LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I guess I was born with it!  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

I guess I was born with it!
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:11:19 PM »
Hey, when it comes to riffs and runs, do you think that some people are just born with it?

Ex. I sing in my college choir and I am the best riffer and runner in the choir. There are alot of people, however, who have really beautiful voices, but they aren't as good as I am. One girl has a really nice voice, but she can't run or riff for nothing. She thinks that it is because she is from a Catholic church and so she is not used to hear gospel like Clark Sisters and so on. But, i have'nt been listening to the Clark Sisters all of my life, just recently as 3 or 4 years ago and I've been able to sing like this since I was a little girl. And also there are some who are used to that type of gospel singing and who might know more about it than me, but still can't hold a candle to me in the riff and run department.

So, what do you think?
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: I guess I was born with it!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
Hey, when it comes to riffs and runs, do you think that some people are just born with it?

Ex. I sing in my college choir and I am the best riffer and runner in the choir. There are alot of people, however, who have really beautiful voices, but they aren't as good as I am. One girl has a really nice voice, but she can't run or riff for nothing. She thinks that it is because she is from a Catholic church and so she is not used to hear gospel like Clark Sisters and so on. But, i have'nt been listening to the Clark Sisters all of my life, just recently as 3 or 4 years ago and I've been able to sing like this since I was a little girl. And also there are some who are used to that type of gospel singing and who might know more about it than me, but still can't hold a candle to me in the riff and run department.

So, what do you think?

I think you do not lack confidence...and I ain't mad at ya...you go girl!!!

Offline Vangelist

• LGM Member
  • No Joy, No Strength *II Timothy 4*

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »
Not anymore (most of the time), but it came after years of being shy to the point that I didn't even talk to people. It took my P&W leader blindsiding me and just calling me up in front of the whole church to do a solo. I just took it from there. Thank You Jesus.
I won't take nothing for my journey now. No turnin' back, no turnin' back.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:22:54 PM »
Not anymore (most of the time), but it came after years of being shy to the point that I didn't even talk to people. It took my P&W leader blindsiding me and just calling me up in front of the whole church to do a solo. I just took it from there. Thank You Jesus.

Just keep using your God-Given gift for the Master and allow God to Minister through you with your gift! I am proud of you.  Go, go, go  in Jesus name!!!!   Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"
Pages: [1]   Go Up