LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice Needed!  (Read 935 times)

Offline lil_mz_pooh_05

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Advice Needed!
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:01:37 PM »
Hey LGM. I am 18 yrs old and i'm just getting back to playing the piano. When I was small, i took piano lessons, but then my teacher moved so i stopped.  Then I tried looking for another teacher, but no one was willing to teach me.  So about 4 yrs passed and I never once thought about the piano.  Then all of a sudden something was pulling me back to the piano.  So I took lessons again but it didn't last long b/c i wanted to play basketball.  So i stopped again and started back like 3 yrs. later; and I stopped again, b/c I moved.  And now I feel a strong force that is pulling me back to playing the piano again.  And I don' t know what to do; its like everytime i start taking lessons, something happens and I have to quit.  I mean I'm not too good of a player, but I would like to be. I can't read music, which is very important; but I can play by ear kinda good.  In fact, that's how I've learned to play the songs that I know now. But, I feel as though I have the potential.  And I don't know what to do.  So if anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks and God Bless You!!!!!
" Blessed & Highly Favored"

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

Re: Advice Needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 04:08:05 PM »
LGM Media Center

Gospel Keys videos

those will get you started

Welcome to the LGM Family

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:09:15 PM »
Music Theory......................Practice Room go back and check out some of the old post, there's a lot of good information in there

Be Blessed

The Bear

Offline blessedhammond

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »
Well another way to learn is to watch others and find someone that can read in various churches. The best thing I know that worked for me is that I asked to teach me how to play and be able to sight read music when I have to and over time I found that he did it for me and now I can read music and play, it is still progressing but it I see it. So ask God for what you want and if it is in his will he will give it to you and you will be amazed what he will give you.

P.S. After you pray remember to be patient and allow God to have his way

God Bless

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 07:13:35 AM »
Good advice guys. :)
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up