LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tobias Toby Pro Basses....  (Read 2157 times)

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

Tobias Toby Pro Basses....
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:19:51 AM »
Has Anyone here played on one of the Tobias Toby Pro basses? I've been wanting to get the 5 0r 6 string but I just havn't done it yet because for one thing, the only place to get it is at musicyo.com and they don't have any phone interaction whatsoever, and when I order something on the internet I at least like to have a way to contact someone by voice for customer service. The second reason I havn't orderd one yet is I really don't know many people who have one or played on one. I've heard from about 2 people who say they like it but I'd just like to know a little more about the way it sounds and plays.... Here is the link with the info, the bass looks good but I'm just wondering if it sounds and plays as good as it looks. If any of you had experience with one let me know what you think of it. Here is the link
http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=534

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

Re: Tobias Toby Pro Basses....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:39:33 AM »
i bought one of those a while back and was not satisfied with the feel of it. not very well made. i put bartolinis in it and it still did not impress me. it may have been just me or only the one i had but i will not purchase another.

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sixtringpoet... What exactly about the feel of it didn't you like? And I take it that the pickups arn't that great if you had to change them. I'm decicing between the Toby Pro 6 and the Ibanez BTB 556MP.

Offline Dtuned

• LGM Member
  • sr3500custom

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »
ibanez, why not?? works for me
spirit check, testing 1,2,3...testing, testing. a scripture a day will keep the enemy at bay. :0)

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »
well to me it felt like a toy, the quality was subpar. the toby pro 6 was the one i purchased the string spacing is way too tight. i personally would go for the ibanez. you can test those out at the music store but you have to wait until musicyo sends you a toby pro. again this is just my opinion and observation. you may be able to make a toby pro sing :)

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 06:35:41 PM »
Well Sixstringpoet, String spacing is one of my main concerns, I have an Ibanez 506 and it's a pretty good bass but the string spacing is a bit tight for slap playing. I do slap with it and it works out ok but I don't want to make the mistake of getting another bass where I don't like the string spacing. I'm leaning toward the Ibanez BTB 556, I havn't played on one because none of the music stores I've checked have it in stock and would have to order it in for me but it seems like a beter quality bass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up