LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LETS TAKE SHEDDING TO THE NEXT LEVEL SPEED CHOPS ARE GETTING BORING  (Read 1453 times)

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Re: LETS TAKE SHEDDING TO THE NEXT LEVEL SPEED CHOPS ARE GETTING BORING
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »
......and guys, if you don't know this - please remember that music is a language. To people that understand how to speak it - playing fills where they don't belong ... is like saying random things in a person to person conversation. People are going to think you're an idiot. It may be the right thing to say, but at the wrong time.

Example:

Guy 1: Hey man, what's up?!

Guy 2: What do you think of Newtonian Physics??

Guy 1: Huh?

Guy 2: All things are possible with God.

You can rest assured ... that convo won't last much longer. You may be intelligent( a great technical musician) ... but you converse well with others(play well within the members of your band/group - and connect with the audience members who are in the know). That's how some guys play drums/instruments! They're saying something, but it doesn't make much sense musically.

great analogy man
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

rjthakid

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »
Has someone FINALLY started a thread about Newtonian Physics?!?!?!

I KNEW this day would come!  Ok, I'm gonna go get my Workbooks, I'll be right back!   ;D   ;D   ;D

rjthakid

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 01:00:10 PM »
Ok, I'm back.

First, let me say that laws of physics probably don't change overnight, but how do we know that they don't change slowly over time--thereby causing calculations into the distant past to arrive at erroneous results?" For example, some have speculated that the age of the universe has been miscalculated due to a change in the velocity of light. And others have speculated that radiometric data may give flawed results due to decay rates of radioisotopes changing over time.  There are a number of reasons for rejecting these hypotheses. As far as the theory about the speed of light changing over time, even the YEC organization, Answers In Genesis agrees that a change in the speed of light is sufficiently huge to result in the universe appearing billions of years while only being thousands of years old is farfetched to say the least. Also, accurate speed of light measurements have been available for long enough to determine that if it were changing over time to any significant degree, it would have been detected. Likewise for radioactive decay--accurate measurements have been available for long enough to determine any significant changes.  What do you guys think?   :D  :D  :D

MaestroDivine

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »
Ok, I'm back.

First, let me say that laws of physics probably don't change overnight, but how do we know that they don't change slowly over time--thereby causing calculations into the distant past to arrive at erroneous results?" For example, some have speculated that the age of the universe has been miscalculated due to a change in the velocity of light. And others have speculated that radiometric data may give flawed results due to decay rates of radioisotopes changing over time.  There are a number of reasons for rejecting these hypotheses. As far as the theory about the speed of light changing over time, even the YEC organization, Answers In Genesis agrees that a change in the speed of light is sufficiently huge to result in the universe appearing billions of years while only being thousands of years old is farfetched to say the least. Also, accurate speed of light measurements have been available for long enough to determine that if it were changing over time to any significant degree, it would have been detected. Likewise for radioactive decay--accurate measurements have been available for long enough to determine any significant changes.  What do you guys think?   :D  :D  :D

I never liked the sciences.

rjthakid

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 01:01:58 PM »
Also, I should note that my single stroke chops have been clocked at nearly twice the speed of light........seriously  :-\

Offline funkyfingaz

• LGM Member
  • Jay-R of Kingdom Revolution
    • My Myspace page

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
lol RJthaKid...Guess all dat knowledge in college is finally paying off huh!
There's a Kingdom Revolution...Hear to Worship!

rjthakid

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »
lol RJthaKid...Guess all dat knowledge in college is finally paying off huh!

College?  Nah.  I'm the product of Brooklyns outstanding Public Education System........ :D  :D  ;D  ;D  :D

Sorry...Couldn't say that with a straight face.  :D  :D  :D

Offline babyboygraham

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 02:13:56 PM »
I was going thru the message board and someone asked where you can check out audio and video clips of drummers??? I didn't see this posted but check out www.drummerworld.com This website has everything you're lookin for! I haven't been there lately but they also have some really nice tutorials so go and check this site out!!!

MaestroDivine

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
I was going thru the message board and someone asked where you can check out audio and video clips of drummers??? I didn't see this posted but check out www.drummerworld.com This website has everything you're lookin for! I haven't been there lately but they also have some really nice tutorials so go and check this site out!!!

Hehe...

Thanks - but I think the dudes on this site, know that link as well as they know their own name.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up