LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Bass  (Read 961 times)

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

New Bass
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:08:01 PM »
I just put in my order for an Ibanez BTB556 six string... I didn't get a chance to play on one because none of the store here have it in stock. I hope it's all I heard it is, I won't actually have it untill after the 15'th because that's when they expect them in so it's on back order.

Offline Groovesmith

• LGM Member
  • Daddy and his little blessing from God.

Re: New Bass
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »
I think you'll be happy with it My friend has one of the BTB 5 strings models and it plays and sound greats,  Feels so right in your hands.
Groovesmith

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39:58 PM »
XtromatriX,

Congrats!  New bass time is always a happy time  ;)

On the other hand, I just packed up and mailed out my fretless Hanewinckel 6.  That was my last 6 string bass  :'( :'(

Same guy bought it that bought my other Hanewinckel 6 string.

I know I'll replace the "fretless" but I doubt it'll be a 6 string.  Probably a 5 string.  I'll try to not spend a lot of money this time (under $1,000).  I may be looking at a BTB 5 fretless, especially if I can find one used.  Let us know if you actually do get it by May 15th.  That's actually pretty good time in bass-ordering land.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »
hey congrats on the new bass, i hope when you get it, that it is all you hoped for.  i have played a number of btb's and love the wide string spacing and the sound is nice.  i dont know the model numbers, but the natural wood btb's are awesome.  i played a six string btb at namm a while ago and was floored. let us know how it sounds, post an audio.     

peace

Offline Groovesmith

• LGM Member
  • Daddy and his little blessing from God.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:10:05 PM »
The thing that I like about the BTB's and forgot to mention it before is the locking port for the cord made by nuetrik I was thinking about buying one of the ports for my bass.
Groovesmith

Offline Willie L. Terry Jr

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
I own both models as my main basses.  The BTBQM556 or 506 not sure what the number is and I have the BTB1206ENTF Prestige (Natural)  Both basses are lovely.  Those Bartolini's on the prestige or both for the matter have good pickups.  The strings you use will make the difference in the world.  ON my 556 I have D'Addario (or however you spell it).  I love using the bass for a wide range of gigs.  The slap on that one is nasty.  My 1206ENTF is so new, it still has the Elixir's on it.  I'm waiting on a string to break because I want to try MTDs on the Prestige and Ken Smith's on the 556.  I think the right strings are just as important as the big bass. 

Somebody mentioned the wide spacing between string at the bridge.  Check this for yourself but neither Ken Smith or MTD have the 19mm spacing that Ibanez has.  Most they will go is 18mm.  They may have them beat the nut though.  I think the only bass that has that much spacing at the bridge is Warwick...and I believer you can adjust the width at the bridge.  Check it though, I may be wrong but I love my BTBs.  They are a happy medium between the K. Smith/MTD guys and the starter packs.

One draw back.  Be careful changing batteries.  I had one of the outlets break when trying to change the batter.  My buddy had to cutt the wire and rig it.  Doug Wimbish who use to endorse Ibanez says that they break too easy.  Especially the batteries.  I wish they would go to the flip mode like Warwick. 

Let me know what you think,
T.J.
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the Lord my rock who teaches my hands to war and my FINGAZ to fight!

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 11:28:32 AM »
THANKS everybody for your comments!!!!! ;D
I was deciding between the BTB556 and the Toby Pro6, I decided on the Ibanez BTB because I have dealt with Ibanez and they are very helpful and I just couldn't bring myself to Order the Toby Pro6 from Musicyo.com because the only way you can talk to them is by email. I heard a lot of good things about both Basses but what really got me was how people really seem to like the way the BTB's Sound and Feel. Seeing as how this is the very first bass I've ever baught without playing it first, I felt a little wierd about it but now I feel like I made the right choice.

Offline XtromatriX

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:37:37 AM »
hey congrats on the new bass, i hope when you get it, that it is all you hoped for.  i have played a number of btb's and love the wide string spacing and the sound is nice.  i dont know the model numbers, but the natural wood btb's are awesome.  i played a six string btb at namm a while ago and was floored. let us know how it sounds, post an audio.     

peace

Sure thing Sixstring Poet, I'll post an audio. And speakin of posting audios, what do most of you here use to create your audio files? I use FL Studio but I find myself doing a lot of time streaching my bass lines when I want to record with other instrument sounds. Just wondering what some of you use because I've heard a lot of excellent audio files here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up