LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So what was your spiritual food (sermon) for Sunday?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

So what was your spiritual food (sermon) for Sunday?
« on: July 08, 2003, 02:36:48 PM »
My church service was great as always, we're still on "Fruits That Are Never Out Of Season" (the fruits of the Spirit...Galations 5:22).
Sunday's sermon focused on gentleness/meekness (Esther 4:11-15). The pastor said that having and being gentle and meek, means having power that's under God's control. Five elements that gentle people have are:

* Personality that's under God's control
* Outlook that's under God's control
* Words that's under God's control
* Expectations that's under God's control
* Response that's under God's control

(it's an acrostic for the word power, going back to the definition of gentleness/meekness = power under God's control).

The pastor then related gentleness to Esther, and how she approched her husband the king, after fasting and praying to recieve direction from God on how to approach her husband about changing the mess that Haman made (how he made the king make a decree for all Jews to be killed (not knowing Esther, herself was a Jew), just because Esther's uncle Mordecai, wouldn't bow down to him). And the pastor discussed how Haman was the total opposite of gentleness, because he was self-centered and full of self-pride.

The pastor then said that just because you recieve a promotion of any kind in your life, it isn't all about you, that God has a bigger plan for what you can do for others in whatever position and that He placed you there for a reason, like Mordecai told Esther, God placed her there so that she could help her people, the Jews, later.
She closed out by saying that no matter what you're going through, if you wait for God's response and are under God's control, things will always work out in His own time.

That message couldn't have been better timing for me, because I tend to respond back on a mean way when someone says or does something negative towards me, but anyway, the pastor (well His wife, who is an ordained pastor too), really preached and brought it down to a level where we all could understand. The way she went through the book of Ester and telling the story (how it's full of deciet, greed, love, ect), I had to go a read the book of Ester myself yesterday when I came home. So that's what our sermon was about. What was you all's?

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

You??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 10:08:23 PM »
Long Fingers, you respond in a mean way???  Noooooooo....not you!!!!  Sorry everyone I couldn't resist. :D  And for the recorded I was JOKING>.. :D  Thanks for the post Long Fingers.
:)

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

Re: You??
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 11:27:28 AM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
Long Fingers, you respond in a mean way???  Noooooooo....not you!!!!  Sorry everyone I couldn't resist. :D  And for the recorded I was JOKING>.. :D  Thanks for the post Long Fingers.

For sho' Daryl ...lol... I'm working on it though. Anyway's I'm very disappointed no else responded to this post. I would love to hear what others sermons were about.

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 07:39:29 AM »
I was taking a nap during that part of the service....lol... :D

I'm NOT serious:  I forgot what it was about though.  We're praying for pastor.

Be Blessed!
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 10:06:34 AM »
Quote from: thekeynote
I was taking a nap during that part of the service....lol... :D
Be Blessed!
Lisa

LOL!!!

I went to church last Sunday in New Orleans, and the preacher really preached "Where will you be"". HOWEVER, one of the associates in sitting in the pulpit was sleeping so hard that he bgin to fall forward and jerked himself back to prevent the fall. The guy should have whiplash after that. It was funny. :lol:

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »
So sorry to hear that Ms Lisa, I hope that things get better in your worship service soon.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 06:39:04 AM »
July 13, 2003 Sermon:

Pastor Nelson Williams

Subject: Reach Forward

Scriptures: Phillipians 3:13,14; Mark 16:6

I'll post an mp3 of the sermon on my site. I'm still working on the site for our service.

:|

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 01:12:58 PM »
Titus 2:11-12  Walking in Grace

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 10:44:58 PM »
Hebrews 11:1-6, 11 Hold on to your Faith

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 11:47:11 PM »
Quote from: Long Fingers
So sorry to hear that Ms Lisa, I hope that things get better in your worship service soon.

Thank you!   It's just 10 hours since this weeks service.  Acts 2: 42-47.  I still don't know what that was about.  

Watch and pray, watch and pray.  That's what I'm doing.

Be Blessed!
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

That sound like it was good....
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2003, 11:56:36 AM »
Quote from: B3Wannabe
July 13, 2003 Sermon:

Pastor Nelson Williams

Subject: Reach Forward

Scriptures: Phillipians 3:13,14; Mark 16:6

I'll post an mp3 of the sermon on my site. I'm still working on the site for our service.

:|

That sounds great, let me know when your site is up...you know what you got me thinking, I'll start another post so others can share what church they go to and it's website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up