LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christians are not happy!!!  (Read 2489 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Christians are not happy!!!
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:31:31 AM »
Christian people are not happy.  While they may get up every Sunday, shout, dance, praise the Lord, but truely aren't happy.

I was reading a book in which the christian author said this.  Would you agree with this??
:)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Re: Christians are not happy!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:14:54 AM »
I would defineitly agree that there are a large percentage of saints who aren't happy at all.

Nor do they know how to get there.

Some people think that if they are happy, they must be sinning. Because of wierd and off-base teaching, they think that living right is being poor, ugly, not enjoy any sports or clean entertainment, be in a marriage where the person is hitting you, have a bad realtionship with your children and allow other saints to walk all over you.

It's sad, but true.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

churchyreal

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »
Christian people are not happy. While they may get up every Sunday, shout, dance, praise the Lord, but truely aren't happy.

I was reading a book in which the christian author said this. Would you agree with this??

Yes I agree because the true purpose of the Christian is missing. I believe that a lot of folk who claim Christianity really don't understand what being a Christian is all about. First of all, the suffering factor is one. A lot of Christians believe that once they become saved, the troubles are over. But read carefully in the Bible, the suffering really begins. But the sufferings is part of being heirs with God and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus.

Another reason I believe that Christians are happy is because there is so much negativity around folk who call themselves Christians. Too much arrogancy in the church and too many "holier than thou" folk. If people understood that our purpose in being Christians is about representing Jesus Christ on the earth, people would be more happy. And if there was more encouragment, restoration, and healing among Christians, I believe Christians would be much happier.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:43:28 AM »
I think that sometimes, we as Christians get into a "false reality".  Basically just going through the motions, pretending and living in a dream world, but at the core of things, really aren't happy.  Something is being lost in the translation.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:49:34 PM »
I can only answer for myself, and I think I'm pretty happy.  I'm happiest when I'm making progress in the call that God has placed on my life.  I'm least happy when I feel that progress is slow, or I am not being effective.

But overall, I'm pretty happy ;D

Offline PapaRooskie

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 04:38:56 PM »
I agree 100%.  Christians have been focusing on other peoples problems and refuse to deal with their own.  We need to be individual christians  first, and then be a part of the church family.  We have so many "idols of the mind" that distract us from seeing the obvious things infront of us.

JoyCH1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »
I agree. Most of the people there are not happy. It shows on the face, in their actions and in their responses. They dress up to cover up what is really wrong in their life.

God gave us the plan to happiness - its in Christ Jesus.

Offline theunit

• LGM Member
  • morning glory

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »
well let take a look at the word "happy" is really comes from  latin work happenstance.....which mean as long as your situation is happy than you will be happy....nah! God dont want christian to totally rely on this "happy thing " as a sence of well being. besides are feeling in of themselfs dont have the power to tell us the truth....if thats the case im doomed from the very start.Why becasue feeling lie to us! all the time.....joyfull is more like it....no matter what you feel the" joy" of the Lord is my strength even in bad times when i dont feel happy.
THE UNIT

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »
I think that sometimes, we as Christians get into a "false reality".  Basically just going through the motions, pretending and living in a dream world, but at the core of things, really aren't happy.  Something is being lost in the translation.

You can say that again!
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Christian people are not happy.  While they may get up every Sunday, shout, dance, praise the Lord, but truely aren't happy.

I was reading a book in which the christian author said this.  Would you agree with this??

That may be true of some christians, happiness is temporary. We seek to find "happiness" in other people, places, and things. However, on the other hand.................I believe we have times when we are not happy for whatever reason, I also believe that deep down there's joy in our spirit, if not, we wouldn't bother going through the motions.

When we attempt to find fulfillment in any person, place, or thing outside of Jesus, we will never experience True joy, but we will experience temporary happiness.

Bro_JT

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »

this is tru but not for all christians all of the time.

Offline blessedhammond

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 09:36:30 AM »
I agree Christians are generally not happy, this I feel is because they to understand for what their happiness is from. Happiness is from:

1.God's love for you
2.The fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross and died for your sins so that you would have the chance to go to heaven
3.God will supply all your needs
4.God will not put more on you than you can bear
5. If you live holy, sanctified, believe in God(the trinity), and abide by God's teachings in the bible   you will make it to heaven

With these few thing this should be enough to know that you have every reason to be happy. Here's another great thing the bible tells about every thing that is going to happen and what to do when it happens all we have to do is trust God. That is the greatest thing to be happy about, by being christians and believer and having a personal relationship with God he will tell you what to do, how to do it and when to do it. We as christians have nothing to worry about for we have someone to care of everything for us and we is going to happen in the end.

Offline SingerfromRome

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »
Hi Brothers and sisters,
I think that the unhappiness come from having all! I can talk about what I see everyday... people get richer day by day and they can buy all... an example? Whitney Huston & George Michael are tossic addict. Every morning I get on metropolitan train to go at work, and underground there are 2 musicians who haven't a place to stay, a home, a work, but they sing together jamaican songs and they are very happy to have that kind of life. they seem the picture of gladness.

Anyway I would advice you to read Donnie McClurkin's book "ETERNAL VICTIM, ETERNAL VICTOR", it's been a great halp for me...

God bless U all
NiCko

Offline legho

• LGM Member
  • my model...she rocks!

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
 ;) christians should be happy! bcos CHRIST dwells in us.
hey!et me be serious. yeah. some are not, at times, i feel like why i'm a p.k's child or even a christian! why? because i'm not allowed to do certain things. imagine i dont wear trousers!  ::)
my dad doesnt think it is bad, but he has a magazine which he gives out freely to all types of churches but the very holy ones (deeper life), the yuppy christians, e.t.c and he feels some dont agree with girls wearing trousers and he wants us to be accepted any where we go. but u should really see us in skirts u'll scream! but i love trousers.dats just one of my reason's why i dont envy beign a p.k's kid. ;D
GOD RULES

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »
I agree Christians are generally not happy, this I feel is because they to understand for what their happiness is from. Happiness is from:

1.God's love for you
2.The fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross and died for your sins so that you would have the chance to go to heaven
3.God will supply all your needs
4.God will not put more on you than you can bear
5. If you live holy, sanctified, believe in God(the trinity), and abide by God's teachings in the bible   you will make it to heaven

With these few thing this should be enough to know that you have every reason to be happy. Here's another great thing the bible tells about every thing that is going to happen and what to do when it happens all we have to do is trust God. That is the greatest thing to be happy about, by being christians and believer and having a personal relationship with God he will tell you what to do, how to do it and when to do it. We as christians have nothing to worry about for we have someone to care of everything for us and we is going to happen in the end.

Nice points.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »
;) christians should be happy! bcos CHRIST dwells in us.
hey!et me be serious. yeah. some are not, at times, i feel like why i'm a p.k's child or even a christian! why? because i'm not allowed to do certain things. imagine i dont wear trousers!  ::)
my dad doesnt think it is bad, but he has a magazine which he gives out freely to all types of churches but the very holy ones (deeper life), the yuppy christians, e.t.c and he feels some dont agree with girls wearing trousers and he wants us to be accepted any where we go. but u should really see us in skirts u'll scream! but i love trousers.dats just one of my reason's why i dont envy beign a p.k's kid. ;D

Can somebody translate this to English for me.  I don't know run-on....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline Jniles_NCF

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 10:30:41 AM »
Hey i have fun every time i'm in church... and i agree with BBoy...some bad teaching has said that you can't have fun in church and that living holy is boring ..but the truth is that living holy is true freedom..i think it's becaue the church has given up the life changing word of God for happy sermons and that don't even keep us happy...where is the life changing word..where is the pwer to break yokes and set the captives free. after a genuine encounter in the presence of God what more can you really ask for? i know every sunday after i leave church that i spent time with God.....
God doesn't want your gifts. He wants your life...

B_XALTED

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 07:14:34 PM »
Yes I agree because the true purpose of the Christian is missing. I believe that a lot of folk who claim Christianity really don't understand what being a Christian is all about. First of all, the suffering factor is one. A lot of Christians believe that once they become saved, the troubles are over. But read carefully in the Bible, the suffering really begins. But the sufferings is part of being heirs with God and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus.

Another reason I believe that Christians are happy is because there is so much negativity around folk who call themselves Christians. Too much arrogancy in the church and too many "holier than thou" folk. If people understood that our purpose in being Christians is about representing Jesus Christ on the earth, people would be more happy. And if there was more encouragment, restoration, and healing among Christians, I believe Christians would be much happier.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

You hit the nail right on the head... My church deals with the issue of bondage... not that we are all chained up, but they don't feel free to praise. No one can come to my church and say that they didn't a slight reservation from some of the saints... because they are weary souls, troubled and tired... Some of them felt that this journey was a bed of roses, and some may feel slighted that once they were converted, things seem worse... the true sight of Christianity is lost... Much prayer is needed... much prayer
Pages: [1]   Go Up