LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to See Happy Marriages? Then Shut It Down  (Read 1547 times)

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

Re: Want to See Happy Marriages? Then Shut It Down
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 09:43:01 PM »
A true word indeed BBoy.... thanks for your insight.

I have wrestled with what is necessary in having a complete marriage. There are many factors that apply. One, anyone that wants to marry must know where this "candidate" stands spiritually.  You being saved should realize that anyone saved under a certain amount of time should not be considered for marriage. A relationship to a new comer can hinder the spiritual development and growth of that individual leading to future discrepancies within the marriage.
They must spiritually grow first allowing for a foundation and relationship with Christ and in pleasing him; they will learn to please you.
Marrying too young shouldn't be an option either. Just as one must grow and develop spiritually, so should they naturally.  In my opinion, no one should marry under the ages of 26/27 allowing for total emotional, psychological, educational and spiritual development. These ages do not guarantee this, but maturity plays a huge role in success of a well-disciplined marriage with good decision skills.
Independence. MY GOD! Independence is crucial to a marriage. Not independence front one another, but FOR each other.  No woman or man wants a mate that has never understood the necessary skills obtained in independent life.  Lights and gas always on, car on the verge of getting repossessed every month, running around expecting you to be their hero in every dilemma cause they always depended on mama and daddy.  I always used to say, “Love is good, but love don’t pay the bills” and you want to be with someone that understands that before you marry.
Lastly, no woman needs to be looking for a man.  :o STOP looking like that! The bible clearly states,
 He that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord”
 Now to find something, you must first be looking for it. Here in this scripture, who’s doing the looking- “he” meaning “male”. It is a known fact that two individuals looking for one another waste more time that if one just waits for the other. So, while he’s looking, sisters need to be about their Father’s business just like Ruth was in the field when Boaz found her.  I once told a friend that had become discouraged about this matter, “Don’t fret about your “prince charming”, God knows your heart’s desire and everyday you awake believe he’s come a day closer”

Be Blessed
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »
Yessir Mr Anderson

Offline ELaurenV

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 11:39:49 AM »
Wow...that's the truth.  You are a gifted gifted teacher.  You're helping us.  Thank you. 

Offline CESharp

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Good Mornting......Hellerrrrrrrr!!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
Excuse me but has anyone taken up offering yet?

I just ran to the alter and placed $50 on it!!!!!!!

I just got a full belly from that dinner!!!!!

Ya'll continue to bless with the transparent Word from God!!!!!!!!!!!  I also have a word to share.  I got married (1st marriage) at the age of 32.  I'm at work so ya'll I'll share when I have a minute to type it all.

question:  why is it that these days "I want a divorce" is rolling off of people's tongues before communication takes place?  Are we not taking our vows serious? Then again, did we really hear the preacher quote the vows? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Carla E.
Canaan Church (Urbana, Illinois)
U of I

Nakia518

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
question:  why is it that these days "I want a divorce" is rolling off of people's tongues before communication takes place?  Are we not taking our vows serious? Then again, did we really hear the preacher quote the vows? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I heard some toes crunching on that one there...... If and when I get married... Divorce will not be in either one of ours vocabulary... If he wants out he has to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 01:47:14 PM »
nice job BBoy....i'm just getting around to reading posts from a few days ago
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

uniquepraise

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 08:49:27 PM »
Powerful...when is the book coming out? ;D

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 01:47:22 AM »
VERY VERY DEEP MESSAGE BBOY.
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 05:33:03 AM »
HEY BBOY, I EMAILED THAT TO A FEW PEOPLE AND SHARING IT WITH THE CHURCH I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND :)
I REALLY ENJOYED THAT MESSAGE. I READ IT ONCE BY MYSELF AND AGAIN TO MY WIFE AND NOW I'M SHARING IT WITH OTHERS :D
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up