LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Not Worry About Popularity; Tell the Truth Anyway (Ouch!!!)  (Read 552 times)

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

Monday, April 10
Do Not Worry About Popularity; Tell the Truth Anyway
Today’s Scripture Reading: Matthew 10:7–42
Key Verse: Matthew 10:32–33

Whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

We know that God called us to be like John the Baptist and to set the kingdom in order. We understand that He has anointed us to become voices crying in the wilderness. We know and we understand, but why are not more of us doing it?

Sad to say, the church seems to be too busy trying to please its members so they will be sure to come in on Sunday and pay their tithes. We find very few preachers telling us to go out and “make a way in the wilderness.”

Regardless of what others are doing, you know the truth. That means you must make a decision. Will you obey? If the spirit of John the Baptist is resting on you, then know that some people will not want to hear what you have to say.

Some of your friends, work associates, and family members will not treat you the way they used to if you dare to tell them the truth in love. If you cannot handle that rejection, then go on to hell along with them so you will be accepted. (I have to be blunt and to the point because this is an important point. I am merely echoing Jesus, who said in Matthew 10:33 that if you deny Him before men, then He will deny you before the Father in heaven. Now that is blunt.)

God is looking for people who have holy words in their mouths and the authority to speak them. In other words, He is looking for kingdom people. Are you ready to deliver the message of heaven?

Today's Prayer:

Lord Jesus, I am beginning to understand what it means to follow You. It also means leaving other things behind—things that resist You and Your kingdom. It means leaving certain relationships, comfort zones, and preconceived ideas so I can follow You without hindrance or hesitation. Grant me the grace to pick up the cross of a messenger and follow You faithfully without looking back.

Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

churchyreal

Re: Do Not Worry About Popularity; Tell the Truth Anyway (Ouch!!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
Let the church say, "Amen."

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »
A-men. :)
:)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 12:28:29 PM »
OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!
I think you gonna step on some toes with this one.  It's tight, but it's right.  Go ahead and preach Val!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:56:04 PM »
Amen

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 01:49:05 PM »
i agree. to many people are saying all the "right" stuff to keep up membership, or to keep friends ect. but if im doing something wrong and you know it i would rather you tell me and let me get it right or be mad or embarassed than for me to get to heaven and be embarassed in frount of God. i think you need to step on peoples toes and tell them they are going to hell if they dont stop doing what they are doing. and if they dont repent and turn from their ways they wont see God's face in peace.

2 Chronicles, chapter 7
"14": If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

i think its time for us as a church as a whole to come up to another level. we have to grow somethimes you can not become satisfied where you are you have to want more Jesus. you have to have a zeal for it.
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »
this is a good parable of Jesus, you should read the whole this is just a piece

"Luke 12: 16-21

16": And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

"17": And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

"18": And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

"19": And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

"20": But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

"21": So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

This goes along with my last post we have to go higher in God dont just get to one place in him and say thats all there is or say it dont take all that for me to get to heaven. because it takes what your doing plus so much more. if you do not have the holy ghost seek for it seek for more wisdom and understanding in your life. you have to hide yourself in God. Have stregnth and power to be able to help someone else. We have to be the light in darkness and im going up in God will you join me!
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline certify

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »
May God ever bless you.
We all sin, we falter, but God forgives.

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 02:02:06 PM »
And another "AMEN" rings out in the church!!
Romans 1:16

cj_keyboard_playa

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:09:43 PM »
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Doubles22

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Doubles...in the key of B#. BEAT ARMY!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 02:51:35 PM »
There it is!  Tell it like it T-I-is!
Pages: [1]   Go Up