LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 bass players?  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

Re: 2 bass players?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:53 AM »
Sorry for getting of topic... ddwilkins.

Never have I seen it done, in person.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 11:56:02 AM »
Sorry for getting of topic... ddwilkins.

Never have I seen it done, in person.

You're cool.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline bigneil

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »
I actually just finished a live recording with another bass player. There were 10 songs and I was given 7 of them. There was a little tension at first but we left the door open, let God in, and a great concert was made. Now we're just waiting on the finished product.
I must fight with my praise.

Offline fatbaby78

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »
Not knocking 2 bassist by any means. But honestly yall. Is that something yall would want every service. I can even see for a particular song or two but every service. Might as well call it "SUNDAYS SHED". Thats my personal feelings.Not trying to step on anybody toes.If you like it I love it.And with Fred he usually dont play the whole song, its usually the intro or vamp.Too sum it up I know it can be done, Just dont agree with 2 bassist every service and/or gig
"Its in Your Praise"

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »
Not knocking 2 bassist by any means. But honestly yall. Is that something yall would want every service. I can even see for a particular song or two but every service. Might as well call it "SUNDAYS SHED". Thats my personal feelings.Not trying to step on anybody toes.If you like it I love it.And with Fred he usually dont play the whole song, its usually the intro or vamp.Too sum it up I know it can be done, Just dont agree with 2 bassist every service and/or gig

totally agree, wouldn't do it every sunday, but during a concert or something yeah.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »
I woulnd't mind if they weren't stepping on each others toes.  One on the lower register and one on the upper, or a tasteful blend of both on the same registar.  It really doesn't amtter.  To me that's like saying "who wants to hear 2 keyboards at one time".  Why would it matter if it's done well?  Now if it's not done well then i'd agree with you.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 07:18:40 PM »
I woulnd't mind if they weren't stepping on each others toes.  One on the lower register and one on the upper, or a tasteful blend of both on the same registar.  It really doesn't amtter.  To me that's like saying "who wants to hear 2 keyboards at one time".  Why would it matter if it's done well?  Now if it's not done well then i'd agree with you.

I've seen 2 keys, 1 organ and 3 guitars (all were electric) now thats a lot right there. a bass player and a drummer. Oh I almost forgot there was at least a 12 member horn section.

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2006, 07:29:44 AM »
I've seen 2 keys, 1 organ and 3 guitars (all were electric) now thats a lot right there. a bass player and a drummer. Oh I almost forgot there was at least a 12 member horn section.

isnt that Isreal's band???? (live from another level dvd)

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2006, 08:00:04 AM »
Check out the Tuneisha Crispell album. I think DW and the other cat on there were playing together on one ore two songs. I'll check to make sure, but I think they did and it was sick!!! Let me know if you don't have the album and I'll see what I can do for you dude. God Bless
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up