LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im a new drummer  (Read 715 times)

hdmiami_04

Im a new drummer
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:51:04 AM »
hey wassup, im a new drummer and im trying to get better quick. I just heard of this site today and i registered as soon as i heard about it. If u guys have any advice on how to get better cause i really need it especially on my fills  just let me know. thanks

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Im a new drummer
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »
hey wassup, im a new drummer and im trying to get better quick. I just heard of this site today and i registered as soon as i heard about it. If u guys have any advice on how to get better cause i really need it especially on my fills  just let me know. thanks

First off welcome to LGM.

Secondly, There is no quick way of getting better. It takes time,, study and proper disciplined practice of proper techniques.

(if you are having problems with fills you are having problems with timing first and then fundimentals single strokes and other rudiments as well as understanding musical structure and placement. All that to say that their is no quick way and it is a lot more in depth than you think)

Thirdly... Search through previous posts by me. There is a ton of educational/instructional info. Also check out gospelchops.com specifically VIDEO LESSON - "Master Class" with Randy Gallerin. This guy really teaches. It is the best instructional clip on there and the first clip you should view. Then watch the Jeremy Haynes clip and Demiyon Hall clip then Spiders clip on shouts.

A lot of peeps on here can help and are willing to help but you have to do you part. investigate. Ask specific questions after explaining your issue.

Again good to have you here. I am sure that can/will learn a lot.   
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:36:13 PM »
Welcome to this humble abode.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline u_spikes

• LGM Member
    • Uriah's Page

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:40:10 PM »
Welcome to the LGM crew doc!!! lOl!!! ;D

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »
get your groove tight first....... cuz........................cuz with out your groove you have nothin to fill.......... thats why there could fills....... and if you learn your Rudiments,,,,,,,,,,,,,, youve got licks FOR DAYZ...... trust that!!!
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

JFunky

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:46:14 PM »
...welcome to LGM bro'.  You'll love it here. 

Jusplay, what in the world is going on with your Avatar.  Talk about Retro. lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »
...welcome to LGM bro'.  You'll love it here. 

Jusplay, what in the world is going on with your Avatar.  Talk about Retro. lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just like to let My soul Glo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :D :D :D ;D
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 03:13:06 PM »

If you want quick then quit now!!! If you want to learn then get a good teacher who can teach you right technique, groove, tempos, styles, reading, proper set up! Always practice to a metronome and listen to all kinds of music, NOT JUST GOSPEL! Get the basic 27 standard drum rudiments and work on them to a metronome and try go get faster at them, there is no fast way!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!
Pages: [1]   Go Up