LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ((((Anthony Hamilton/ Heather Headley tour))))  (Read 2195 times)

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

((((Anthony Hamilton/ Heather Headley tour))))
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »
This cat is friggin AWESOME!!  I went to see Anthony Hamilton and Heather Headley in KC at the Uptown Theatre.  The opening act was Van Hunt.  The guy is nice on the guitar.  His band was nice and soulful.  The headliner was Anthony Hamilton.  His show was full of just raw energy!  His stage presence is real nice.  He even took us to chuuch for a second! 

But the REAL headliner was Heather Headley.  Her band was tighter than a gnats benind!!  They backed her with so much confidence.  She sang all of her hits (yes she has more than one) and even covered a little Anita Baker and Babyface! 

The MVP's of the show were Chris Johnson on the drums and Anthony Hamilton's bassist.  I don't know what his name is, but he was the stud in that band FOR SHORE!! 

Chris Johnson was STUPID good!!  He didn't even have to play like he did.  He played with so much finess.  This guy is so tasteful!!  All of his chops were right on time. 

Does anyone know of any other stuff with him on it? 

Holla front!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: ((((Anthony Hamilton/ Heather Headley tour))))
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:32:42 AM »
This cat is friggin AWESOME!!  I went to see Anthony Hamilton and Heather Headley in KC at the Uptown Theatre.  The opening act was Van Hunt.  The guy is nice on the guitar.  His band was nice and soulful.  The headliner was Anthony Hamilton.  His show was full of just raw energy!  His stage presence is real nice.  He even took us to chuuch for a second! 

But the REAL headliner was Heather Headley.  Her band was tighter than a gnats benind!!  They backed her with so much confidence.  She sang all of her hits (yes she has more than one) and even covered a little Anita Baker and Babyface! 

The MVP's of the show were Chris Johnson on the drums and Anthony Hamilton's bassist.  I don't know what his name is, but he was the stud in that band FOR SHORE!! 

Chris Johnson was STUPID good!!  He didn't even have to play like he did.  He played with so much finess.  This guy is so tasteful!!  All of his chops were right on time. 

Does anyone know of any other stuff with him on it? 

Chris plays for Anastasia as well....

Holla front!
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:34:27 AM »
Good Lookin Sabe. 

Do you know of any recordings with him on them?

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:17:09 PM »
so Chris Johnson played for both of them?

Offline etdrum86

• LGM Member
  • MR.CHRIS DAVE @ NAMM
    • MY MYSPACE PAGE

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »
hey wut up bro! chris johnson is pretty dope. if you go on to the sabian website, under media, they should have a couple videos of chris during soundcheck, when he was on tour with anatasia. while ur there, i dont know if u  know about him, but they have a couple clips of mylious johnson. rite now hes doin the whole pop-rock thing with pink, but hes played with joe and 98 degrees, too. hes got a fat pocket. if you go to vh1.com they have the full pink concert also. well, hope this helped. peace!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »
mylious has the sickest cleanest hands i have seen in person

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 12:08:49 PM »
so Chris Johnson played for both of them?

No.  I wish he would have!!  Anthony Hamilton was a heavy-set guy out of Ohio.  He kinda looked like Rex Hardy playing Yamaha's.  He even set his drums up simularly.  He didn't move me too much as a player.  He was full of enregy.

Offline drummer_boi23

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 09:44:39 PM »
i want den to tour down in toronto
Strive to make it to the top practise makes perfect if you pray and practice God will lead

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 12:41:25 AM »
hey wut up bro! chris johnson is pretty dope. if you go on to the sabian website, under media, they should have a couple videos of chris during soundcheck, when he was on tour with anatasia. while ur there, i dont know if u  know about him, but they have a couple clips of mylious johnson. rite now hes doin the whole pop-rock thing with pink, but hes played with joe and 98 degrees, too. hes got a fat pocket. if you go to vh1.com they have the full pink concert also. well, hope this helped. peace!

Its not there bro!  Post a link to the site.

Offline etdrum86

• LGM Member
  • MR.CHRIS DAVE @ NAMM
    • MY MYSPACE PAGE

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »
here you go juse. hopefully it plays....sumtimes it acts up. if it does then just try back later. while i was there, i found you the mylious clips too. they werent playing on my computer, but maybe they'll play on yours. enjoy!

chris johnson:
http://sabian.com/sabiantalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=35&threadid=3867&highlight_key=y&keyword1=chris%20johnson

mylious johnson:
http://sabian.com/sabiantalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=35&threadid=1219&highlight_key=y&keyword1=mylious%20johnson

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 09:03:07 AM »
No.  I wish he would have!!  Anthony Hamilton was a heavy-set guy out of Ohio.  He kinda looked like Rex Hardy playing Yamaha's.  He even set his drums up simularly.  He didn't move me too much as a player.  He was full of enregy.
If it's the cat I'm thinking of his name is James"Mook" Agnew. He's does bring alot of energy when he plays.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 09:37:20 PM »
THATS HIM!!!  I was trying to get at you because I rememberd that you live in Ohio.  But its kinda hard to get at someone who is NEVER ONLINE!! >:( 

Jump on YIM sometime and shout me a holla doc!!

Offline peteroc

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 06:51:31 AM »
His Bass player is my Boy, Chris Pottinger!!   he's from the Stockton/Fresno, CA area!!  he also played on Tonex's latest CD/DVD
he is one sick cat man!!!   

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:44 AM »
THATS HIM!!!  I was trying to get at you because I rememberd that you live in Ohio.  But its kinda hard to get at someone who is NEVER ONLINE!! >:( 

Jump on YIM sometime and shout me a holla doc!!
Aww man. Why you put me out there like dat?! LOL!
I'll be on today. Yell at me!
Love God. Live Long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up