LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Deal on Cordless Microphones  (Read 1074 times)

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

Super Deal on Cordless Microphones
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »
I just bought two Nady 2-mic cordless sets at Guitar Center for $50 each!!!

Now I can replace four mics that have cords going all over the place.  I've been chastised a couple times by some of the older women in the congregation because they can't get too close to the alter without having to watch out for the cords.  (Of course in my mind I'm thinking "You shouldn't be coming up that close to the alter, now should ya" but I KNOW better than to let something like that "slip" out  ;))

I lead the music for the 8:30 service, so there are no issues there, but at the 11:00 service where I sing in the choir, the MOM often has weird ideas about where to place the mics.  She usually decides these things as we're on our way to line up for Processional, so it's always a rush job.  This OFTEN results in a birdsnest of cables.  Now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

If you have a Guitar Center near you, you should check it out.  If they say they're out, ask them to take your name and number and call you when they get some in.  That's what I had to do.  When I got there to pick mine up, they had about a dozen boxes of them behind the counter with HOLD FOR [insert name] slips on them.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline fctmat

• LGM Member

Re: Super Deal on Cordless Microphones
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »
 :o Thats a great deal James but does the 1 channel cause any sound interference, using both of them together, or does these mics have more than 1 channel

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

Re: Super Deal on Cordless Microphones
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:32:50 PM »
They each have two channels and can support two mics each.  I am having a problem where channel 1 on one of them picks up a local radio station.  For now we're using the 3 remaining cordless mics until I can figure out how to shield it.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH
Pages: [1]   Go Up