LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: On a Date.....Who should pay??  (Read 3275 times)

CATRON

Re: On a Date.....Who should pay??
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 04:49:48 PM »
I THINK THAT IF YOU WOMEN ASKS TO GO OUT, BOTH SHOULD PAY THERE OWN EXPENSES. BUT IF THE GUY ASKS TO GO OUT THE GUY SHOULD PAY BOTH EXPENSES.

BUT IF THE RELATIONSHIP IS ON A SERIOUS NOTE, THE MAN SHOULD ALWAYS PAY.

HOLLA

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »
I have to clarify something.  I expect to pay because honestly I don’t expect a woman I’m dating to match me income-wise.  It’s not that I make a whole bunch.  A woman making more than me just hasn’t happened yet in my experience.  Broadly speaking, I think that’s where this tradition of the man paying stems from; the man traditionally makes more money.  However, nowadays, women’s salaries approach and oftentimes surpass that of men’s.  Personally, I don’t see paying as an obligation of my manhood, but rather an obligation of somebody who makes more.  Thus, if a woman I’m dating makes substantially more than me, I would expect her to pay for dinner at least half the time.

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »
I THINK THAT IF YOU WOMEN ASKS TO GO OUT, BOTH SHOULD PAY THERE OWN EXPENSES. BUT IF THE GUY ASKS TO GO OUT THE GUY SHOULD PAY BOTH EXPENSES.

BUT IF THE RELATIONSHIP IS ON A SERIOUS NOTE, THE MAN SHOULD ALWAYS PAY.

HOLLA

Man if the releationship is serious (like I'm gonna marry this woman kind of serious) then it don't matter who pays.

My wife and I went to college together.  She graduated and got a J.O.B with Dunn and Bradstreet.  I continued on and got my master's degree.  Dude I was broker  than  broke.   We were engaged and I aint gonna  lie, sometimes she HAD to treat a bruh. Either that or we was gonna eat Ramen Noodles by candlelight, chasing it down with some grape kool-aid ( light on the sugar).

Nowadays she has the run of all my finances ( because she got it like that). Long as a bruh get to hold 10 dollars every now and then,  and I can grab some new basketball shoes every now and then,  then I'm good.

jlewis

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »
Hey Guys...Soooo...Here's my view...

This is trickier than I first thought, let me think this over and I'll post back later

PianoWiz...

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »
Ummm... whats a date??
I mean, I probably would pay for the both of us, but it's been so long.... whats a date??
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
Ummm... whats a date??
I mean, I probably would pay for the both of us, but it's been so long.... whats a date??

Let me familiarize you with the term......

Date - a.  An engagement to go out socially with another person, often out of romantic interest.    b. One's companion on such an outing.

Now you know!  ;D

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »

Let me familiarize you with the term......

Date - a.  An engagement to go out socially with another person, often out of romantic interest.    b. One's companion on such an outing.

Now you know!  ;D

Oh, is that what that is?? I remember those..... hmmmm.... might have to try that again.
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

uniquepraise

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »
I think the man should pay but if there are going to be issues and if he s going to "want" something then you should pay for yourself.

itsapeachworld

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 08:47:09 PM »

All to HIM I owe.  The hymnologist did not say all to HER!

(ok....y'all know i'm just kidding)

If you go out with a woman (this is my personal opinion) and she pays for your meal, you should feel stupid.  You are the head, the covering, the PROVIDER!  Well, at least that is how I operate in relationships....but then again I get used a lot too.  Maybe something does need to change!

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:02 PM »
...in my dating days....the woman always paid...they asked me out...and they wanted to pay for everything!.....times have changed a lot!...for the better!

Offline bigwood

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »
the man should pay but if it alredy talk about then she pays it dont matter as long as the bill get paid

Offline Samala

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 08:59:50 PM »
I was raised to believe that the guy should pay. But I think it depends on the occasion, like a birthday. Then I Would pay. But otherwise, I was brought up to think that the guy should pay for the date.

itsapeachworld

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 09:03:45 PM »
Uriah....PSYCHO BABBLE!

Sorry, I actually missed hearing you say that!  My bad!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 09:07:30 PM »
Uriah....PSYCHO BABBLE!

Sorry, I actually missed hearing you say that!  My bad!

Hilarious itsapeachworld......why did I just get the memo today that we were doing a choir direct-off this past Sunday......I guess I should check my email more often....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

itsapeachworld

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 09:11:14 PM »
YES!  You should!  See...that shows right there that you can not take my job....it's more than just waving your hands, son.  You gotta read the e-mails too!   ;D

Nah....after Bishop Jerod and I talked, I think I'm just going to pass the torch down to you.  I like your spirit when it comes to directing and your taste on the post about the favorite songs to direct.

Your passion for directing shows, so I'm gonna step down and just give it to you if you want the position.  After all, I'm 33.  One more hour long session of "More Abundantly" could set me back for life (and send me into heart failure)!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 09:16:58 PM »
YES!  You should!  See...that shows right there that you can not take my job....it's more than just waving your hands, son.  You gotta read the e-mails too!   ;D

Nah....after Bishop Jerod and I talked, I think I'm just going to pass the torch down to you.  I like your spirit when it comes to directing and your taste on the post about the favorite songs to direct.

Your passion for directing shows, so I'm gonna step down and just give it to you if you want the position.  After all, I'm 33.  One more hour long session of "More Abundantly" could set me back for life (and send me into heart failure)!

I will gladly accept the position.....let me know when it has been finalized
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

itsapeachworld

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 09:17:42 PM »
You know Bishop Jerod and Bishop Cole specialize in the Ministry of Procrastination....so we'll see.

Offline jt3n1

• LGM Member
  • Child of God, Musician, Band Arranger, Teacher

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 11:00:51 PM »
I have not even been asked on a date, (I know, it's sad,) but I am already prepared for the fact that if it ever occurs I will be carrying some of that just in case money Sister T was talking about. Some men's intentions are less than holy(yes even some men in the church) and If I find out halfway through dinner that either he never intended to pay or he wants something in return for dinner, I got my money as a backup. How he handles his meal payment is on him, then we are fair and square. And yes I will most likely be taking myself to dinner as well. Trust is the most important factor for that meal to even take place. The less you know, the more you should be prepared for plan B!!
A house on sand falls in storms. Learn theory!!!!

Offline Divinecalling1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just me!

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 11:03:39 PM »
I will authorize this transition Dr. Peach and Director VTG....I just need one more signature from one of the other Bishops. 

You know Bishop Jerod and Bishop Cole specialize in the Ministry of Procrastination....so we'll see.
Romans 8:18 For  The suffering is not worthy to be compared to the GGGGLLLLLOOOOOORRRRYYYYY!!!

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 11:09:06 PM »
Jt, if you were a lil closer to DC I could probably show you the town, but Im not on the market anymore, somebody'll have to fill in for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up