LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: special shoes for bass pedals?  (Read 1868 times)

bwa_patat

special shoes for bass pedals?
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:04:48 AM »
Hello!
A little question which may seem stupid to some, but I'd like to know whether you use special shoes for playing bass pedals. It seems quite obvious that they shouldn't be too large so your foot doesn't get stuck between the keys, but should the soles be made of rubber? Or of leather? Or do you play with only your socks on?
Best regards
Jan

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 06:06:12 AM »
It really doesn't matter. It depends on what's comfortable for you. I know some people that play with boots, some that play with dress shoes, some that even go barefoot or with stockings/socks. I've seen it done many ways. Just find what's comfortable for you. I can play comfortably any way except barefoot. I need a hard bottom to press the pedals, because I move fast.

:)

Offline jkelly

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 08:51:15 PM »
Quote from: B3Wannabe
I can play comfortably any way except barefoot. I need a hard bottom to press the pedals, because I move fast.

Hearing that makes me want to go practice right now  :lol: !!!!

Just like B3Wannabe I've seen people play with all kinds of shoes.  I'll never forget the very first time I saw someone playing with some Timbs on :lol:   I play with just a sock on, no shoe, but then again I don't consider myself an organist.........just a pianist that plays the organ  :lol:
Thank Lord that I got a bass player.

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

True
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 11:15:52 AM »
I cant play in TIMBS cuz I wear a size 13 in TIMBS...So they are very large.  But I like to play with church shoes that have slick bottoms, cuz sometimes I slide my bass notes on show songs.  But there are some ladys that play in the biggest spike or stallettos {whatever they call them}
on earth.  So its basically whatever you get comfortable playing in, wear them.
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

bwa_patat

thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 03:54:46 AM »
Thanks to everybody for the input. I think I will experiment a little with my footwear.
Be blessed
Jan

Offline sax4u2nv

• LGM Member
    • http://

hey ya'll
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 01:33:50 PM »
I'm a saxophone player that's my main instrument, but I play the organ at my church and I play the foot pedals with my shoes off I can't play with my shoes on

Boots...
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 10:03:56 PM »
I personally play in Timberland boots. I feel comfortable when playing in boots. I don't like playing in church shoes that much because my left foot slips to much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up