LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Professional Background Singing  (Read 1055 times)

Offline jpeevy

• LGM Member

Professional Background Singing
« on: March 30, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »
What's up everybody?  I've been singing all my life, and I've always sang with choirs and groups.  I have a 9-5 with great pay, and I work in the field that I got my degree in, but it's not my passion by a long shot.  Music is my passion and I've just decided to pursue professional background singing.  I've put together a demo and got business cards made to shop around.  But I know that even if I give out every single CD and card I have, if I'm not giving it to the right people, I'd be doing it for nothing.

So, with that being said, is there anybody that knows how things work when it comes to that?  And when I say I want to be a professional background singer, I mean either live performance or session work in a studio for an artist that needs background vocals for his/her album.  How do you go about getting your voice "out there" so-to-speak?  Cause I'm not trying to be an artist, just aspiring to accompany one in the background.  Thanks for any and all positive advice.  :)

Offline timroy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Jesus is love...

Re: Professional Background Singing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:44:15 AM »
Send your demo to:

Tim Roy
2707 Devereux Drive
Augusta, GA 30909

Phone: (256)648-9447

God bless!
Just believe...

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »
What's up everybody?  I've been singing all my life, and I've always sang with choirs and groups.  I have a 9-5 with great pay, and I work in the field that I got my degree in, but it's not my passion by a long shot.  Music is my passion and I've just decided to pursue professional background singing.  I've put together a demo and got business cards made to shop around.  But I know that even if I give out every single CD and card I have, if I'm not giving it to the right people, I'd be doing it for nothing.

So, with that being said, is there anybody that knows how things work when it comes to that?  And when I say I want to be a professional background singer, I mean either live performance or session work in a studio for an artist that needs background vocals for his/her album.  How do you go about getting your voice "out there" so-to-speak?  Cause I'm not trying to be an artist, just aspiring to accompany one in the background.  Thanks for any and all positive advice.  :)

Hello Saint, as was stated below, just send your demo to Timroy and we will go from there. I am working with him in the studio to put together a live professional touring group and we are auditioning Men and Women of God for this group. God bless,  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline timroy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Jesus is love...

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 03:38:04 PM »
Bishop, Hey what's up man? It's Friday. I'm about to call you and get directions to the church you're preaching at tonite. God bless you man! Continue to be lifted up. A brother and friend, Tim
Just believe...
Pages: [1]   Go Up