LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eric Moore Killin it on Mario track.  (Read 8131 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: Eric Moore Killin it on Mario track.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:30 AM »
Sorry buddy but i agree with the other cat Eric is to busy on this track even if he is playing on his site, I could not here the song because the drums are to much. A great friend of mine bobby sparks who use to be kirk franklin music director but now plays with marcus miller once told me you have to always remember the five second rule,when you leave the pocket you got five seconds to come back and that would determine a great drummer or not. Eric is a trick master but not quite a great drummer, good yes but not great,for me it is all about quest love and chris dave those are great drummers. God bless

Hey that 5 second rule thing is HOT! I never thought of that!!!! I think you should make that its own subject. As for the topic, like he said; he was just soloing over the track he isn't like that live. He wouldn't be playing with the people he does if he was.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
Sorry buddy but i agree with the other cat Eric is to busy on this track even if he is playing on his site, I could not here the song because the drums are to much. A great friend of mine bobby sparks who use to be kirk franklin music director but now plays with marcus miller once told me you have to always remember the five second rule,when you leave the pocket you got five seconds to come back and that would determine a great drummer or not. Eric is a trick master but not quite a great drummer, good yes but not great,for me it is all about quest love and chris dave those are great drummers. God bless

The "5 Second Rule" is a hot concept. First time I have heard that one but I can agree with it on a gig. Coming from a cat like Bobby Sparks it gives apsiring drummers an idea of what MDs and other musicians want from the drumset musician.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

my impression was that he was shedding just having fun.............. critiquing that for pocket quality is kinda stupid TOO ME

and i love the 5 sec. rule as well for gig and real situation purposes
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »
Differnt opinions and no one got shot! alright! ;D
Love God. Live Long.

Offline kdenmark2

• LGM Member
  • Play Hard, Pray Harder
    • http://www.myspace.com/kdenmark2

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »
That's Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Play Hard, Pray Harder
www.myspace.com/kdenmark2

Offline kdenmark2

• LGM Member
  • Play Hard, Pray Harder
    • http://www.myspace.com/kdenmark2

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
Does he play for Mario now?
Play Hard, Pray Harder
www.myspace.com/kdenmark2

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »
wheres the link? that link isnt working for me

Offline drumadic

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »
Alright guys,i can see that some of you got offended with what i said so i'd like to make things clear.There seems to be a misunderstanding with that track.So what i'd like to know is :is Eric Shedding over that track ,or is it the actual track that is on a cd?It makes a huge difference to me.Maybe Eric could answer me himself.

So,if it's a shed,then it's alright with me and what i've said is irrelevant.If not,then it still holds true.At least in my ears.I can't even hear the song in the back.That pretty much says it all.If Mario asked for it,then i don't really get the musical meaning of it.Once again,i love drum solos when the music calls for it which to me is not the case here.I guess musical tastes vary from people to another.

Eric,you're a very gifted and talented drummer and nobody can deny that but i still don't dig the track even tho' i like your playing.I'd love to hear you in a more pocket-ish situation so i can have sthg different to relate to.I wish i could do half the stuff you do on the set,but too many tricks and licks won't ever hold up to a great groove.Not that you can't play a solid deep groove,sure you can,and i'm waiting for a track that'll demonstrate that.

Peace.

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »
lol are you serious????  HE is OBVIOUSLY sheddding over it you can hear the lil drum machine beat in the background and know hes shedding over it... ive heard him play live he dont play like that he plays with the musician
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 10:55:03 PM »
lol are you serious????  HE is OBVIOUSLY sheddding over it you can hear the lil drum machine beat in the background and know hes shedding over it... ive heard him play live he dont play like that he plays with the musician

;DHey your girl looks nice! ;D ::)
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline deion21

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »
Thanks guys on the five second rule it was told to me from a well respected musician Bobby sparks who is a good friend of mine, but i will say that i did not know that he was ask to solo over the track and if that is the case then he did a heck of a job. I like and respect all or most drummers that is out there in the loop because in our bussiness we have to remember that all of us have our own unique style, so i do not want any one to think i was bashing on Eric Moore because Eric is a beast i just didn't know he was ask to solo. I respect all drummers me my self is a strong solid pocket drummer with great timing and i know i could not sit down and shed or challenge any one of those guys out there because that is not my stlyle of playing, i like to feel and make love to the music.I have been told by bobby sparks and other drummers that know me that i sound and play like Eric morgan Kirk Franklin old drummer who use to play with bobby sparks and Kirk F, So much love to all my brothers in christ who can pick up the sticks and make it happen. God bless

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 08:58:02 AM »
i saw the videos...but i still havent heard any Mario tracks that he's playin on.....can soemone help me out here...

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 09:25:14 AM »
Alright guys,i can see that some of you got offended with what i said so i'd like to make things clear.There seems to be a misunderstanding with that track.So what i'd like to know is :is Eric Shedding over that track ,or is it the actual track that is on a cd?It makes a huge difference to me.Maybe Eric could answer me himself.

So,if it's a shed,then it's alright with me and what i've said is irrelevant.If not,then it still holds true.At least in my ears.I can't even hear the song in the back.That pretty much says it all.If Mario asked for it,then i don't really get the musical meaning of it.Once again,i love drum solos when the music calls for it which to me is not the case here.I guess musical tastes vary from people to another.

Eric,you're a very gifted and talented drummer and nobody can deny that but i still don't dig the track even tho' i like your playing.I'd love to hear you in a more pocket-ish situation so i can have sthg different to relate to.I wish i could do half the stuff you do on the set,but too many tricks and licks won't ever hold up to a great groove.Not that you can't play a solid deep groove,sure you can,and i'm waiting for a track that'll demonstrate that.

Peace.

ummmm listen to the track again does that even begin to resemble a cd mix?- and if you can't hear the song behind the playing then that wouldn't have anything to do with eric it would be the engineer and producer who mix and master the track.........
there is NO way that was the song- even if you didn't know the song you should be able to hear that.....
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 10:19:35 AM »
i saw the videos...but i still havent heard any Mario tracks that he's playin on.....can soemone help me out here...

it's in the mp3 player on the page.. it says Mario track
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline drumadic

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »
Nobody mentionned that it was a shed in the first place.Eric himself said that Mario asked him to bash on the track.!??
I guess there's still sthg ambiguous about that track.Obviously i'm not the only one in that thread who thought it was an actual track.

Offline mcalexan

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »
does anybody know what that off beat think he is doin at the end of the song is? By the way this is a shed and it is not mixed. My three year old brother could see that.
By God's Grace

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »
Hands, feet, stick twirling.  He's got it man.  thanks for the clip.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Mud

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 08:41:08 PM »
You dudes aren't sick of hearing the same stuff all the time? I mean, Eric can definitely play - but this is gettin' old. The fills are becoming the most important element of playing drums, to sooo many drummers. Since when did the icing become more important than the cake?

Get upset with me. Whatever. My ears are just tired. 

Offline trixx

• LGM Member
  • Drum Off 2008 Red Carpet... ME and Jason Bittner

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 11:02:33 PM »
whats up again ... i feel what you are saying man alot of chops in a musical situation are annoing but if i was quest love and chrisdave where would i be... man i play for me and i love feed back from you guys cause it keeps me motivated and practicing..... i can play pocket and just be a groover but diferent jobs call for diferent things..... i can play all types of music and solo all day to any rhythem ........ and as long as im working there isnt nothing wrong with that.... but god blesses people with diferent gifts and mine is bashin doing crazy stuff and being a diferent person on the drums you dont see everyday

god bless
I must say being a rock star is great. But playing in the lords house tops every arena.

Offline bigtexas210

• LGM Member
  • if u pay your musicans they will b on time

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 12:32:25 AM »
i feel u i get tried of people telling anouther man how he should play and hes not a musican cuz he dont play like u think he should of played it man like i told themaddrumma when people r haten u most b doing some thing right and when they stop check your self cuz what might b wack to u a dude over here love it so keep doing u and ware can a bro get that set up i love those cymbles i would tade my zildjians for those they sound real bright i like that and the way u beat them up on the dvd and they didnt crack i need those joints
i make it do what it do
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up