LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: !!!!! MAN I CANT BELIEVE.....  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

!!!!! MAN I CANT BELIEVE.....
« on: March 20, 2006, 07:06:08 PM »
I was at the church shedding with some drummers in my area and i noticed that my cymbals were bein hit a little too hard. So we finished and I put my cymbals up and then I bring them out sunday and I see cracks on my 14 inch AAX studio crash. I was hot cuz that one was my favorite!! Should I ask this dude to replace my cymbal or what!?!?

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

Re: !!!!! MAN I CANT BELIEVE.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:30:01 PM »
well that you should bring to their attention.  cause i sure would be mad if another drummer came and cracked my cymbals...
um if anything, if they dont replace it, put the cracked one back up when you shed again.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »
Where's gospodruma with his zildjian superhero powers to rid the world of Sabian... and lilben with his sabian powers to protect Sabian? lol.

Sorry, just had to put that one in ;D

Anyway, I feel for you man. I'm not sure how your gonna decide to whether to get the dude or not. But I personally would not have taken my good cymbals...
I'd keep my first drumkit & associated cymbals (cause it's usually turned to crap) so I can pull it out for times like those!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »
I was at the church shedding with some drummers in my area and i noticed that my cymbals were bein hit a little too hard. So we finished and I put my cymbals up and then I bring them out sunday and I see cracks on my 14 inch AAX studio crash. I was hot cuz that one was my favorite!! Should I ask this dude to replace my cymbal or what!?!?

How loing have you had it for? If its a year or less and you have the bill, take it back and Sabian will replace it for free.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:52:45 AM »
How loing have you had it for? If its a year or less and you have the bill, take it back and Sabian will replace it for free.

That is good advise....

However, You need to tell you dudes that they break they buy. Personally, cats's need to bring their own plates to dinner!
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

ChannelOne

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 12:57:42 AM »
...or at least play with correct technique.

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:30 AM »
I don't know what it is with most people. They just seem to be careless when it comes to playing on things that are not their own. I've always been taught to do unto others as they would do unto you and believe me I won't go bashing around on a cymbal like it's a trash can lid. Especially if I've forked over $100 or more.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

kadman92

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:39 AM »
I was a spectator at a shed in B-more over a year ago.  This dude had a heavy foot and busted a hole in the bass head.  They switched the head with the front bass head and switched to a larger pedal mallet(I'm a keyboardist, not sure what it's called)  they guy didn't like the sound of it and took it upon his self to put the smaller pedlal mallet back on and thankfully he didn't pop that head too.  Not sure if he replaced the head for the owner.

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
I've had the cymbal for about 2 years so I can't go get another one. The cracks are near the center hole. They arent that big but, cracks on a cymbal never stay put, they only get worst. Im gonna tell him to bring his own cymbals next time if he wants to practice tho. I was brought up like sugarbear, treating other peoples things as is it were your own

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 03:44:21 PM »
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS @ SHEDS, IT CAN BE REPLACED NO BIGGIE

Offline music-samurai

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »
That is good advise....

However, You need to tell you dudes that they break they buy. Personally, cats's need to bring their own plates to dinner!

Amen SabianKnight!  Bring Your Own Gear!

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 04:51:54 PM »
Yeh bring your own S____......  Stop thinking the wrong thing.  The word was stuff...........hahahahahahahahahaha
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 05:21:54 PM »
I can play hard and heavy, and I have never cracked one. I just dont get guys doing that. I really think it boils down to real poor technique. I would definitely approach him about it. Cymbals are not cheap, and next time...as Sabe said, have everyone bring their own!

God Bless.

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:27 PM »
   WHEN I CRACKED MY FAVORITE CYMBOLS...I DONT THROW IT AWAY....I JUST USE IT AS A CHYNA CYMBOL!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D     
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

ChannelOne

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:21:52 PM »
  WHEN I CRACKED MY FAVORITE CYMBOLS...I DONT THROW IT AWAY....I JUST USE IT AS A CHYNA CYMBOL!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D     

That's right, doc!  Get your money's worth! ;D

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »
I mean come on...200 hundred dollar cymbols....that you paid for and you aint got no job...im keeping dat cymbol it the day god calls me home....I remember I was playing TD Jakes Featuring Beverly Crawford song...I was killin that song...and when i heard my favorate Zildjian Thin Crash didnt sound the same....IT WAS CRACK...so i told my daddy...and just put it on my right side...and started useing it for my chyna...but its cracked to pieces so i threw it away....It was older than me anyway...but i still kept cleaning lookin shining new....I MISS YOU THIN CRASH!!!!
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 09:13:13 PM »
man i dare someone come crack my cymbols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChannelOne

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »
man i dare someone come crack my cymbols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only imagine...

It's all love, doc. ;D

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 12:33:51 AM »
Channelone you are a madman!
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 05:00:15 AM »
HA ha ha ha : LoL
Repetition deepens Impression
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up