LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: On a Date.....Who should pay??  (Read 3315 times)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

Re: On a Date.....Who should pay??
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »
Jt, if you were a lil closer to DC I could probably show you the town, but Im not on the market anymore, somebody'll have to fill in for me.

so you said all that to say........hahahaha
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline jt3n1

• LGM Member
  • Child of God, Musician, Band Arranger, Teacher

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2006, 11:15:47 PM »
That is very kind of you CS. But that is exactly my problem. Usually the men who are kind enough to want to take me out, and sensible enough for me to even accept the invitation are already taken!! I haven't yet found myself in the right place at the right time, but one day I will!
A house on sand falls in storms. Learn theory!!!!

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2006, 11:40:42 PM »
Jt, if you were a lil closer to DC I could probably show you the town, but Im not on the market anymore, somebody'll have to fill in for me.

Yeah, what was that all about?...lol

Offline JesusFan95

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 12:28:22 AM »
well i guess i'm old school as well.
i firmly believe in the man picking up the tab, whether he asked or not.

but then that's just my opinion on things...

itsapeachworld

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
JT.....times have changed!  Men don't expect that in return for dinner much anymore.  So you're off the hook.  It's when he offers to take you on vacation or buys you something material.  For some reason in 2006, food is not a good exchange for "you know" in the eyes of men.  But anything that they spend $150 or more on.....RUN...the payoff is probably EXACTLY what you'd expect.

It's been hard (just being honest) to even break MYSELF from that one.

Offline Joshorgan

• LGM Member
  • Watch what you think. Mean what you say.

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35:15 AM »
I'll pray for you brother :)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »
There is a difference, though, between saints who date and the dating in the world.

Saints who date do so in integrity. They are getting to know the person, prayerfully seeing if GOD is in this relationship. If they find out that GOD is not in this, then they bring the relationship to a close before someone gets hurt.

It's a matter of boundaries. "Dating," personally I think the man should pay because it sets the tone of who is the covering, who is ultimately the instigator and who is the responder. Now, if other circumstances dictate otherwise and there is a mutual understanding, then that is the two people who are dating to determine.

Personally, I think a man who is proud enough to insist on paying will be proud enough to pay for a home, a car, life insurance and see to it that his family is cared for. (I use the word "proud" here in a good way, meaning "a good self-image") I think it should really bother a man when he can't pay; it motivates him to reach higher. I think that is how we are made; GOD put us like that on purpose so the family can see a picture of how GOD, Our Heavenly Father, wants to provide the best for us.

There should be no "this' for "that" when saints date, or it is whole different ball game . . . . the game of the world, where of course everyone is out to get something because whether they know it or not they are being controlled by the evil one. Then saints give in to the flesh and do a "this" for "that" (whtever the "that" might be) then we are talking about sin, which always will end in death.
Joshua 1: 7, 8

itsapeachworld

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 10:30:45 AM »
You're right Bboy........but even when saints date, the flesh can get weak.  That's why I'm starting to prefer the "Mother Theresa" types that DON'T keep their hair done (all the time), DON'T wear anything but hugely oversized clothes, and DON'T have one ounce of sexiness about them.  There's less temptation that way.  Everybody isn't in the ADVANCED stages of being able to resist temptation.

Offline Doubles22

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Doubles...in the key of B#. BEAT ARMY!!!

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 10:33:15 AM »
You're right Bboy........but even when saints date, the flesh can get weak.  That's why I'm starting to prefer the "Mother Theresa" types that DON'T keep their hair done (all the time), DON'T wear anything but hugely oversized clothes, and DON'T have one ounce of sexiness about them.  There's less temptation that way.  Everybody isn't in the ADVANCED stages of being able to resist temptation.

Hopefully, she's still somewhat easy to look at.

itsapeachworld

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »
SOMEWHAT being the key word...........

You have to know yourself.  I know me...and to say it tactfully, the drive is beyond HIGH...so to go on dates with people who are NOT Mother Theresa types is torture to my own self.  Praying hard is fine, but when you open your eyes in the middle of the prayer to take another peep - the prayer bounces off the ceiling and doesn't count.

This is how I KNOW that if I don't get married soon, there's gonna be trouble in the land!  Mrs. Right, if you are out there (high yellow, long hair, able to KILL a song in C#, etc., etc.) make yourself known.  We can get married tomorrow and kill the idea about the peach cake until next year!

Offline gtsjames

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • racing to who knows where.....

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 11:03:47 AM »
There is a difference, though, between saints who date and the dating in the world.

Saints who date do so in integrity. They are getting to know the person, prayerfully seeing if GOD is in this relationship. If they find out that GOD is not in this, then they bring the relationship to a close before someone gets hurt.

It's a matter of boundaries. "Dating," personally I think the man should pay because it sets the tone of who is the covering, who is ultimately the instigator and who is the responder. Now, if other circumstances dictate otherwise and there is a mutual understanding, then that is the two people who are dating to determine.

Personally, I think a man who is proud enough to insist on paying will be proud enough to pay for a home, a car, life insurance and see to it that his family is cared for. (I use the word "proud" here in a good way, meaning "a good self-image") I think it should really bother a man when he can't pay; it motivates him to reach higher. I think that is how we are made; GOD put us like that on purpose so the family can see a picture of how GOD, Our Heavenly Father, wants to provide the best for us.

There should be no "this' for "that" when saints date, or it is whole different ball game . . . . the game of the world, where of course everyone is out to get something because whether they know it or not they are being controlled by the evil one. Then saints give in to the flesh and do a "this" for "that" (whtever the "that" might be) then we are talking about sin, which always will end in death.
I would have phrased it differently, saints dating SHOULD do so in integrity. From what I've seen and heard many saved people dont know how to date differently from how the world views dating and thats sad, sad when the church or the redeemed or the saved folk cant be separated from the world except they go to church on sundays(sometimes). I dunno, when I was in the youth group at my church they had a series on "dating" and I came to a somewhat extreme view on dating(cant say I always stick to it though, cause as peach said the flesh gets weak) but thats just me. Everything else you said regarding the provision a man is to make for his wife and family was defintiely on point

itsapeachworld

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »
It is better to marry than to burn....and a fat guy can only outrun a lit match for so far!

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 12:10:52 PM »
The man pays, the woman pays, who cares as long as the tab is being paid?

I feel if the woman asks, be prepared to pay.  If the man asks, be prepared to pay.  When you get together or before you get together, you should both decide together who is going to pay so there is no surprise once you get there. 

The man is not the head until he is married, so you can cut out that whole "the man is the head" crap.  This is dating, not marriage so nobody is obligated to do or pay for anything.

JUST MY OPINION GUYS AND GIRLS!!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 12:39:23 PM »
The man pays, the woman pays, who cares as long as the tab is being paid?

I feel if the woman asks, be prepared to pay.  If the man asks, be prepared to pay.  When you get together or before you get together, you should both decide together who is going to pay so there is no surprise once you get there. 

The man is not the head until he is married, so you can cut out that whole "the man is the head" crap.  This is dating, not marriage so nobody is obligated to do or pay for anything.

JUST MY OPINION GUYS AND GIRLS!!!!

you da man t block, now that's what im talkin bout rat thur!!!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 12:41:29 PM »
Talk about it....
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 12:43:20 PM »
Talk about it....

i dun did dat on page 1

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »
You know Christians.....we can hear the same thing every Sunday but we act like it was the first time we heard it

itsapeachworld

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
I always thought dating was like "Easter practice".  Getting ready for the finale.  But that's just my view.

CreoleChica

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »
I think it's sweet when the man pays.  I've never paid for a date and I want to keep it that way.  I grew up in a family where the men paid the cost to be the boss.  That's how I like it.

itsapeachworld

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 02:58:51 PM »
Boss?  In 2006!  Man, if we said that to the right woman, we'd get shot in precious places in a heartbeat.  "I pay the cost to be the.....BOOOM!" 

"lawd...he sho' was a good man".....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up