LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello and a little help.  (Read 2193 times)

Offline mikewill

• LGM Member
    • http://

Hello and a little help.
« on: July 10, 2003, 10:45:11 PM »
My name is Michael Williams and I am a 17 year old aspiring musician.

I currently read sheet music and attend Christ the King Baptist Church in Milwaukee WI where the Rev. John W. McVicker,Sr. is Pastor.

I currently taking "lessons" from our current lead musician. And he is really giving me alot of insight and instruction.

Now that I've introduced myself, I need some help. You see I like to play a lot of hymns since I can read them straight out of the book but I'm not good with chords, fills, riffs, and runs yet. I have looked at the lessons section for some fills and turnarounds and riffs but I don't quiet understand them.

If someone could please break down some of these fills and riffs so I can try them when I at home playing my keyboard I would greatly appreciate it! Something simple. some fills that would fit nicely in between a verse and chorus of a hymn that is used commonly in a Baptist church (that way hopefully I will recognize it.)

Thanks in advance!

Your brother in Christ,
Mike

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Hello and a little help.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 01:04:19 AM »
To improve your improvisional skills, you need to study the lessons on progessions and scales. Start with the basic ones. I'm certain you'll understand those....Buy a couple jazz progression books.

Hope this helps....
Pages: [1]   Go Up