LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You need to see Chris Dave SOMEWHERE!!  (Read 2671 times)

MaestroDivine

You need to see Chris Dave SOMEWHERE!!
« on: April 19, 2006, 10:18:54 AM »
Fellas, I'm about 20 minutes into a Chris Dave video I was sent ..... and I'm gon' tell you, I just became a fan ALL OVER AGAIN!

I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I will tell you .... I haven't see too many people with that level of creativity, charisma, technique, and lightning speed. I swear I didn't know that dude was THIS CRAZY ON THE DRUMS!!

If you hear about Chris Dave shedding somewhere .... you need to go. His studio work, and live performances don't do him justice. This is the first time I've wanted to retire from drumming because of someone's hi-hat patterns.  ::) ::)

Don't believe me. Miss out. I told you once, lol. I'm no longer responsible. You may not like his style, I don't know. That's very possible.  He's definitely not what you're used to hearing, but he'll definitely free you from the monotony that is so prevelant today. In my opinion, anyway.

I remember saying that I didn't think that he was on Donati's and Lang's level, based on what I've seen before. Well, I totally change my mind. I won't go as far as saying he's superior ... but, I will definitely say he can play ball in their league. 

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, I'm probably somewhere in a coma, lol.

Alrright, my break is over & back to the show.

Later.

~D

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

Re: You need to see Chris Dave SOMEWHERE!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »
I'll just add to your post man,  Chris Dave is in his own category.  He aint like nobody I have ever heard.  And that's my opinion.  I think he can sit with anybody and last till the final beat.  He aint no joke fo' real man.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline sonofpaul

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:30:28 AM »
so div, I need to see some c. dave? well how about you post some of the vid here on lgm...

Offline fenderjazz

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:36:49 AM »
Fellas, I'm about 20 minutes into a Chris Dave video I was sent ..... and I'm gon' tell you, I just became a fan ALL OVER AGAIN!

I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I will tell you .... I haven't see too many people with that level of creativity, charisma, technique, and lightning speed. I swear I didn't know that dude was THIS CRAZY ON THE DRUMS!!

If you hear about Chris Dave shedding somewhere .... you need to go. His studio work, and live performances don't do him justice. This is the first time I've wanted to retire from drumming because of someone's hi-hat patterns.  ::) ::)

Don't believe me. Miss out. I told you once, lol. I'm no longer responsible. You may not like his style, I don't know. That's very possible.  He's definitely not what you're used to hearing, but he'll definitely free you from the monotony that is so prevelant today. In my opinion, anyway.

I remember saying that I didn't think that he was on Donati's and Lang's level, based on what I've seen before. Well, I totally change my mind. I won't go as far as saying he's superior ... but, I will definitely say he can play ball in their league. 

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, I'm probably somewhere in a coma, lol.

Alrright, my break is over & back to the show.

Later.

~D

Man, how you gon' make a big fuss about a Chris Dave video and not post a clip. ;D  If somebody else did that you'd be having a fit. ;D  That's cool though. I see how it is. LOL

MaestroDivine

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »
I'm gettin' a converter.

This has to be shared. I swear I'm not exagerrating ... at one point, I thought to myself, "I feel like I'm watching footage of Big Foot.."

...and you single pedal players - I've just seen 4-way coordination at a frightening level. That poor hi-hat! Their is no excuse! None! None at all!

I'm going to sleep now.

~D

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:25 AM »
WOW Chris is already my all time favorite drummer in the with the stuff I have seen. I dont know if my poor old brain can handle any more. But i'd love to find out LOL. Youre a blessed man Div!!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 12:07:11 PM »
I like Chris's playing. But the way you're talking is how Mark Simmons makes me feel. I've seen both of them live and heard both of them on recordings. . .they are on the same level. I just wish I had something tangible to prove it. If I come across something, I'll let y'all know. But I've been saying for years that these guys (both from Houston ;)) are in another dimension.
It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

MaestroDivine

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »
I'm gonna hook ya'll up. But, no leechers are gonna get this one. This will be a yousendit link...

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 12:31:56 PM »
YOU  ARE  MAKING  ME SALIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY!!!!!

please :'(
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 12:44:07 PM »
YOU  ARE  MAKING  ME SALIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HURRY!!!!!

please :'(

Yeh man, what freddy said.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 12:50:22 PM »
Chris Dave is also one of my influences,I admire his style of playing it is unque.Since he played for Mint Condition,Kim Burrells first CD(MUST GET),Douglas Miller(Live in Houston),Shawn Mclemore and countless other he's played on. It wish he would do clinics that would bring him to BOSTON

GOD BLESS!
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline p-love

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
You mind if the bass player see that. I started on the kit and converted to bassism...lol So I do still love to see a creative drummer. When will this be up?

Offline Pinaro

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
I told u guys that months ago  ::) ::) ::)......buy yaahhhh wuldnt lisen 2 me  >:(
chris "Daddy" DAve ROCKS!!!
jesus ROX HARDER!!

BROOKLYN

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 03:48:07 PM »
I'm gonna hook ya'll up. But, no leechers are gonna get this one. This will be a yousendit link...

Make sure that ends up in my direction too!

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 07:20:30 PM »
same heya i dont know bout yall but befor ei go to anygig i listen to chris daddy and about 6 otha drummers idk what it does but i always play more musically instead of tryna impress people wit chops... but yeah hopefully i get that link before it expires
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

MaestroDivine

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:32:47 PM »
I can't stop watching the tape! Somebody make pray for me so I can stop!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 08:59:10 PM »
Yo!  I can't stop watching that 5 minute clip that was posted months ago!  If this clip holds up to what you're saying (and i fully believe that it will) I'll get fired from my job because i'll be watching this clip all day at my desk!   :o

Holla at ya boi DIV!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »
C Dave has been in a class of his own for a long time.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 10:08:14 PM »
I can't stop watching the tape! Somebody make pray for me so I can stop!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

You have to WANT to be saved,  :D....
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
You have to WANT to be saved,  :D....

Amen!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up