LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contracts  (Read 537 times)

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

Contracts
« on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:05 AM »
Could anyone give me any info on writing contracts for paying performances. Iwould like to trust every one but I have some friends who've been swindled out of mone that they've earned and I dont want to learn the hard way. God bless!!!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Contracts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 04:10:06 PM »
Could anyone give me any info on writing contracts for paying performances. Iwould like to trust every one but I have some friends who've been swindled out of mone that they've earned and I dont want to learn the hard way. God bless!!!!

Go to the bookstore and find a book on musician business etc. They will have sample contracts.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 07:03:34 PM »
yeah what sabe said, or jus do a rough draft of what you want.i made my own,but i did get my lawyer to look over it.

Offline cajonezzz

• LGM Member
  • "available for tracking during nap time"

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »
Can you be more specific with what need a contract to articulate?

There are a ton of templates out on the Web, from Artist agreements, Performance agreements, Production agreements, Publishing etc.   In my opinion, they can give you a good place to start from, but if you want your contracts to have "teeth" you really need to get a contract ( music specific ) lawyer to draft them up for you . They often start with a "boiler plate " contract as well- but tailor it to suit your needs.

My lawyer was cheap- she only does music contract law, and it cost me about 400 bucks to get 4 different production contracts together.
Check with the bar ( or get a refferral from a friend) for a lawyer in your area.

Craig Zarkos
z-orama
TourstopLIVE!
Calavera Proving Grounds (record & ride!)
----------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up