LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help a young brotha  (Read 772 times)

Offline 5stringpiccolo

• LGM Member

Help a young brotha
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »
I am Bass player that plays drums and everynow and then the organ. I don't know the organ all that well and i need help. There are people in Kansas City that give lessons but everyone that I've been to is always busy and hardly available. I really want to play the organ at a professional level unlike my bass and drums which are at an advanced level. I want to write and arrange my own songs and I've always been told you can play an piano like an organ but you can't play a organ like a piano. i'd like to play them both. HELP!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? ???
Your Brother in Christ,
B. Lew

Offline Cone

• LGM Member
  • My first bass

Re: Help a young brotha
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »
This is the wrong room bro.  Use the organ room to ask this question.  I'm pretty sure they will a have an answer for you.  Good luck. ;D
God is #1 in my life.  Put your trust in him!!

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »
Like Cone said this is the wrong room, but since I play both instruments I can help you.  I think you have the saying backwards, You can play an organ like a piano but can't play a piano like an organ.   From my experiences, you can cover up "bad" notes on an organ because it sounds better and its harder to pick out when someone hits a wrong note on an organ because of the fullness of the chord and dark warm sound.  While on the other hand, its easy to pick out a wrong note on a piano because they tend to have a bright sound.  This is my experiences, but if you want a better explanation you can post in the organ room and get some advice from a seasoned organ player.  I haven't been playing long enough to give a better explanation.  Hope this helps.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline libz

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 04:54:43 AM »
Hey brothers in  christ.  i am a  young brother who is intreasted to play the bass where ever i goooooooo, but i am just a beginner. so would any of you would kindly give some tips or anthinbg related on playing the bass.http://

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 06:57:44 AM »
I will start of by saying that you are taking the first step by asking questions and joining LGM.  To get started I would say make sure you have a bass that you are comfortable with.  Next, ask any question that you have in regards to bass playing.  And remember to practice, practice, practice.  If you can, pick up books, dvd's, and any other material that will help you out.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline Jmack

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 08:01:38 AM »
you're at the right spot.  look through the many pages of posts on this site and it will definately get you started.  i just started playing last year and i've gotten a lot of stuff off of this site.
"Make a joyful noise unto the world"
Pages: [1]   Go Up