LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should tone deaf people be allowed to sing in the choir?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline pumpitump

• LGM Member
  • hi!

Should tone deaf people be allowed to sing in the choir?
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »
i have been attending this church where i joined under watch care and now i am a member of the choir. There are people that are tone deaf and the director is aware of it but doesn't really want to affend them. what do you think should be done.
im blessed

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Should tone deaf people be allowed to sing in the choir?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:04:41 PM »
i have been attending this church where i joined under watch care and now i am a member of the choir. There are people that are tone deaf and the director is aware of it but doesn't really want to affend them. what do you think should be done.

Without helping folks fing their "true" ministry, one was to alleviate this situation would be to put these "weak" singers between strong singers to help them hear their part. I have a friend who isn't a very good singer (praise God that he recognizes this fact), however when he and I are singing in the congregation together, he can hold his pitch by listening to me.

So, to me that's the best way. Other than that, your director might want to suggest another fine arts ministry. Are they good at poetry or dancing, etc? I believe some people join the chior "just cause" and it's up to those in leadership to direct God's people to their true calling.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »
HHmmmmm....this is a tuff one.  I am tone death and use to (try) to sing in the chior. :)
:)

Offline pumpitump

• LGM Member
  • hi!

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:56:21 AM »
thanks!  :o
im blessed

Offline Natasha-praze

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:43:47 AM »
To be real with you. You can train some tone death people to sing. I must warn you it is a challenge. However it is doable. I don't think they should be band. That should be told if they are off key. How else will they develope. I direct my choir and have been directing the adults choir since I was 12 years old and their has been so many times when I want to band a tone death person but come to realize that they should be able to praise God just like everyone else through song. Be blessed and Be encourage

Natasha
Pages: [1]   Go Up