LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musical groups  (Read 944 times)

Offline MartyPar01

• LGM Member
  • The joy of the lord is my strength!
    • MartyPar01's Site

Musical groups
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:53:37 PM »
What is your favorite group? What do you like about them? What do you dislike about them? Do males or females tend to be the more dominant soloist in the group?
May you stay strong in the lord, may he keep you rooted in him! God Bless!

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Musical groups
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 05:30:33 PM »
That’s a great question 'MartyPar01', I'll have to think about that as there are so many groups out there that I really like, I guess I'll have to decide on my absolute favorite.

I guess I'll post back when I've made my decision.

PianoWiz... 

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:24:19 PM »
I guess for me it would depend on what type of "group" you were talking about.

For choirs, hands down my favorite is James Hall & Worship and Praise. Females tend to be the dominant soloists in that group.

My favorite guy group of all time is Commissioned. They were showcasing awesome, tight vocal harmonies before they became commonplace. They also provided inspiration for male groups such as Boys 2 Men and N Sync.

My favorite female group is Witness. They started out as the female version of Commissioned but developed their own style. Like Commissioned, their style was very unique and their lyrics were entirely scriptural, which made their songs all the more beautiful.

As for ensembles one of my favorite is Jonathan Nelson & Purpose. They have an awesome sound and Jonathan Nelson is definitely an up and coming super songwriter.
Romans 1:16

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:08:56 AM »
Honestly, I do not have a favorite group, I just like any song that I can understand the words too.
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up