over, do you have any better way of teaching seperating voices.

no matter what part has the melody, start with that part.  the choir members should memorize the melody.  this will make it much easier for them to catch and keep their own part. 
WHEN YOU CAN'T, GOD CAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up