LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: snare wires.  (Read 2706 times)

Offline ltcc

• LGM Member
    • http://

snare wires.
« on: April 23, 2006, 12:21:42 AM »
was up ya'll. i advise you all to go an get the pure sound snare wires for ya snares. i have a 13X7 and a 14x 5.5 or 6. i had the snares that came with them on there a lil while. but i had change them to use the pure sounds an them things made a big difference in the sound of the drum when  i hit it. weather it is open or tight. just get them.

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

Re: snare wires.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 02:40:08 AM »
thanks for the advice dude...

Offline beatsfromtda808

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 03:56:44 AM »
like everyone in here is saying it's a matter of choice. As for me I gradually moved up as I got faster and better. My first pedal was the stock Yamaha pedal that came with the set, then I moved to an Iron cobra but the response was too sluggish as i had gotten used to playing with springs fully tightend, so I eventually got a dw2000 wihich lasted me all of about 8 or 9 mos before I busted the spings and the chain(A lot of shout sessions going on). I'm now using the dw9000.Great pedal!!!!! But all in all, try a few different ones out with or without weights and see what works best for you. Because what may work for some of us may not work for you
peace adn god bless
Bethesda Temple Church of Deliverance
                Honolulu,Hi
www.bethesdatemplechurch.com

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 09:48:57 PM »
like everyone in here is saying it's a matter of choice. As for me I gradually moved up as I got faster and better. My first pedal was the stock Yamaha pedal that came with the set, then I moved to an Iron cobra but the response was too sluggish as i had gotten used to playing with springs fully tightend, so I eventually got a dw2000 wihich lasted me all of about 8 or 9 mos before I busted the spings and the chain(A lot of shout sessions going on). I'm now using the dw9000.Great pedal!!!!! But all in all, try a few different ones out with or without weights and see what works best for you. Because what may work for some of us may not work for you
peace adn god bless

wrong thread doc...
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »
Lol!

Offline Ibilddrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:48:57 PM »
wrong thread doc...
OK...
I thought I was losing it for second there.
Yeah I like the the Puresound 30's.....30 strand wires whether Puresound or Dynamix are my favorite right now.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »
I use 42 strand Gibraltar snares on all my snares.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »
wrong thread doc...

lol hahahahhaahahahahahhaa waaahahahahahhaahahahahahah lol "doc" hahahahahahaa lol sorry i just always thought that word was funny like on the showmethat.com on one of the shouts sebastion wheat was like"you gotta play a shout DOC" waaahahahahahahahahhahahaha

(im sure most of you guys are like   ?/? oooooooooooooook this kid is crazy)
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline Paiste

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:20:28 AM »
I use the Puresound Equalizer 16-strand.Very nice adn crisp :)

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:32 AM »
Could someone explain to me the different wires for example I heard people talking about 16, 30, and 42 strand wires. Whats the difference and which ones would be good for Jazz, funk and r&b???? Thanx
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 07:50:24 PM »
well different snares produce different sounds.  depend on what you want.  a 42 would be great for projection and stuff.  dunnett uses those on most his snares... i have puresounds and they sound great.  i have 42 on my 14 but the buzz is alot more than the puresounds....
Pages: [1]   Go Up