LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how you dress  (Read 5516 times)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

Re: how you dress
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »
man your tough i think you need a hug from one of the lgm church mothers....joking

B_XALTED

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 08:29:45 AM »
ya'll hittin it on the head....

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 12:29:37 AM »
This is semi-relevant... it was a quote (I heard from a music conference I attended) that has stuck with me...

"God has honored you with a stage, a platform for you to be a musician in his holy place... The least you can do is return the favour." - Darlene Zschech (Hillsongs)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 10:31:31 AM »
We finally agree!!!!yea!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I also agree with this statement!!  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

B_XALTED

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »
Ya know... personal cleanliness should go into the topic as well. there are some smelly people in church sometimes.

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 11:23:17 PM »
No it is not about the clothes BUT I have to say it is about modesty. If you have to think to yourself if this outfit is appropriate or not and you are pulling your shirt up to keep the cleavage from showing or your pulling down on your skirt because it is too short, then it is not appropriate to wear.

There this saying that my pastor say about dressing. It is called a "too too suit". He say a "too too suit" is what some people where to church. A too too suit is too short, too tight, and too much in it.
I  dress appropriate at all times. Some ladies get an attitude if a man look at them in a inappropriate way, well you need to cover yourself up. Just my two cents.
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Keys410

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 09:00:15 AM »
I think it doesnt matter what you wear to church but I do believe there is a standard. I was in church in my pic and I was ministering  but I dress up as well. I believe you should come in what is comfortable to you because my clothes wont make or break my praise.  Be blessed

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 12:27:20 AM »
No it is not about the clothes BUT I have to say it is about modesty. If you have to think to yourself if this outfit is appropriate or not and you are pulling your shirt up to keep the cleavage from showing or your pulling down on your skirt because it is too short, then it is not appropriate to wear.

There this saying that my pastor say about dressing. It is called a "too too suit". He say a "too too suit" is what some people where to church. A too too suit is too short, too tight, and too much in it.
I  dress appropriate at all times. Some ladies get an attitude if a man look at them in a inappropriate way, well you need to cover yourself up. Just my two cents.

not striking but asking a question here. from your pic i can kinda get an idea as to what your outfit is but back the 70's & 80's that mightve been considered inappropiate. what are your thought on that comment?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 09:38:19 AM »
This is semi-relevant... it was a quote (I heard from a music conference I attended) that has stuck with me...

"God has honored you with a stage, a platform for you to be a musician in his holy place... The least you can do is return the favour." - Darlene Zschech (Hillsongs)

This is a great quote and makes perfect sense. Clothing, whether its a suit or jeans, should be tasteful. Tasteful means not too tight, not too revealing; and even not too BRIGHT (you know how some brothers do in the church around Easter  :D). It's pretty simple, really. I find that folks who make it a big deal NOT to follow this simple mindset are the ones who are most rebellious IN CHURCH.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

B_XALTED

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 09:47:44 AM »

This is a great quote and makes perfect sense. Clothing, whether its a suit or jeans, should be tasteful. Tasteful means not too tight, not too revealing; and even not too BRIGHT (you know how some brothers do in the church around Easter  :D). It's pretty simple, really. I find that folks who make it a big deal NOT to follow this simple mindset are the ones who are most rebellious IN CHURCH.

so what your are saying is not hot pants at church??? I DISAGREE!!! lol.... hot pants say that i am on fire for da lawd... lol...

kidding. I follow the mindset.... I used to be rebellious... but no more. I think it comes with spiritual maturity.

Offline Big_Al

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 08:48:19 AM »
WOW. You guys are amazing. I totally agree with you(s). In fact, the musicians in our church have a strict dress code. No FUBU, jeans, over-sized t-shirts etc. A suit, shirt, black or dark shoes and a tie is required. Or you sit this one out.

I'm so glad and surprised alot of you feel the same way.

-Al
All That I Am, I Owe to the LORD.

Offline tania108

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »
I agree that its not about what you wear but how you serve and live for God that matters.IICor. 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. However; that does not give us any excuse just to wear anything we want.  The word also tells us 1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

After some time I've gotten a little comfortable with wearing pants to rehearsal or if we go out on a picnic or something like that.........but not on Sundays and definitely not in the pulpit!

Offline laj528

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Preach the word!
    • H.O.P.E. Ministries

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2006, 09:31:57 PM »
 ;D
Just curious but can you tell me the location of "come as you are" in the bible?
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Heb12:14)

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 02:43:43 PM »

I know I'm responding late to this post, but I just HAD to throw a few "AMENS" at this one. SJON that is the TRUTH!!
Romans 1:16
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up