LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: THOMAS KILLING IN 7/8 0N THE NEW SCOTT CD  (Read 2228 times)

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

Re: THOMAS KILLING IN 7/8 0N THE NEW SCOTT CD
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »
its not just the time sig , its the arrangment and hits around it    and yes i still play out all the time  i know all the youg guys personally   the've been to lots of my shows

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 10:21:03 PM »
its not just the time sig , its the arrangment and hits around it    and yes i still play out all the time  i know all the youg guys personally   the've been to lots of my shows

you do know that all those hits can fit into 4/4 time through the power of metric modulation therfore making it even crazier especially when you metric modulate within the 7/8 over the 4/4

crazy stuff in the world of music.

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 04:24:24 PM »
see   its even more complex to explain    i play in odd time     it not as easy as 4/4 in a complex tune  but maybe you mastered drumming   hit me with some cds your on

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
Hey TNTNT, what kind of stuff do you play?
Love God. Live Long.

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »
Yall speakin a differnt language. I play in off time stuff but i dont know what it is....Thats frustrating!! Where can I read up on and see some clips of how to correctly identify an odd time measure? If I heard off time stuff I wouldnt be able to tell you tha sig, so basically where can I learn that!!!???

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 05:29:11 PM »
 i travel with lots of different style band  and the kid on the gc dvd is my son  we split the service at my dads church       even and odd time is determined by how many beats in a bar of music and how its being played  odd would be 7    1/8 notes  and starting over would put you in 7/8 time 7 is an odd number therefore you are in odd time.   4  1/4 notes and start over puts you in4/4 time  4 is a even number so your in even time.

Offline TNTNT

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »
i play most styles  i travel with lots of bands   odd time just means its a odd number of beats in a bar of music 1234567 1234567   even time means even number of beats in a bar  1234    1234   my son is the kid on the gc dvd   most of his approach is like younger version of my approach  a guy wants to hear cds i  have played on  but most records i play on are groove oriented  no room for big chops   more soul  and smooth jazz and pocket Rand B   but i shed chops all the time but the only band i play with that has room for big chops (fusion) they havent recorded yet   judging on what kids like to hear on this site it wouldnt be enough...... money music

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
Yall speakin a differnt language. I play in off time stuff but i dont know what it is....Thats frustrating!! Where can I read up on and see some clips of how to correctly identify an odd time measure? If I heard off time stuff I wouldnt be able to tell you tha sig, so basically where can I learn that!!!???

this book right here.

http://www.melbay.com/product.asp?ProductID=95366DP&Heading=Percussion%3A+Drum+Set&category=D05&catID=120&head1=&head2=Percussion&sub=1&sub1=&mode=browse

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »

Chris Coleman's DVD ... He teaches how to count 5/4, 5/8,  7/4, 7/8 ....

And on this site - Web Thumper - http://216.103.111.115/perl/drums/index.cgi?WebPage=practice_timesig  (view in Internet Explorer to hear the sound)
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 11:51:14 PM »
this book right here.

http://www.melbay.com/product.asp?ProductID=95366DP&Heading=Percussion%3A+Drum+Set&category=D05&catID=120&head1=&head2=Percussion&sub=1&sub1=&mode=browse

So drumz is this really a hot educational package? I am alway s looking to get a better explanation or more in depth info of this.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »
I have this instructional Book/DVD. Have had it over a year. This year I am changed my game and utilizing all materials to the fullest potential. Thanks for the slap in the face Drumz.
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline Krazy_afro_man

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 03:13:58 PM »
Chris Coleman's DVD ... He teaches how to count 5/4, 5/8,  7/4, 7/8 ....

And on this site - Web Thumper - http://216.103.111.115/perl/drums/index.cgi?WebPage=practice_timesig  (view in Internet Explorer to hear the sound)

NIICCCEEE LINK!!! THANKS ALOT!!!  It all makes a lot more sense now....That is really interesting!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up