LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How?, What?, (lol) Live Recording  (Read 364 times)

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
  • Bigtimekeyz Doin' Big Thangs
    • Myspace

How?, What?, (lol) Live Recording
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
Ok.....This is for anyone that know or done a live recording before....Here's my questions: How is a live recording recorded...Meaning when they take it back to the studio and edit it how do they edit each instrument or the vocals alone...Because the way I have to record is one track at a time (not Live). But in order not to have to edit the live recording must be perfect (doubt will happen). And what software or equipment is used to do the libe recording...And when doing the live recording, is it all on one track or is it on separate tracks. This is what I dont get...(lol)....complicated....How do they get all the instruments on different channels or tracks along with the vocals on a separate track too in a live recording....Please someone I have been wanting to know
"Mama said the transpose key is the Devil" only use if u have 2

Offline drakeboy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My boyz

Re: How?, What?, (lol) Live Recording
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
This is how I was told, your have all your instruments and voices going through different mixer channels, you would then snake the channels to your recording device or ADAT machine.  Then you will have control of all of your individual tracks when you do your mixdown.
But I trusted in thee, O LORD; I said, thou art my GOD...Psalms 31:14
Pages: [1]   Go Up