LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Chris Coleman still with Israel & New Breed??  (Read 2324 times)

Joro

Is Chris Coleman still with Israel & New Breed??
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:36:31 AM »
I heard a rumor that Chris Coleman isn;t playing with Israel anymore? Is this true??

Man, he is such a GREAT GREAT drummer!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: Is Chris Coleman still with Israel & New Breed??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:54:01 AM »
***** iz you sleepin !!!! Its been like a year since he left them! Marvin Mcquitti and some others took over now Big Mike Clemons is his main drummer.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »
coleman was last with him in his previous cd release "live from another level"

Offline Simnel19

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 11:50:48 PM »
Someone on this site said Big Mike Clemmons no longer played with Isreal.  If I remember correctly, the individual said Clemmons wasn't in the pocket as much as Isreal would have liked.  True??? ???

Notice:
Please understand, this is what I read on this a while back on this site.  I don't believe it or disbelieve it, I just simply read it.

God Bless
Sim

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 12:43:04 AM »
Someone on this site said Big Mike Clemmons no longer played with Isreal.  If I remember correctly, the individual said Clemmons wasn't in the pocket as much as Isreal would have liked.  True??? ???

Notice:
Please understand, this is what I read on this a while back on this site.  I don't believe it or disbelieve it, I just simply read it.

God Bless
Sim

I don't know about all that but I guess we'll see next month when they perform at the Dove Awards.

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:48:38 AM »
Did anyone other than me catch the fact the Big Mike is married to Coko from SWV or am I the last one to catch that?

Also did you notice that he endorses Sabian cymbals now (instead of Zildjian...) Which he mentioned switching last year.

He is also endorsing ddrum acoustic drums and electronics (not Yamaha anymore but some of knew that change was coming).

Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 09:17:31 AM »
Did anyone other than me catch the fact the Big Mike is married to Coko from SWV or am I the last one to catch that?

Also did you notice that he endorses Sabian cymbals now (instead of Zildjian...) Which he mentioned switching last year.

He is also endorsing ddrum acoustic drums and electronics (not Yamaha anymore but some of knew that change was coming).

Yeah man. I've had to update alot of cats on those events.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline LiLCedSmith

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:28:01 AM »
Yeah...Big Mike still with Israel. He just got the sabian endorsement, he also endorses this new company called DDrums...check them joints out on DDrum.com, them joints are pretty crazy! I don't know if the mentioned it on here yet, but Calvin switched to Sabian too.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »
Yeah...Big Mike still with Israel. He just got the sabian endorsement, he also endorses this new company called DDrums...check them joints out on DDrum.com, them joints are pretty crazy! I don't know if the mentioned it on here yet, but Calvin switched to Sabian too.

Yes we heard about Calvin's switch.

Ddrum isn't really new because they have doing electronics for years but they started doing acoustics about 2 years ago. They are out of Tampa.

Offline LiLCedSmith

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 11:39:59 AM »
Yeah you rite, not many people about them. I'm waiting to see who gone be the face of the company.

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 11:43:40 AM »
yeah,they been together a minute!

Offline drumdude

• LGM Member
  • Drumworks it really works.
    • www.drumworksinc.com

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »
 Yeah dude he hasn't been with them for over a year .But, he does have a hot dvd out. www.drumworksinc.comCheck out hte clip...

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

Whoa!!! The fact that Big Mike switched to Sabian is new to me.. In December he was still with Zildjian.  I think the takeoever has officially begun.  Sabian is definitely doing big things.  Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline dway

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
SABIAN SABIAN SABIAN SABIAN SABIAN SABIAN just cant get enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Simnel19

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »
OK, I'm not partial to any cymbal company, but I have a strong attraction to A customs.  I also like Sabian's Raw Bell Dry Ride, but other than that, no cymbals from Sabian really make me think twice.  I did, however, enjoy the sound of Sabian's AAXplosion with the unlathed bell and of course that cymbal is hard for me to find.  My question is, in your opinion, what makes Sabian cymbals the best?  Is there that much of a sound difference?  Perhaps it's brand loyalty?

To me, a cymbal is a cymbal.  You have top quality and garbage cymbals in all cymbal companies.  I can appreciate the sound of Paiste (let me get a hand on Nat. Townsley's cymbals, MAYUN!), Meinl, Zildjian, Wuhan, and Sabian, but what is that determining factor for you?

I hope this post doesn't sound condescending, I'm just trying to broaden my perspectives as a drummer.

Thanks and God bless
Sim

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »
OK, I'm not partial to any cymbal company, but I have a strong attraction to A customs.  I also like Sabian's Raw Bell Dry Ride, but other than that, no cymbals from Sabian really make me think twice.  I did, however, enjoy the sound of Sabian's AAXplosion with the unlathed bell and of course that cymbal is hard for me to find.  My question is, in your opinion, what makes Sabian cymbals the best?  Is there that much of a sound difference?  Perhaps it's brand loyalty?

To me, a cymbal is a cymbal.  You have top quality and garbage cymbals in all cymbal companies.  I can appreciate the sound of Paiste (let me get a hand on Nat. Townsley's cymbals, MAYUN!), Meinl, Zildjian, Wuhan, and Sabian, but what is that determining factor for you?

I hope this post doesn't sound condescending, I'm just trying to broaden my perspectives as a drummer.

Thanks and God bless
Sim

Personally not to slight any other company because some other companies have cymbals that I like however... I personally like Sabians consistent sound (between sizes/lines), the musicality of their sound... they seem to blend so well while still standing out.  As well the creativity in engineering , every year they bring something new to the table that really is new. For me they are my voice. (No I don't have an endorsement with them... they are my first choice in cymbal purchasing/usage).

Meinl Byzance, Generation X ,MB20 are next

Paiste Dark Energy Signatures are right their as well

Then Bospherous.

All the voicings and companies I like tend to have a unique voice.

There are some Zils I like. I actually like the new ZHTs. I like the K Custom SSessions hats and 18" ride, The K Custom Dark hats, Fast Crashes, Left-Hand Ride, Special Dry Hats, The Oriental China. As my budget grows I will eventually own whole setups of all I mentioned because I love drums and beleieve in having the right sound for the job. It's all about what's best for the music. I also don't like to mix cymbal brands nor drumhead brands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up