LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass Boot Camp  (Read 750 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Bass Boot Camp
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:30:43 AM »
I know some people went to a bass boot camp a few weeks ago.  How did it go???  O r didi I miss the update??
:)

Offline ladybass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My Bass Grooves

Re: Bass Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline djgroovin

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
It was a great experience.  I'm still digesting that stuff and working to improve everyday.

Is anyone going to Berklee's Bass Lines, Bass at the beach or any of the Guitar Workshops this summer?

I plan to be at the Bass Lines.

Offline Willie L. Terry Jr

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:28:08 PM »
DJ,

Man I wish I could come back for the basslines course but I still believe God will honor my faith and get us station there so I can go full time.

4HG,

You should be proud man, LGM was well represented at bass boot camp.  DJ and I were there and we were roomies.  Cool Guy! 

The camp itself was wonderful in so many ways.  To our surprise it was spiritually enlightening.  As a matter of fact I've been ask to lead our bible study at next year's camp.  DJ I think me and Gerald had this discussion after you had left after the final jam.  Either way, no matter what level you are at, there is something for you.  Like DJ said I'm still digesting all the stuff I go.  Realistically, I don't need to go to another camp because just what I learned from Adam Nitti, Bakita Kamalu and Gary Willis was enough to carry me through next year.  I've adopted a ditty...

Cleaner
Faster
Inverted

Everything thing we do we can do it cleaner, faster (or slower) or inverted.  Cleaner and faster are pretty much self explanatory but inverted is where I'm challenged now.  Sometimes slower is a challenge.  Sometimes we get so used to trying to do things faster, we can't handle slow grooves.  Inverting you scales/modes and arpeggios pose a unique challenge in itself.  I tried to just sit down and down it but I realize that I probably need to write it out before because if you're used to playing a major pentatonic the traditional way or in it's natural order then it's hard to play it 132,243,354,465 or how about starting with the 2 or the 3 or the 4 or the 5 or the 6.  See this is how they think up there.  Most of use would never think of starting a solo on anything other than the root.  Well worth my money and the relationship built are good as gold.

I'll be there next March!

T.J.
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the Lord my rock who teaches my hands to war and my FINGAZ to fight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up