LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young One (kinda new to the keys)--but not really!  (Read 1575 times)

Offline me-me

• LGM Member
  • Be Blessed

Young One (kinda new to the keys)--but not really!
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »
i've been playin for like 8yrs now...but i kinda got "pushed out there" when i was around 12 so i'm trynna learn this music theory cause i think i'm behind and i should be playin a whole lot better than what i am..i want to learn. the problem, however, is that i don't really know where to start.  Yall mind helpin me? plz?
i'm on my way to heaven & i'm enjoying the trip!

Offline lewijame

• LGM Member

Re: Young One (kinda new to the keys)--but not really!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:20:15 AM »
Young One,  If you can read, there are many theory books available online and in stores. Also, if you can play by ear, I would try to buy prominent praise and worship and contemporary CD's and try to learn the songs. Prefferably the songs you know will be sung in church or by choirs and P&W teams.

James Lewis
www.jadestone.biz

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »
i've been playin for like 8yrs now...but i kinda got "pushed out there" when i was around 12 so i'm trynna learn this music theory cause i think i'm behind and i should be playin a whole lot better than what i am..i want to learn. the problem, however, is that i don't really know where to start.  Yall mind helpin me? plz?

Tell me how far along are you in your music and we can go from there,in other words I need to know what DO you know.  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline me-me

• LGM Member
  • Be Blessed

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
ok..um..i'ma see if i can post me playin on here..i don't really know how to do that on this particular site.  if you, or anybody do, feel free to help me out, or i can e-mail anyone who wants to help me, just gimme ya e-mail.  Thank you in advance.  Be blessed.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »
 Just pop on my name and email me from there, or hit up the MASTER MUSICIAN, T-BLOCK!!  God bless,  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline me-me

• LGM Member
  • Be Blessed

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 09:59:21 PM »
Thanks Much!

Offline Naz-Jaz

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »
me-me, my first question to you is how much do you practice? A lot of musicians fall into the trap of Sunday morning practice. Next I would encourage you to immitate the masters.  Buy cd's and play them exactly like the record. This not only helps you learn a song but develops your ear as well. Also, do what your doing know; associate yourself with people who are knowledgeable about the craft, discuss it, ask as many questions that come to your mind, and never stop striving - so many musicians and people in general are stagnant and complacent.

Offline me-me

• LGM Member
  • Be Blessed

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
Naz-Jaz,

well i plan on putting a clip on here so those who are willing to help me can know where i need help at.  but i practice everyday---ereday!...i even have a piano downstairs at my job.  i practice at church, at school, at home, on the road (keyboard)..lol.. i just wanna learn. Like i said, i can play OK, i suppose, but i wanna learn more.  i don't limit myself to "sunday morning practice" that's not enough for anyone.  again thank you for your interest.  be blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up