LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Try to Do better but CAN'T??  (Read 704 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Try to Do better but CAN'T??
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »
Anyone ever truely want to do better, but have been doing "stuff" so long that they seem like they will never be able to break there bad habits??? 
  So eventually you just give in and say 'Lord forgive me"??  But still want to do better??  (did that make any sensej) :)
:)

Nakia518

Re: Try to Do better but CAN'T??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:05:59 PM »
Anyone ever truely want to do better, but have been doing "stuff" so long that they seem like they will never be able to break there bad habits??? 
  So eventually you just give in and say 'Lord forgive me"??  But still want to do better??  (did that make any sensej) :)

It made a whole lotta sense... and yes it happens all too often... I think that you sincerely have to get in in your heart that you don't want to do it again... and then pray and asks God to take it from you....

Then you have to rid your life of anything that would cause you to revert back to what ever it is... Ad when you are feling tempted... Pray and pray somemore...

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:29:58 PM »

I agree with Nakia518. It is tuff fighting the flesh because the flesh was made to sin. That is why it is crucial to crucify your flesh daily.God will take away every stronghold that has got us bound if we just pray to our"DADDY" and ask Him to step in on our behalf! God has NEVER let me down and he never will!!!  Bishop Lamar Cole   
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
It made a whole lotta sense... and yes it happens all too often... I think that you sincerely have to get in in your heart that you don't want to do it again... and then pray and asks God to take it from you....

Then you have to rid your life of anything that would cause you to revert back to what ever it is... Ad when you are feling tempted... Pray and pray somemore...

CHEEKS!  Just ONCE I'd like to say what's in my head before you do.   :-\ :P

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:30:09 PM »
Glad someone understand. :)

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 12:39:10 PM »
 So eventually you just give in and say 'Lord forgive me"?? But still want to do better?? (did that make any sensej) :)

I know exactly what your talkin botu man... and every one here is right on target but i'll take it a step further... get someone you trust and someone who is strong in the Lord and tell them about it... let them pray with you.. they can call to check up on you... the biggest trick of the enemy is to get us to feel that we're alone.. we have the biggest army of saints behind us but we keep things to ourself a lot... but liek i said get someone you trust and some one who is strong in the lord... you want some who will pray you through instead of sitting there feeling just as oppressed as you are... be blessed man.....
God doesn't want your gifts. He wants your life...

Offline ABOVEALL

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »
Most importantly we have to let GOD do his perfect work.  If we had the power to do this thing we would have done it.  God gives us the power, but only if we accept his authority over ALL of our situations.  PRAYER and SUPPLICATION!!!

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »
Most importantly we have to let GOD do his perfect work.  If we had the power to do this thing we would have done it.  God gives us the power, but only if we accept his authority over ALL of our situations.  PRAYER and SUPPLICATION!!!

Now you have said it!!! Glory!!
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:30 PM »
Oh yeah and just to add to that.. sometimes  you can be sooo focused on not "messin up" that, that's all you seem to do.. change your focus.. don't woorry about meesin up worry abotu celebrating Jesus... any time you wanna do God evil will always be before you but if you don't focus on the evil thing you don't walk into it... little experiment for you... go outside and lok down and try to follow your feet and walk in a straight line.. now while your focused on walkin that straight line you may bump into what's in front of you or get hit by a bus or something... now walk in a straight line looking ahead.. you may not walk in such a perfect line and you may stumble but you will get to where you're tryin to go... now try and walk with your eyes close... total disaster not only can you fall or walk into any and everything you usualy end up no where near where you're tryin to go..point... our walk with God we can't walk blindly and we can't walk trying to focus on what we've done or what's even rwat's gong on now.. we have to walk focused on what God has for us... your past and your present in no way determines your future.. focus on your tomorrow and make steps towards it...

Nakia518

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 12:57:30 PM »
Oh yeah and just to add to that.. sometimes  you can be sooo focused on not "messin up" that, that's all you seem to do.. change your focus.. don't woorry about meesin up worry abotu celebrating Jesus... any time you wanna do God evil will always be before you but if you don't focus on the evil thing you don't walk into it... little experiment for you... go outside and lok down and try to follow your feet and walk in a straight line.. now while your focused on walkin that straight line you may bump into what's in front of you or get hit by a bus or something... now walk in a straight line looking ahead.. you may not walk in such a perfect line and you may stumble but you will get to where you're tryin to go... now try and walk with your eyes close... total disaster not only can you fall or walk into any and everything you usualy end up no where near where you're tryin to go..point... our walk with God we can't walk blindly and we can't walk trying to focus on what we've done or what's even rwat's gong on now.. we have to walk focused on what God has for us... your past and your present in no way determines your future.. focus on your tomorrow and make steps towards it...

*running down the hall.... and getting my dance on*... I felt the glory in that one... You Go Boy!!!!!

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 01:04:22 PM »

Fasting I find helps, dying to flesh is a hard thing, but ot an impossible thing. When temptation comes (and it will) try focusing on the Word of God thats already in you, call a freind, go for a walk (if possible), find soemthing wlse to do and focus on that instead of the temptation

My .02

Offline acts2-38

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bad!! Just like I was

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 01:41:20 PM »
Yeah that happened to me before. I was always taught that to continually do something and repeatedly repent is to tempt God......

The thought that I may not make it to repent again or that God is going to get fed up with the apologies was enough for me to stop. Now, everybody makes mistakes, dont get me wrong. All Im saying is that sooner or later God will cause something to happen to you where you know that it is punishment for whatever habit you had. And I always think that Nothing is worth me going to hell!!
Give a man chords to a song, you help him for a day. Teach him theory and you help forever!!!

Offline lilcarolina

• LGM Member
  • My Name Is Victory!

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »
Jniles you said everything that I needed to hear.  I've felt like this a lot lately, and it seems like this topic and your replies came right on time.  God Bless!
"I Know Who I Am, God Wrote It In His Plan For Me, My Name Is Victory!"

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »

I know exactly what you mean :)
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 08:40:47 PM »
Everyone knows what that is like. Even the Apostle Paul knew what that was like.

In Romans he talked about the good he wanted to do, but he couldn't find out how to do it. He said that when he wanted to do good, evil was still present.

It is something we don't like to talk about lest someone think we aren't saved. (Isn't it strange how peer pressure can get into the church if we let it?)

But we need to talk about it, so people don't live in condemnation.

Truth is this: some things we can't change about ourselves: only GOD can change it. This isn't talking about willfull, conscious, deliberate sinning and just saying, "Oh, well . . . I'm just human."

It's talking about those things saints sometimes struggle with, cry out to GOD for, wrestle in the spirit for. 

Be Blessed, everyone
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »
Yeah that happened to me before. I was always taught that to continually do something and repeatedly repent is to tempt God......

[size=08pt]"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"[/size] [size=08pt]Romans 6:1&2[/size]

Repentance is the key.
We must really understand the difference in repentance and remorse. Fallable as we are, becoming subject to temptation may occur with ones christian walk, yet God being gracious not only provides a way of escape but is also a merciful judge through our repentance. His mercy is only applicable through repentance cause the soul has "godly sorrow" for their acts and never wishes to return to such behavior again. Many instances people "can't" do better because they haven't totally given up (repented) of these deeds.
Thats why fasting is so important because you deny your flesh until it becomes subject to God's will.  Anyone ever fasted, then prayed and your flesh was so weak that all you could do is just cry out to God?? Ask him to have mercy and take away everything thats wasn't pleasing to him??  I must admit, that prayer works because the flesh has no strength against the spirit that is petitioning God's will in your life. It is possible to do better, but only if you're willing to crucify that flesh and totally submit to God.
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline soldieranointed

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 10:10:30 PM »
I was there, but I wasn't "sinning".  I just was at a standstill!  God was the only one who could bring me out!  If I ever thought I was in the valley, I sho was when I went through my experience!  I"m so glad that God has the ability to bring us out! 
Much Luv!  Sista Starra

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 07:42:36 AM »
I'm glad people understand. :)

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
Jniles you said everything that I needed to hear. I've felt like this a lot lately, and it seems like this topic and your replies came right on time. God Bless!
i'm glad i was able to help someone out be blessed
Pages: [1]   Go Up