LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question????  (Read 571 times)

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

Question????
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
 I was just wondering is it safe to say that you don't like someones playing or...... you know what i mean! But on here I see alot of people giving people props and stuff, and sometimes It seems as if people are being phony!!! I mean can we only say we like others playing on LGM or what. I mean when I got on here critique wasn't as big as an issue, but soon as someone says anything besides praisng an individual its like fire >:( >:( >:(. I mean all day long we can talk about all the professionals we want , but as soon as it turns to someone on LGM :o :o :o :o trouble!!! I mean if Jesus came down here and he said he didn't like someones playing, (because what is not for you, is not for you) would we jump on him????  Anyways I was just wondering, I know there are plenty of drummers out there whos playing you don't like, but is it okay on LGM?????

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: Question????
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:17:41 PM »
I was just wondering is it safe to say that you don't like someones playing or...... you know what i mean! But on here I see alot of people giving people props and stuff, and sometimes It seems as if people are being phony!!! I mean can we only say we like others playing on LGM or what. I mean when I got on here critique wasn't as big as an issue, but soon as someone says anything besides praisng an individual its like fire >:( >:( >:(. I mean all day long we can talk about all the professionals we want , but as soon as it turns to someone on LGM :o :o :o :o trouble!!! I mean if Jesus came down here and he said he didn't like someones playing, (because what is not for you, is not for you) would we jump on him????  Anyways I was just wondering, I know there are plenty of drummers out there whos playing you don't like, but is it okay on LGM?????

I just dont care! I tell the truth and anyone who has a problem with it can have a coke and a smile!!! Your post is dead on!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

JFunky

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:21:44 PM »
...you're entitled to your opinion.  No one can take that away.  We just want to know why you don't like someone's playing and what you think they need to work on.  A lot of the times people just say they stink and leave it at that without truly letting the fam. know why they feel the way they do.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »
I got ya!!!!! But have you ever went to the store to buy something, and there pretty much wasn't anything wrong with it, but you just didn't buy it cause.......... You just didn't like it. Im not reffering this to anything or anyones opinion. Im just trying to get a better understanding of the site and the people on here thats all!!!!!

JFunky

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »
...no I understand your point.  What we've been trying to do is to find out why people say what they say, you know?  Too many cats state that they don't like X drummer but never say why or what they need to do to sound better.  That's where good critique comes in.  Not good as, "Yo I like this dude" but good as "Hey I don't like this dude because he's really sounding like Gerald or Calvin and he needs to work on developing his own voice."  Movie Critics don't get on T.V. and say that Chicken Little stunk and that's it; end of review. No, they state why they didn't like the movie.  We should do the same even if the critique is hard to swallow.  Listening to the bad critique is how we get better but listening to an informative, detailed critique let's us know what we need to work on.  You feel me?

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »
Yeah I feell you, but I still think some people take critque to personally though. Thanks for the support yo!!!!. I just want to make sure people dont get the wrong idea about me. I took a little break from here, because I felt I needed to. But i understand where you are coming from but it seems like even if someones does go ahead and explain the way they feel, there always are going to be people out there who thinks this guy is crazy!!!! (Ask Tonex') anyways just wondering!! So should we just hold back what we have to say???

Todaloo!!!!!!!!

JFunky

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 05:27:39 PM »
...don't hold back but do think and rethink what you are about to post and how you post it.(This is in General)  Remember, we are all learning on here and we learn from each other.  Even the Pro's learn on here.  How do we learn and get better?  By listening to our brothers and sisters and teachers.  We are all seeking knowledge because we are here on LGM. ;D  So, we can set an example on providing a good critique that will enable everyone to understand our point of view on a specific musician. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up