LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Without God I could Do Nothing"  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Quieter

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

"Without God I could Do Nothing"
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »
When I am learning a new song, first I pray, then practice.  After I have gotten it down, I record it and listen to it for corrections.  I am playing "Without God I Could Do Nothing"  straight from the hymnal and it sounds weak.  I have tried to make it fuller and MADE IT WORSE.  I am still learning and studying and listening and taking note.  Any suggestions from anyone.  It is in the key of Bb.  I do know how to transpose though.  Thanks in advance and God bless.  ?/?
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.  Psalm 34:4

Offline kbolden

• LGM Member

Re: "Without God I could Do Nothing"
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:53:43 PM »
I wish I could play for you and let you hear my version. But just let the music lead you. Straight out of the hymnal is like you said too weak. Use some runs, riffs, chord progressions. But first pray. Be blessed I hope that can help.
Play skilfully unto the Lord with a loud noise ...... Psalms 33:3

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »
Welcome To LGM, Quieter 
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »
When I am learning a new song, first I pray, then practice.  After I have gotten it down, I record it and listen to it for corrections.  I am playing "Without God I Could Do Nothing"  straight from the hymnal and it sounds weak.  I have tried to make it fuller and MADE IT WORSE.  I am still learning and studying and listening and taking note.  Any suggestions from anyone.  It is in the key of Bb.  I do know how to transpose though.  Thanks in advance and God bless.  ?/?

This link will Help!

By:  T-Block

U can get help on many songs just like that by visiting this link:  http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,32178.0.html

Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
Welcome To LGM,  kbolden 
Pages: [1]   Go Up