LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: On a Date.....Who should pay??  (Read 3272 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

On a Date.....Who should pay??
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:57:14 AM »
Has times changed??  Should the man still pay when you take a female out to eat??

I'm a little old school, so I still think they guy should pay.  What do you think.
:)

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: On a Date.....Who should pay??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:30 PM »
I don't know, but nowadays I always come prepared to cover myself just in case.  I don't want to be embarrassed.  I think in most cases the person who asks pays.  In my case that would be the guy, because I don't believe in being the "asker".

Offline 2KlubKlarity

• LGM Member
  • Green Eyed Divinity
    • Let me know who you are & where you are from (lgm)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
The first date I went on with my boyfriend, we both paid and then after making it official, he just took over paying for everything. Sometimes, I would pay for dessert when we'd go get ice cream or i'll pay for drinks, just because I'm used to paying for something. Other than that, a guy who buys a girl a meal...I just think that is classy, romantic, and he is making an effort to impress in order to succeed.
"Prayer is the key. Faith unlocks the door."

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »
Depends on who ask. The Man? or the Woman?

Man ask............Man pays
Woman ask.......Woman pays

Offline gtsjames

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • racing to who knows where.....

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »
Has times changed??  Should the man still pay when you take a female out to eat??

I'm a little old school, so I still think they guy should pay.  What do you think.
I'm with 4hisglory on this one, regardless of who asks, they guy should man up and pay, but thats just me.... 8)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 12:33:03 PM »
I think the man should pay.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »
saying that "the man should always pay" sounds good,  i personally have no problem with that.  i just want to know where that doctrine came from.  if you both are interested in each other and you are supposedly both equal, it seems to me that you would be setting precedent in the relationship as to who is in charge ie "money talks"

i personally would not want a broke woman or a stingy woman. i believe both should make the effort to pay.

Offline ABOVEALL

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
I am a conventionalist, but in all make sure an agreement met beforehand.  Spare the akward moments during for another time.

Offline gtsjames

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • racing to who knows where.....

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 12:43:32 PM »
saying that "the man should always pay" sounds good,  i personally have no problem with that.  i just want to know where that doctrine came from.  if you both are interested in each other and you are supposedly both equal, it seems to me that you would be setting precedent in the relationship as to who is in charge ie "money talks"

i personally would not want a broke woman or a stingy woman. i believe both should make the effort to pay.
Its not biblical that I know of so there is no doctrine to back it up, it think it has more to do with chivalry and the mans willingness to provide... my $0.02

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »
its funny.

When me and my wife were dating. I usually paid

Since we have been married,   I haven't seen a checkbook or a paystub in years.  I hardly ever carry cash. So when we go out now, she pays.

( I guess really I'm still paying, but the waitresses always pass me the bill, and I ALWAYS give it to my wife.  I get some funny from the waiters doing that sometimes).

But here is a tip fellas,  marry a woman who is serious about keepong the finances inorder.   We have no credit card debt whatsoever.

Only bills are house and car ( it took us a while to pay them student loans though, I aint even gonnna lie).

My son thinks its so funny because  I'm always telling my wife "Let me hold 10 dollars".

He's like "You go to work every day and you don't ever have no money.  why you always borrowing from mama?"

I just tell him " I got papers on her son,  so its all good."

he has no idea what I'm talking about 8)

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
its funny.

When me and my wife were dating. I usually paid

Since we have been married,   I haven't seen a checkbook or a paystub in years.  I hardly ever carry cash. So when we go out now, she pays.

( I guess really I'm still paying, but the waitresses always pass me the bill, and I ALWAYS give it to my wife.  I get some funny from the waiters doing that sometimes).

But here is a tip fellas,  marry a woman who is serious about keepong the finances inorder.   We have no credit card debt whatsoever.

Only bills are house and car ( it took us a while to pay them student loans though, I aint even gonnna lie).

My son thinks its so funny because  I'm always telling my wife "Let me hold 10 dollars".

He's like "You go to work every day and you don't ever have no money.  why you always borrowing from mama?"

I just tell him " I got papers on her son,  so its all good."

he has no idea what I'm talking about 8)

That's too funny :D
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
I expect to pay on a date.  I've dated women who have refused to allow me to pay because they want to feel like they’re the ones treating.  I give mad props to those women.  Whether she pays or not doesn’t really matter to me because I expect to pay every time.

Regarding the "we're equals" concept, everything doesn't have to be equal straight down the middle.  Maybe I pay for dinner, but sometimes she cooks like something from heaven, or vice versa.  Later on in marriage, maybe my income serves to cover all of the bills, but she cleans more of the house than me, or vice versa.  As long as everybody’s being honest in their efforts, the “we’re equals” concept will come out correctly in the wash.

Offline allonesound

• LGM Member
  • In God... *Im~So~AmAyZeN*

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
I don't know, but nowadays I always come prepared to cover myself just in case.  I don't want to be embarrassed.  I think in most cases the person who asks pays.  In my case that would be the guy, because I don't believe in being the "asker".

i agree... its not that i dont want to be embarrassed but sometimes (in the secular world) if a man pays he will expect something from the woman...

so i want to be viewed as independent, not that im all hard and dont need no help but if he pays for dinner ill get the movie or something... but if you insist on paying for everything i will not argue ;D
To get something I've never had.... I have to do something I've never done. *Salvation will pay off*

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 03:07:31 PM »
I pay my own way. Drive myself to wherever dinner/movie is . I like it like this until Mr. Right is met, that way I don't have to deal with any stupid ideas at the end of the night. YOu know some of them "saved" brotha's tend to get a little wierd sometimes.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 03:47:14 PM »

I agree....my daughters are only leaving home with "just in case money" that the man will NOT know about. If they return home and had to use the "Just in Case Money", Mr. Date Man will have some explaining to do to MADEAT!  ;)

Offline Joshorgan

• LGM Member
  • Watch what you think. Mean what you say.

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »
YEAH I think the man should pay too

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 04:23:35 PM »
I agree the man should pay. Maybe later a lady can treat a brother for lunch or something. :)
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

itsapeachworld

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
Jesus Paid It All!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »
Jesus Paid It All!

Well, my daughter's dates better not come with that excuse...I might have to slap them into next Tuesday for saying something like that!
;D :D ;D :D

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »

Yep! This is the way and the truth that will define the relationship or possible relationship.  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up