LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **Me playin 2 a dave weckl drumless track**  (Read 1232 times)

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

**Me playin 2 a dave weckl drumless track**
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:51:03 PM »
i found a few drumless tracks from 1 of dave weckls dvds or albums or something so i decided 2 record maself playin 2 it 4 ya'll, i was slippin a bit but hey, here it is

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NG79QYXNCV1L3KN5KW746KIW2

Enjoy and please your comments

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

Re: **Me playin 2 a dave weckl drumless track**
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »
Just a suggestion. . . I have that CD and that song does not have a funk feel to it. The snare is hitting on the 2 and the "ah" of 3. Try mimicking that original groove just to get out of the ordinary. It'll open your mind to more than just 2 & 4.

Also, from the way your licks sound, you play in church. Try doing some fills that are not "churchy."

Just suggestions. Expand your mind and you'll keep growing. You're doing a good job. 
It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
k kool thanks 4 dat

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 03:23:03 PM »
u sound a lil nervous next time try to focus more on a simpiliar groove then all of those harder to do hi hat patterns i say at 2:50 on you were sounding good though and rememeber that one is very important

Offline The Dojz

• LGM Member
  • Layin down tracks for the Lord 24/7
    • www.Facebook.com/thedojz

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 06:56:56 AM »
Pretty good drumming you got going on that track.  I just sent you a myspace friend request
Thank you and may God bless you,
   The Dojz

Offline cymbalman

• LGM Member
  • meet cymbalmans church baby (house baby is red)

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:37:35 PM »
yeah too churchy.....but i for one actually like the groove that you had in the beginning....the pocket if you will....lol....(laughing because i just came from the pocket thread)....but yeah umm my suggesstion wouldto be to try some more rudimetally based fills rather than chopps wit bass in the like we gospelchops drummers love to do.....imean don;t get me wrong they're tite but forthis song put some 7-strokes, double strokes.......ummm not really tooo much singles....mayble some if you know how to twirk it and make it sound like a paradiddle ya know.....hmmm what else.....................flams....oh yes definitely all the flam rudiments excellent with this song but not so much as to over do it because with this its also easy to over do......but then again your're just sharing you chops with us but just keep that in mind still......hmmmm.............simple fills would go with this song to.....remember with this type of non-gospel groove...give it less of that infamous dangerous bass....which always sound good in service but ithink your pretty much gettin the idea of everyones input......oh yeah and less hi-hat rolls...keep the hi0hat work but just dont extend for....uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh...... lets say over a beat and a half so but you hi-hats sound good.....and the snare ghost note work too.......but yeah....you sound real good likeyou know what your doing though.....good......but if you need me to break any of the rudiments down just say so but i figured you wouldn't cuz you sound like you've got a sum experience a little bit so i just figured you's know already......but just take the adice as inspiration andif you'vealready donethat then guess what...............you're better already.....trust me......no realy trust me........but keep up thegood work you sound real nice champ......maybe you can post you "revised" version of this song cuz i do like your style of grooce as far as wanting and urging to make people feel it or what not.....so yeah.....
Only1PersonUnderstansMe&TheyNeverRealyUnderstoodMe

Offline NINOdaDRUMMA

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:18:03 AM »
Pretty good drumming you got going on that track.  I just sent you a myspace friend request
same here
Pages: [1]   Go Up