LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not feeling it...  (Read 1565 times)

Lyric33

Not feeling it...
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:50:11 PM »
Have you ever been somewhere and someone just out of the blue asked you to sing a particular song or do something you just weren't prepared to do?

Do you feel like it's wrong to decline if you're really not up to singing that day even if everyone pressuring you?

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

Re: Not feeling it...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 06:04:30 PM »
No I don't think it is wrong BUT you should do it anyways. You should try to sing as though it is your last time. There are people who wish they could hum a tune and can't. I know we all get where we don't feel like it. Sometimes I just feel like sitting there and listening to other musicians play. I get tired too BUT God gave me the gift to do it. I wouldn't want him taking it away. It's my life to sing and play. I always say to myself, what if God say I don't feel like waking up Sharon today ?/? Just something to think about.
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline PapaRooskie

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:07:56 PM »
It totally depends on the situation....  If you just don't want to then you probably should, but if you're tired vocally, haven't warmed up properly, or jsut don't have any peices that are saticfactory for the occasion then DON"T!!!

caisza

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 03:20:27 PM »
I knew of a lady who loved to call people up to the altar at the spur of the moment to open up the service including people that she knew couldn't sing.  She loved to put people on the spot.  Well she called a young lady up to the altar whom she knew was very shy to open up with prayer and a song.  The lady went up there and allowed God to use her.

That's why I say No God No Peace, Know God, Know Peace.

;)

Offline TheClef

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »
I'm with the depends on the situation camp.

A singer should always reserve the right to decline respectfully. That's why a psalmist should always be atuned to the spirit of God, and know when it is right for him or her to sing.

Certainly though, there are very respectful ways to decline a person of authority and one should think twice about it when addressing a pastor. But if you are really getting a bad vibe, then I say exercise the right you reserved.

Either opinion, yea or nay, is going to bring potential problems with it.

Lyric33

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:08:17 PM »

Either opinion, yea or nay, is going to bring potential problems with it.

I agree. I was in this situation about two months ago. I was there enjoying the choirs at a program. All of a sudden out of the blue the mc says, we'd like to ask Nicole if she'll come and bless us with a song. And I'm sitting there kind of shaking my head and everyone is telling me to come up. I was fuming ( on the inside) but I smiled and went on. I had no idea what to sing and I wasn't warmed up so I already knew what I was going to sound like, lol. I decided to sing God Is Real.  I cracked a few notes and it could have been a lot better but I got thru it. I just really hate to be put on the spot. The only reason I did it was It crossed my mind that it wasn't about me it. This was all in the name of God. But they better not put me on the spot any more!!! >:( (Just kidding ; ;D) (kinda ;))LOL

Offline Gospelstar21

• LGM Member
  • For God I live, and For God I die.
    • Myspace

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:16:19 PM »
Wow...u must really be able to sing!!...If u know how things can be...just stay prepared....I hate to be put on the spot two..but Im learning how to be prepared for anything....God Bless..
More than a Conqueror

Lyric33

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:46:14 PM »
Wow...u must really be able to sing!!...If u know how things can be...just stay prepared....I hate to be put on the spot two..but Im learning how to be prepared for anything....God Bless..

You know how it is when you're prepared to sing something just incase someone ask....but then they don't. But someone calls you up at the last minute to go to something with them and it never crosses your mind??? lol Then the next thing you know someone's calling your name.  That's my life story ::). I do try to always be prepared since then.:)

Offline idealist2675

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »
hi there,
i always sing when people ask me to,even when i dont feel it right then.
but i always find that God is amazing,even though I was not prepared,when i am done and in the middle i  always get into it.

i dont know about all of you,but this is my experience.
thanks

Offline MikaSue

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise God!
    • MikaSue Designs

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »
Be ye Also ready.

Obedience is better than sacrafice.
Praise God!

Lyric33