LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 YR OLD DAUGHTER LOVES TRUMPET...LOOKING FOR BEGINNER HELP?  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Willie L. Terry Jr

• LGM Member

6 YR OLD DAUGHTER LOVES TRUMPET...LOOKING FOR BEGINNER HELP?
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:29:35 PM »
Hey everybody, so I've been holding on to a friend of mines trumpet to take it to the music store to get the mouth piece pulled out.  My six year old daughter had a plastic trumpet before but broke it and now that this new one is laying around she's manage to claim it as her own.  Last night she comes in my studio where I'm practicing bass and says "Daddy, mommy said that we need to keep this trumpet in your studio so it doesn't get broken."  Yeah right I'm thinking...So I put a beat on my beat machine and start groovin.  Next thing I know she's sucking up all the air in the room to try to blow horn riffs.  Funny thing was, she started out putting good sour notes in between the groove.  I was thinking, "The notes are sour but at least she knows the purpose of the instrument."  The she goes into blowing her own version of solos by playing whole notes over my groove.  Again I'm thinking, "Sour notes but look at how intense she is."  Needless to say I was proud of my baby.  She closed her eyes and let it ripp.  As innocent as they come...

I said all that to say this...can someone work with me in getting the fingering for the major scales starting with C.  I can work with her on my Triton to let her hear the correct sound but I want her to learn the correct fingering.

Thanks in advance,
T.J.
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the Lord my rock who teaches my hands to war and my FINGAZ to fight!

Offline bigtexas210

• LGM Member
  • if u pay your musicans they will b on time

Re: 6 YR OLD DAUGHTER LOVES TRUMPET...LOOKING FOR BEGINNER HELP?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:55:51 AM »
i play trumpet first off thats great to hear the kids i teach they momma b maken the go glad she want to b play for her selfif she start off now she gonna b killer a chair snatcher when she get to high school first off get her a beginner book for bflate trumpet but till thin u can start her off with mary had a little lame here is the fingering

1/fisrt finger 2/middel finger 3/ring finger  open/play but dont push any thing down

1 2          a
open       g
1            f
open       g
12          a a a
open      g g g
12          a a a
1 2         a
open      g
1           f
open      g
12          a a a
open       g g
12          a
open       g
1            f

she can also learn the bflat scale
c         d   e   f     g      a   b#   c
open  13  12  1  open  12   2  open
i make it do what it do

Offline Razzman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • God is good.........All The time

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:26:16 AM »

she can also learn the bflat scale
c         d   e   f     g      a   b#   c
open  13  12  1  open  12   2  open

I have a trumpet my dad gave me I'm thinkin about picking it up, but my question is, in the above scale you say its b flat, but no bflats are noted, just woundering if you could help me understand, Thanks

Offline Born4Greatness

• LGM Member
  • God Is Doing It!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Are you still looking for help for your daughter?
GOD Blesses......

Offline Born4Greatness

• LGM Member
  • God Is Doing It!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »
Should be (B) not B#.  B# indicates that the B is sharp.  If you go to your triton you will notice that the next note up from (B) is (C), hence B# would be C and you would be playing to C's at the top of this scale!  I am sure it was just an oversite on the young man's part.  He was probably trying to say that the B in the Bb is a B natural but there is not a symbol on the computer keyboard that symbolizes natural in music.

Ed
GOD Blesses......

Offline mickey dee

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »
 I think you would have to wait until her permanent teeth comes in I was taught that would around 11 or 12 yrs. old

Offline trumpetmaster050994

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
 hey imnotShirley to answer your question he was talking about concert key so that when you play with a band and you say b flat every body can transpose it into their own key instead of telling every body wich notes to play. and the trumpet is a b flat instrument so when you say b flat concert your really  playing in c ( move up 1 1/2 steps)
Pages: [1]   Go Up