LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teacher or Drumset first?  (Read 565 times)

Offline Paiste

• LGM Member

Teacher or Drumset first?
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:11 PM »
Ok I have a small dilema. My parents are offering to either by me a new kit, or they can put me in drumming lessons. If I take the kit I'll have to wait till the summer to get lessons to learn to read  music. I really wanted to start practicing to see if I could make my high school jazz band. I'm leaning more for getting the kit. Any advice? :)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Teacher or Drumset first?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »
Ok I have a small dilema. My parents are offering to either by me a new kit, or they can put me in drumming lessons. If I take the kit I'll have to wait till the summer to get lessons to learn to read  music. I really wanted to start practicing to see if I could make my high school jazz band. I'm leaning more for getting the kit. Any advice? :)

Take the Lessons and get a DW Practice Anywhere pad kit w/the extra tom pad and double pedal (to us the left as a hihat pedal or as a double kick pedal)

Best of both world's ... cheaper than getting a kit and you can still afford lessons.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline ABOVEALL

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »
Whenever you have the opportunity to receive lessons, don't pass up the opportunity.  The kit will come eventually, as already promised, so just practice temperance.  You can always take lessons and find somewhere to practice.  However, if you snatch the trap you can't go anywhere and get lessons.  Put as much between the ears as possible and don't waste any time.

Offline Paiste

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:03 PM »
Ya you guys are right....again ;) I guess it does't matter what I play on as long as you can. But I've got a beginner set(Sunlite)and it doesn't sound all that great :( I actaully would only be buying the shells cuz I've got the hardware already. I guess I can wait a little longer  ::) oh well

Thankx for the advice  :)

Offline Paiste

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »
Ya you guys are right....again ;) I guess it does't matter what I play on as I can actaully play. But I've got a beginner set(Sunlite)and it doesn't sound all that great :( I actaully would only be buying the shells cuz I've got the hardware already. I guess I can wait a little longer  ::) oh well

Thankx for the advice guys  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up