LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Seven Churches  (Read 277 times)

Offline jehovahpraize

• LGM Member

The Seven Churches
« on: March 15, 2006, 04:24:08 PM »
Before John's revelation goes into its wilder end-times images, Jesus gives simple messages to seven churches through John.  For most of the messages Jesus gives both an affirmation and a warnign.  Here's a quick review of those meassages.  Then ask yourself honestly, were do You or your church stand.

The Church at Ephesus:
You do the right things, you hate evil, you work hard, you perservere.  But you've lost your first love.  Put some heart back into your obedience.  (Revelation 2:1-7)

The Church of Smyrna
  These are hard times for you and they are going to get harder.  Be faithful and remember that your suffering won't last forever.  (Rev 2: 8-11)

The Church at Pergamum  You've remained true to God in an evil place, but you have not rid yourself of your evil influences.  In this way you leave yourself at risk.  (Rev 2: 12-17)

The Church at Thyatira  You do many good things, but you let the people who teach lies continue to teach.  How can you stand by and do nothing?  (Rev 2; 8-19)

The Church of Sardis  Wake up!  You are so lifeless.  You have a few people who are ture to me, but you are a zombie as a church.  I need you to pay attention.  (Rev 3:1-6)

The Church at Philadelphia  You have been faithful.  Keep persevering and I will protect you.  (Rev 3: 7-13)

The Church of Laodicea You are complacent.  You are hanging there in the middle.  I'd rather you be hot or cold, than just lukewarm.  (Rev 3: 14-22)

Be Blessed.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KINGDOM

Offline P_music

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The just shall live/walk by Faith
    • Perry's Audio and Electronics Online Store

Re: The Seven Churches
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »
Wow.....I have to go back and read Revelations. Do you think that man of the American Christian denominaions fall into one of these 7 categories?

Offline jehovahpraize

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 04:55:20 PM »
Wow.....I have to go back and read Revelations. Do you think that man of the American Christian denominaions fall into one of these 7 categories?

YES and Yes
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KINGDOM

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »
Before John's revelation goes into its wilder end-times images, Jesus gives simple messages to seven churches through John.  For most of the messages Jesus gives both an affirmation and a warnign.  Here's a quick review of those meassages.  Then ask yourself honestly, were do You or your church stand.

The Church at Ephesus:
You do the right things, you hate evil, you work hard, you perservere.  But you've lost your first love.  Put some heart back into your obedience.  (Revelation 2:1-7)

The Church of Smyrna
  These are hard times for you and they are going to get harder.  Be faithful and remember that your suffering won't last forever.  (Rev 2: 8-11)

The Church at Pergamum  You've remained true to God in an evil place, but you have not rid yourself of your evil influences.  In this way you leave yourself at risk.  (Rev 2: 12-17)

The Church at Thyatira  You do many good things, but you let the people who teach lies continue to teach.  How can you stand by and do nothing?  (Rev 2; 8-19)

The Church of Sardis  Wake up!  You are so lifeless.  You have a few people who are ture to me, but you are a zombie as a church.  I need you to pay attention.  (Rev 3:1-6)

The Church at Philadelphia  You have been faithful.  Keep persevering and I will protect you.  (Rev 3: 7-13)

The Church of Laodicea You are complacent.  You are hanging there in the middle.  I'd rather you be hot or cold, than just lukewarm.  (Rev 3: 14-22)

Be Blessed.

These are great points that you have brought out! God bless you for a lifetime of wisdom!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 05:24:10 PM »
Scholars have said that those 7 Churches, represent a period in Church History, and the Laodicean. church represents the last day Church, which they say is the period we are now living in.

The scary part about it... he had atleast something positive to say about every other church except the one at Laodicea...
Pages: [1]   Go Up